100th Indy 500

Burkell007

so just watching espn classic with all the 500's being shown, i looked and saw no topic on this years so i figured i break the seal. anyways who is going to the 100th celebration? and any race picks or good stories from other years u might of been there, the fourm is open!

my pick for top 3:

1. Oriol Seria

2. Will Power

3. Paul Tracy

This race isn't what it used to be that's for sure, my attention will be with the Coke 600 later in that evening. I will still watch though good to see three Canadians in the race so i'm hoping for any of them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Will, they are marketing it as 100 years of the 500. I haven't been following, so if Sarah Fisher is running, I'll vote for her. Met her a couple times when my stepdad was doing security in gasoline alley...shes cool as hell.

Will, they are marketing it as 100 years of the 500. I haven't been following, so if Sarah Fisher is running, I'll vote for her. Met her a couple times when my stepdad was doing security in gasoline alley...shes cool as hell.

I know how they're marketing it - it's the 100th anniversary of the first Indy 500. But it is only the 95th running given they took breaks during WW1 and WW2.

LvZYtbZ.png

I'll be there on Sunday. Andretti Motorsports has bought the #41 machine of Bruno Junquiera and Ryan Hunter-Reay gets in the race after all.

I've got Tags becoming the 21st driver to win the Indy 500 from the pole.

I saw a interview with Bruno,. MAN what a stand up guy, just give him spot #34 like when they messed up in 97? i think and had 35 starters. josh nope she is retired and expecting kid #1, ed carpenter is driving for her team she owns so i guess u can root for them.

I am very excited about this 500. The little guys are going to make it hard on big teams. The playing field is as even as it's going to be (since the new cars roll out next year). I like Ed Carpenter, Townsend Bell or (FROM NOWHERE) Tony Kanaan.

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

What a way for Dan Wheldon to win the Indy 500.

Or is it more what a way that rookie J.R. Hildebrand lost the Indy 500?

Lapped traffic forced him up the track into the marbles on the last turn, with the other cars coming fast, he couldn't do anything about that.

Archived