Harmon Killebrew dead at 74

pmoehrin

This from Killebrew

"It is with profound sadness that I share with you that my continued battle with esophageal cancer is coming to an end. With the continued love and support of my wife, Nita, I have exhausted all options with respect to controlling this awful disease. My illness has progressed beyond my doctors' expectation of cure.

I have spent the past decade of my life promoting hospice care and educating people on its benefits. I am very comfortable taking this next step and experiencing the compassionate care that hospice provides.

I am comforted by the fact that I am surrounded by my family and friends. I thank you for the outpouring of concern, prayers and encouragement that you have shown me. I look forward to spending my final days in comfort and peace with Nita by my side."

One of the greatest slugging corner infielders of all-time and argubly the greatest Twins player ever.

My thoughts and prayers are with Killebrew and his family.

One of my favorite baseball legends ever. It's so sad to see him slipping like this, and this is very unfortunate for such a truly great man. My prayers are still with him and his family.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Hospice nurses, staff, and volunteers are among the most unsung of heroes. It takes the biggest of brass ones to go to work every day and stand with people facing death.

Seconded. The hospice nurse who cared for my grandmother in her final days was an absolute angel.

Hospice nurses, staff, and volunteers are among the most unsung of heroes. It takes the biggest of brass ones to go to work every day and stand with people facing death.

Seconded. The hospice nurse who cared for my grandmother in her final days was an absolute angel.

My Dads nurse was a very funny black woman who made him laugh in his final days.

576 Homers before the steroid era Killebrew was in the top 5. He made the Minnesota Twins and some believe he is the man in the MLB Logo.

So today we are all the MLB Logo.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

576 Homers before the steroid era Killebrew was in the top 5. He made the Minnesota Twins and some believe he is the man in the MLB Logo.

So today we are all the MLB Logo.

... or just some of us ...

I saw, I came, I left.

He just died.

Sad how quickly that happens. Most times you hear of someone famous entering hospice, and they pass within days.

EDIT: I just edited the topic title to reflect the latest news.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived