Miami Heat refresh

Conrad.

That looks awesome, but in real life, the numbers would not have the inline effect, because for whatever reason, the Revolution numbers have to be solid.

The company that produces the numbers for adidas can't do it, I guess. I still haven't figured out a good reason why this is.

Anyway. Great update here. I still don't think I'm the biggest fan of asymmetrical concepts in general, but I do like the design element you have going on with the lines. The inline lettering and numbering really does a nice job of replicating that neon sign look as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

man i really do like the update with the pink and blue and i think those are great Miami colors. totally unique. but i just cant get over how girly it is either. im torn. i love the outside the box thinking and drawing on local culture, but this seems more like an alternate to me at best. maybe thats not so bad though

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

on the away jersey - alternate palm tree basketball logo - i would switch the white and the yellow. that way it would match the white/yellow scheme with the numbers and font. right now you have them in reverse. the white should be the accent color on the outside.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

The update is really well done. The colors work much better in the new proportions. I'd play around with the letters / numbers just a tad more, maybe create a true split (like the Grizzlies pre-Revolution ones.)

I wouldn't let a current manufacturing limitation force an adjustment to a concept. We're not talking about technology that hasn't been invented yet or anything

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For those who'd rather not stray too far from the "box", here she is with their current gold and old red color combo:

miami-heat_unis_mid-rez.png

Cool?

That's BETTER! The home is a solid uniform. So is the away actually.

It has nothing to do with thinking out of the box...that's encouraged...but pink and teal flames just do not work. Don't get your panties so knotted up from a little critiquing.

87Redskins.png

Archived