NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

Wow. I wonder how much B.S. John Tortorella threw Brad Richards. Has Brad Richards not looked at the roster? Besides him, where is the talent? Gaborik? For how long? When will he get injured? After that then what? It's a team full of 2 and 3 line talent and then Brad Richards. And the defense is where and who? Has this franchise not learned? Did they not learn from the Chris Drury & Scott Gomez signings? Did Brad Richards not see the epic fail that those two had and that the team had? This franchise doesn't get you can't just pay every free agent out there and build a team that way, and obviously Brad Richards was blinded by the lights that are New York to actually see that he's going to a team that will always be struggling to get into the playoffs and then when they do they'll bow out year after year in the first round. I mean heck, after this season they'll have a new coach anyway, because Tortorella will be fired and blamed for everything that is wrong with this team. I would've had more respect for the guy if he would've signed with Philly, Boston, Detroit, even Montreal, San Jose, or Vancouver but to sign in New York, shows he doesn't want to win another Cup and he's just cashing in. Enjoy your money Brad, it won't buy you happiness.

3645980387_cool_story_bro_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Seriously though, after saying "I laugh at anyone who thinks Brad Richards will sign with Toronto or the Rangers." you've already embarrassed yourself by being wrong enough today. If I were you I'd stop making these "predictions" about Richards or anything NHL for that matter, because it doesn't seem like you're anywhere close to being right.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I wonder how much B.S. John Tortorella threw Brad Richards. Has Brad Richards not looked at the roster? Besides him, where is the talent? Gaborik? For how long? When will he get injured? After that then what? It's a team full of 2 and 3 line talent and then Brad Richards. And the defense is where and who? Has this franchise not learned? Did they not learn from the Chris Drury & Scott Gomez signings? Did Brad Richards not see the epic fail that those two had and that the team had? This franchise doesn't get you can't just pay every free agent out there and build a team that way, and obviously Brad Richards was blinded by the lights that are New York to actually see that he's going to a team that will always be struggling to get into the playoffs and then when they do they'll bow out year after year in the first round. I mean heck, after this season they'll have a new coach anyway, because Tortorella will be fired and blamed for everything that is wrong with this team. I would've had more respect for the guy if he would've signed with Philly, Boston, Detroit, even Montreal, San Jose, or Vancouver but to sign in New York, shows he doesn't want to win another Cup and he's just cashing in. Enjoy your money Brad, it won't buy you happiness.

3645980387_cool_story_bro_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Seriously though, after saying "I laugh at anyone who thinks Brad Richards will sign with Toronto or the Rangers." you've already embarrassed yourself by being wrong enough today. If I were you I'd stop making these "predictions" about Richards or anything NHL for that matter, because it doesn't seem like you're anywhere close to being right.

Well, as far as being a hockey crazy market, it's obviously better than Dallas or Tampa Bay, but in terms of winning, as Charlie Sheen would say, I'm not buying the Rangers as a good pick to win it all this coming year. Clearly, he has an existing relationship with John Tortorella, from their days in Tampa Bay, so that probably was another big factor in his decision.

FANTASTIC trade for the Leafs. What was Poile thinking?

Lebda: 2010-11 Toronto Maple Leafs NHL 41gp 1g 3a 4pts 14pim -14

Franson: 2010-11 Nashville Predators NHL 80gp 8g 21a 29pts 30pim +10

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Lombardi isn't the player everyone thinks he can be, ever since he left Calgary he's been injury prone. World class speed and kill some penalties but he's nothing more.

Cody Franson now he's the gem. Brian Burke is building quite the team in Toronto.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Lombardi isn't the player everyone thinks he can be, ever since he left Calgary he's been injury prone. World class speed and kill some penalties but he's nothing more.

Cody Franson now he's the gem. Brian Burke is building quite the team in Toronto.

The Preds' wanted to dump Lombardi's contract, the Leafs' said they would on the condition that they get Franson, who is on the final year of his entry level deal which is paying him less than $1 million.

The Leafs' now have a STOCKED and quite large Defense corps:

Phaneuf, Schenn (unsigned RFA), Aulie, Gunnarsson, Komisarek, Franson, Liles

And that is before you consider the players who are going to be with the Marlies' that can challenge for a roster spot:

Gardiner, Holzer, Blacker, Gysbers, Mikus

The Leafs' HAVE to be moving one or more of those players (probably Komisarek or possibly Schenn, who had an amazing season) will be shipped out for an established top-6 forward to either be the true #1 centre or another top scorer.

My money is on Schenn being packaged for someone big, although, I'd be just as happy keeping him on the defense!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

The Preds' wanted to dump Lombardi's contract, the Leafs' said they would on the condition that they get Franson, who is on the final year of his entry level deal which is paying him less than $1 million.

And that is before you consider the players who are going to be with the Marlies' that can challenge for a roster spot:

The Leafs' HAVE to be moving one or more of those players (probably Komisarek or possibly Schenn, who had an amazing season) will be shipped out for an established top-6 forward to either be the true #1 centre or another top scorer.

My money is on Schenn being packaged for someone big, although, I'd be just as happy keeping him on the defense!

I'd dump Komisarek and fill out the forward lines through other means.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I tried to emphasize "packaging" but he'd be a good fit somewhere with a little less pressure (and with open wallets cough cough FLORIDA).

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I tried to emphasize "packaging" but he'd be a good fit somewhere with a little less pressure (and with open wallets cough cough FLORIDA).

Could we see Komisarek packaged off for Stephen Weiss? Make it happen, Brian Burke.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I just want his contract off the books and have that money go elsewhere, opportunity cost!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Wow! So where will he start the season with after he refuses to play in Minnesota?

Unless this sets up something big, the Sharks took a real step backwards this off season.

Btw... good for Minnesota, it appears that for the first time in their existence they are serious about getting better.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Archived