2011 CFL Season

NEW.ERA

My father-in-law to be is a Ti-Cats fan. Should make the upcoming wedding interesting.

Hoping now for blizzard conditions in Winnipeg, keep the ball on the ground. Winnipeg's run D is superior to Hamilton's, plus the Bombers have Chris Garrett. FredEx should be on the move next season.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stamps lose, Henry Burris probably played his last game in Calgary. Edmonton moves onto Vancouver to battle the Lions.

The Stamps gave that one away--not just one player--but most of them...

I guess I become a Lions fan for a week...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Hell Yes! Bombers 19 Hamilton 3.

Do we have one more win in us? I hope so.

It's also nice to see that the final play in Canaddinns stadium is a TD.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

Does anyone know where, if anywhere, the Grey Cup will be broadcast in the USA? I've been able to catch it the last few years and I'd definitely like to keep the streak alive.

Anyone know where it'll be streamed online? I tried TSN and a few other places to catch this week's games but struck out everywhere.

nav-logo.png

Does anyone know where, if anywhere, the Grey Cup will be broadcast in the USA? I've been able to catch it the last few years and I'd definitely like to keep the streak alive.

Anyone know where it'll be streamed online? I tried TSN and a few other places to catch this week's games but struck out everywhere.

ESPN3. Unfortunately, NFLN won't show it and go up against an NFL game. <_<

All CFL games are streamed on ESPN3.

6fQjS3M.png

Well that was disappointing. I honestly wasn't expecting a Ti-Cats win, but I was expecting more then a field goal out of them. Oh well. At least they beat Montreal/won a playoff game this season. Baby steps!

On to Vancouver!

Lee, you gonna try hit up some tickets?

I have a big TV, and beer is cheaper (marginally) at home. I may have some people over but there's no way I'm going anywhere near downtown this weekend.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Let's make this a year Winnipeg won't forget. Return of the Jets and a Bombers victory in the Grey Cup!

You got your hockey team back. Now it's time for the Lions to give Vancouver something to be happy about after the Canucks blew it in the spring. That and we don't want to give YVR another reason to riot...

I want to say that a lot of Vancouver doesn't care about the Lions as much as other CFL cities care about their team. Could be wrong, but watching games on TV during the regular season be it at the old BC Place, Empire, or the new one. Doesn't seem like the rowdy bunch.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

It's on ESPN3 for sure. I checked the schedule and coverage starts at 6pm EST. Their feeds are usually very good.

As for YVR not caring, they care just not as much as they do about the Canucks. That said they do care without question. They wouldn't get as many people out to games if they didn't care. Being rowdy does not equate into love of team.

I've heard about giving it your all to play football... but.. um... this is something else

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Edmonton/2011/11/22/19001776.html

Esk played through pain

Receiver had testicle removed

By Terry Jones, QMI Agency

VANCOUVER - Fred Stamps lost a testicle.

The Edmonton Eskimos' star receiver with the flowing locks and the boyish good looks may not strike you as a guy who would be particularly tough or a guy who would put it on the line for his team to quite this extent, but you are about to read about one of the most courageous seasons in CFL history.

Five-year veteran Stamps came back three games after Winnipeg's Jonathan Hefney accidentally kicked him in the groin.

He played the entire second half of the season and two playoff games with physical pain and mental anguish that's hard for most guys to contemplate.

"Every time I ran it felt like another kick in the groin," he said.

"Every time, it was like getting kicked all over again. There wasn't a day I didn't have to take pain killers to get through the pain. I couldn't go a day. I had to take something every single day."

There were times in the Western Final he felt like throwing up.

"Anybody who has been kicked there knows about wanting to throw up. During the game (here Sunday) I felt like I had to throw up. It's weird," said the player who missed four games due to appendectomy surgery the year before and still led the team in receiving with 1,224 yards.

"Every day I felt discomfort. And every day I told myself 'Thank God I'm still able to play football."

Expecting to play in Sunday's Grey Cup game, Stamps held off on another surgery he requires until next week.

"I have to have another surgery to repair nerve damage in my groin," he said.

"The doctor asked me to have the surgery in October. But I said no. We were on the run to the playoffs.

"It was just something I had to deal with. Some days I didn't even want to move. The training staff did a great job making me feel comfortable.

"The team has done a tremendous job supporting me, the coach and GM, and everybody.

"I'd do it over again."

Receivers get the reputation of a mosquito bite being considered a major injury. But not this guy.

He didn't miss practices. He took all his reps.

"It's weird to finally talk about. But when I shower and touch a certain area - well, only guys who have been kicked there know what I feel."

How he even finished that game in Winnipeg, much less caught three passes for 41 yards in a 28-16 loss to the Bombers on Aug. 5, is remarkable.

"It was the first play of the game. It was the worst pain I ever felt in my life."

Described at the time as "abdominal surgery," Stamps had the surgery in Winnipeg and had the testicle removed not long after the game.

"It was right away," he said.

The physical part of it was one thing. The mental part is something else again.

"That was tough. You are taking a risk of having kids," said the father of Fred Stamps III, who will turn two at the end of January.

"For the longest time I didn't stop thinking about it. It's easy to forget when you are around the guys. I forgot about it then. But when I was alone "¦

"I'm over it now. I'm over everything. And when I'm finished with the nerve repair surgery next week, hopefully I'll be past the pain.

"I just want to come back and try to win the Grey Cup.

"I can't wait to just go out there and play football like any other man."

Stamps had a league-leading 30 catches for 578 yards and six touchdowns going into that Winnipeg game, the Eskimos' sixth of the season. He returned for the second half of the season and ended up as the league's fourth-leading receiver, 197 yards short of being the No. 2 receiver, with a year-end total of 1,153 yards. He was one of only two Eskimos named All-Stars.

Stamps was back in Edmonton cleaning out his locker Monday while Hefney is headed here today to play in the Grey Cup.

"I don't think he knows," said Stamps of his missing testicle.

"I want him to know I don't hold any grudges. He's a good football player.

"It was just one of the weirdest accidents you're ever going to see in football."

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived