2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the Esks win last night, they will be the 1 seed in the West Division Playoffs. So setting up today's scenarios.

Calgary win, and BC loss - Edmonton #1, Calgary #2, BC #3

BC win, and Calgary loss - Edmonton #1, BC #2, Calgary #3

Both win or Both lose - Edmonton #1, BC #2, Calgary #3

Winnipeg win, Montreal loss - Winnipeg #1, Montreal #2, Hamilton #3

Montreal win, Winnipeg loss - Montreal #1, Winnipeg #2, Hamilton #3

Both win or Both lose - Winnipeg #1, Montreal #2, Hamilton #3

I'll be at the game today at McMahon cheering on the Bombers, and it will be a chilly and slippery one, snowed quite a bit yesterday.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

With the Esks win last night, they will be the 1 seed in the West Division Playoffs. So setting up today's scenarios.

I'll be at the game today at McMahon cheering on the Bombers, and it will be a chilly and slippery one, snowed quite a bit yesterday.

You go ahead and enjoy your season ending excitement. I'll just sit over here and celebrate stumbling into the playoffs in the most half-a$$ed manner possible :P

Ah, er, B.C. actually owns the tiebreaker against Edmonton. Edmonton can't do any worse than 2nd, Calgary can't do any better than 2nd, and B.C. can finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

tigercatssignature-1.png

You go ahead and enjoy your season ending excitement. I'll just sit over here and celebrate stumbling into the playoffs in the most half-a$$ed manner possible :P

Oh, and speaking of stumbling in, Hamilton is 4-6 in the last 10 games, Winnipeg is 3-7... ^_^

tigercatssignature-1.png

Ah, er, B.C. actually owns the tiebreaker against Edmonton. Edmonton can't do any worse than 2nd, Calgary can't do any better than 2nd, and B.C. can finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Beat me to it. BC ends the season first in the west and is the number 1 seed. Not bad for a team that started the season playing like the Colts.

I'm really hoping that the Ti-cats win the East-Semi because ... were 3-0 against them! :grin:

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Beat me to it. BC ends the season first in the west and is the number 1 seed. Not bad for a team that started the season playing like the Colts.

Probably shouldn't have surprised anyone, they had similar bad starts the previous 2-3 seasons and have always bounced back. During the 0-5 streak, Travis Lulay was putting up some pretty impressive numbers, it just seemed to me that it was only a matter of time before they broke out, and boy did they break out...

tigercatssignature-1.png

Oh, and speaking of stumbling in, Hamilton is 4-6 in the last 10 games, Winnipeg is 3-7... ^_^

...and Montréal's only 5-5! :wacko:

6fQjS3M.png

But the last ever game at CanadInns Stadium is the East Final, I can't think of any better motivation. Glenn and Porter combo looks like crap, and AC is showing his age, as is the entire Alouette squad. If the Bombers didn't have a brain cramp in most the games down the stretch, so like a quarter or two. The Bombers would have had the East all won three weeks ago.

If I had to pick a favorite CFL team it'd be Hamilton, simply because they're owned by a guy with ties to my area... but there's no way they beat the Alouettes in a playoff game, in Montreal.

Edmonton and Calgary should be *the* fun game to watch next week. No idea who'll win that one, and those guys will be amped up.

nav-logo.png

Just out of curiosity, are we going to be starting a separate playoff thread, or are we continuing here?

I don't think it's necessary really. We'll probably only get about 10 or so users commenting in here anyways through out the playoffs.

Anyways thoughts on the Semi-Finals.

Ti-Cats will be in tough, but they played the Alouettes very well this year, and I think they'll have to make a decision on Glenn getting most of the plays at QB, but as we all know Glenn is prone to some dumb mistakes in big games, so I think the load of the offense will have to go on the shoulders of Avon Colbourne. The Als have the playoff pedigree, but their age, and injuries are starting to show. Ti-Cats will have to get a lot of pressure on AC, he tends to force the ball when that happens, so to pull of the upset they'll need to hit Calvillo early and often, and let Kevin Glenn manage the game.

Battle of Alberta, first home playoff game for the Eskimos in 7 years. Eskimos played really well at the start of the year, fizzled out in the middle, then finished strong. Calgary has been up and down all season, and have gone away from Henry Burris at Quarterback, and put their playoff fate in the hands of Drew Tate. Like every Battle of Alberta in the playoffs it usually comes down to the final quarter, but the Stamps really need to put together a complete game if they want to beat the Eskimos. Ricky Ray is a veteran and knows how to win in the playoffs. I think Jerome Messam plays a vital role, as the weather out here probably won't be the best in Alberta this weekend. Calgary has a better arsenal of weapons in the receiving core by far, but maybe we see Joffery Reynolds a bit more this weekend, because I think the better running team wins this game.

Here is how I think the Semis will go:

The Alls and Ti-Cats are coming off of big losses (Montreal 1 to BC 43 and Hamilton 16 to Toronto 33). And Kevin Glenn, you never know what youre getting from him. Brandon Whitaker has 1,300 some yards and Avon Coburne has 900 and some yards so Monreal has an advantage there (not just because of the stats, Whitaker is pretty tough RB). The Ti-cats would need to have to play great defensivly and offensevly and I don't think they can do that agianst a more experinced team and a great QB in Anthony Calvilo. Also the game is in Montreal. Prediction: Montreal 29 Hamilton 25.

The West-semi should be very exciting (any battle of Alberta game would be exciting in the playoffs especially) this week. The Esks have a QB that has been there, done that in the playoffs and are at home, but i'm sure tons of Stamps fans will make the trip to Commonwelth. The Stamps also have good recivers and a good QB. With these teams being both good on offense it could be the defence that decides this game. Prediction: Edmonton 34 Calgary 32.

And also a weird fact: Calgary wins and gets 3rd and Winnipeg losses and gets first. Thank you B.C. :D

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

And also a weird fact: Calgary wins and gets 3rd and Winnipeg losses and gets first. Thank you B.C. :D

Got to love the CFL, it's been a crazy season in may ways.

Now it may get crazier.

But in the end,

GO STAMPS!

They did great on the road this year--including beating Edmonton up there.

I expect a close game.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived