2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

Love the heart the Bombers showed tonight, pretty sure there should have at least a second left, oh well.

I don't think they should've benefited from the interference call that put them at the 1 yard line though.

That was the worst call I've seen in a long time. If anything the interference should have been on the receiver for bear-hugging the defender.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the heart the Bombers showed tonight, pretty sure there should have at least a second left, oh well.

I don't think they should've benefited from the interference call that put them at the 1 yard line though.

Yeah, that was pretty much an uncatchable pass.

The refurbished B.C. Place looks pretty amazing on TV.

Yeah it did. Definitely the premier venue in the CFL after all the upgrades. Definitely something for the Vikings to consider in the NFL as BC Place went from Metrodome XL to awesome after those renovations.

Now that's more like it (The Stamps game today)

Although it was only the Riders.

They'll need to step it up against the Lions next week.

The Riders can win next week...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Looks like I was dead on.

The league agrees and has sacked the referee

Is it the first league to hold the referees accountable for their calls?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Looks like I was dead on.

The league agrees and has sacked the referee

Is it the first league to hold the referees accountable for their calls?

I'm glad a league is finally holding officials accountable. If Players and Management are responsible for their performance referes should be too.

On the other hand, getting fired for that bad call may be a bit extreme. I don't know if this guy had some other questionable calls in other games, if he did then sure it's time to let him go. However I don't think getting canned for one bad call is the right idea.

1zqy8ok.gif

I'm done with this league's shoddy officiating. Let me get this straight, whistle in the crowd, Bombers assume its a ref so they stop playing, Argos still kick the FG, ball hits upright and misses play dead. Wrong Argos get to re-kick, still misses but gets single and the Bombers lose.

I've seen some piss poor reffing in this league, but tonight was THE absolute worst and from Proulx's crew, which is supposed to be the best.

I am too angry right now.

I was too angry to even post.

You Winnipeg guys, the right call was made, there was nothing wrong with the officiating. Could it be that maybe, just maybe your team isn't as good as you think it is? Hmmmmmmm?

Could it be? I'm not sure what's up with Hamilton losing to the Bombers? Mabye youre team's not as good as you think. Hmmmmmm?

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

I'm done with this league's shoddy officiating. Let me get this straight, whistle in the crowd, Bombers assume its a ref so they stop playing, Argos still kick the FG, ball hits upright and misses play dead. Wrong Argos get to re-kick, still misses but gets single and the Bombers lose.

I've seen some piss poor reffing in this league, but tonight was THE absolute worst and from Proulx's crew, which is supposed to be the best.

I am too angry right now.

I was too angry to even post.

You Winnipeg guys, the right call was made, there was nothing wrong with the officiating. Could it be that maybe, just maybe your team isn't as good as you think it is? Hmmmmmmm?

Could it be? I'm not sure what's up with Hamilton losing to the Bombers? Mabye youre team's not as good as you think. Hmmmmmm?

Gah, what a season.

A nice little nod to Calvillo on his record-setting day: Grantland

Nice to see the ode.

But what really pisses me off is that when Americans who don't know a lick about the game think it's so damn weird that we play with 10 extra yard, 1 extra player, 1 less down and a bigger ball, so what it's really not that different, but nice to see AC getting the attention down south he deserves, something Damon Allen should have gotten as well.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived