NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O'Donnell is a guy a lot of people had wanted for a while. Happy with the signing.

I would've preferred a center, but I guess Brunette can provide the Veteran Leadership we would've gotten from Madden or someone like him. Prettyy good move, but this seems to cement Sharp at #2C and Bolland at #3.

Carcillo is more talented than people give him credit for, kind of like Ben Eager in that regard. Harmless.

Jamal Mayers is a bum with nothing left. Dumb.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Thrashers rushed Bogo in my eyes. Maybe a new start in the Peg will fix him.

Bogosian's a guy that's regressed in his three seasons.

Outside of his hot start to the '09-'10 season, he hasn't shown much improvement. He's gotten worse, somehow.

Jagr will become the 10th of 21 first-round draft picks from the Class of 1990 to suit up for the Flyers, joining Petr Nedved, Keith Primeau, Mike Ricci, Derian Hatcher, John Slaney, Turner Stevenson, Mark Greig, Dykhuis and Shawn Antoski.

Paul Holmgren has confirmed that they've made a "pitch" for Brad Richards. My guess is that it wasn't a very serious one, or it'd've (double contraction FTW) been done by now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I laugh at anyone who thinks Brad Richards will sign with Toronto or the Rangers. Toronto is at least another year away from the playoffs and at least 4 years from being contenders for the Cup, if their young talent pans out. Richards isn't going to wait that long. The Rangers are not an option at all. For as much money as the Rangers think they can throw at Brad Richards, he's not dumb enough to go to a team that over-pays for average talent that will completely flop year in and year out. New York management has no understanding of hockey talent or what makes a good hockey team. They just go out and pay for talented players or flashes in the pan. Him signing in Tampa, LA, Philly, Buffalo or another good organization, I can see. I just don't see Toronto or New York. I watched TSN's coverage of Free Agency and busted up laughing as they guaranteed Richards signing in New York. Do these guys not watch the game, do they not see the horrible set of talent and over-payed players in New York? What top-notch talent would want to go to that screwed up team?

Still laughing now?

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Terry Pegula is quite the owner. Regehr, Leino and possibly Richards.

I would assume that the Leino signing means no Richards.

I have a strong feeling he will be a ranger.

I laugh at anyone who thinks Brad Richards will sign with Toronto or the Rangers. Toronto is at least another year away from the playoffs and at least 4 years from being contenders for the Cup, if their young talent pans out. Richards isn't going to wait that long. The Rangers are not an option at all. For as much money as the Rangers think they can throw at Brad Richards, he's not dumb enough to go to a team that over-pays for average talent that will completely flop year in and year out. New York management has no understanding of hockey talent or what makes a good hockey team. They just go out and pay for talented players or flashes in the pan. Him signing in Tampa, LA, Philly, Buffalo or another good organization, I can see. I just don't see Toronto or New York. I watched TSN's coverage of Free Agency and busted up laughing as they guaranteed Richards signing in New York. Do these guys not watch the game, do they not see the horrible set of talent and over-payed players in New York? What top-notch talent would want to go to that screwed up team?

Shows what you know. :P

Seriously, you made this post all based on how Richards thinks. You have never met him and you have not one iota of a clue how this guy thinks. You cant base predictions on how someone thinks of a soul you dont know.

PanthersSplash-070111.jpg

You just dumped the money truck on Tomases Kopecky and Fleischmann, and now you're selling lower-bowl seats for $25! Yeah, I bet you're seeing red! You worthless gomers, gtfo of my league.

[image]Panthers 2011-12 Season Promo[image]

You just dumped the money truck on Tomases Kopecky and Fleischmann, and now you're selling lower-bowl seats for $25! Yeah, I bet you're seeing red! You worthless gomers, gtfo of my league.

Oh yes, I can't wait to see Marcel Goc show off his hockey talents near South Beach!

Caps sign Chris Bourque. Hope he enjoys Hershey.

Wasn't he already there once?

EDIT: Rangers got Richards relatively cheap 9 years/60 Million, Flames were offering 9 years/65 Million. Jarome Iginla put a call into Richards seeing if he wanted to come to Calgary.

Guess it didn't work.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

EDIT: Rangers got Richards relatively cheap 9 years/60 Million, Flames were offering 9 years/65 Million. Jarome Iginla put a call into Richards seeing if he wanted to come to Calgary.

Guess it didn't work.

Yes we drafted him. He bolted for the KHL and now I guess hes back.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

I coveted Goc. I'm a little bitter about that. Kopecky, Fleischmann, Jovonovski, and Threeormore, they can have 'em.

Versteeg and Upshall in Miami would be effin' lol if I weren't genuinely concerned that Steeger will wake up one morning in Bimini with no way to get back home.

Still laughing now?

Well, we certainly are. :grin:

Guess it didn't work.

Yes we drafted him. He bolted for the KHL and now I guess hes back.

He was also claimed on reentry waivers by Pittsburgh, then waived and reclaimed by Washington in 2009.

I know that I'm going to sound like a homer here, but with the addition of Richards I believe that the Rangers are a top 4 team in the East, and should win one or two playoff series. Richards should make everyone around him better, especially Gaborik, and if he has a big season I would watch out. Once again I know I sound like a homer, but this is the first year in a while that I actually feel this way.

Archived