National Identities

Davidson

So, I've been trying to get away from the standard sports logo style recently and make something a little different. An idea I've had for a while was to create a series of national identity pieces using a very classic style. Anyway, I thought Id post them to see what you guys thought. Here are The USA, England, Australia and Canada. Next up, Ill be making some of the following; Russia, Germany, France, South Africa and some more.

National_Identities_USA.png

National_Identities_England.png

National_Identities_Australia.png

National_Identities_Canada.png

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very minimalistic, which is great. Quite the departure from your usual stuff. Even though you are a great designer already, you are growing in new directions. Australia is my fav.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

Wow! These are great. I really love the simplicity of these. England and Australia are exceptional in my opinion. Great work, I look forward to seeing more.

Are you using the same font for each identity?

Empirically not.

RockiesSig.png

they look great FD. i would suggest an old style serif like Baskerville or Bookman for the US. something that looks Roman influenced.not sure why Canada is black and not red and white, i think that would be much better

any idea on the use of these? would they be on currency? military uniforms? seals?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I'd put "United States" rather than the full name of the country. Not only would it look less cluttered, but it's inconsistent with how you did Australia (which would technically have to include "The Commonwealth of"). I also think Canada's background should be white, not black.

Australia and England are perfect... don't change a thing!

i really like all except for canada, you used animals for all but canada and i would like to see some more creativity in a canadian design then just a simple maple leaf on a black background

We want beaver.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Davidson, man, these are fantastic.

The US and Australia are basically perfect. I would make the USA say "United States", however. I would change Canada to white, also. Lastly, Something is weird about England. THe round shape is weird, I think. Maybe it is the usage of colors. You could probably get away with red , white, and gold as an accent. Since England primarily uses red and white anyway.

One suggestion. The overall shape of the USA shield... I think it would be more unique and accurate if it resembled the shield in The Great Seal: Great_Seal_of_the_United_States.png

I really like the muted colors and the texture of these. Any change of doing Germany, Italy, Greece and Ireland?

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

One suggestion. The overall shape of the USA shield... I think it would be more unique and accurate if it resembled the shield in The Great Seal:

I really like the muted colors and the texture of these. Any change of doing Germany, Italy, Greece and Ireland?

How would it be more unique if it resembled something else? Personally I dont like the spread eagles so to speak. I prefer the animals to have a little more naturalism about them.

Yes, planning on doing some of those.

Archived