NHL OFFSEASON - 2011

charger77

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fedotenko re-signs with NYR.

Leafs are the only Eastern Conference team not to sign anyone today.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I can't imagine Tampa Bay won't be able to resign Stamkos. Putting aside how devastating that would be to the team and to the fanbase, I would imagine Steve Yzerman would move Heaven and Earth just to keep the kid there unless someone seriously overpays for Stamkos. Like an Alex Rodriguez mega-deal that's honestly too good to passup.

I'm honestly not surprised with Brad Richards turning down Tampa Bay though. It seemed he was sick of playing for the sunbelt teams and wants to go someplace like Toronto, Philadelphia, Detroit, even a Vancouver where it's a good market, or he has a real chance at winning the Stanley Cup.

Calgary is still in the Richards sweepstakes, for some god awful reason. Feaster not even two months on the job and your already making an impact. Some good and some bad.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I can't imagine Tampa Bay won't be able to resign Stamkos. Putting aside how devastating that would be to the team and to the fanbase, I would imagine Steve Yzerman would move Heaven and Earth just to keep the kid there unless someone seriously overpays for Stamkos. Like an Alex Rodriguez mega-deal that's honestly too good to passup.

I'm honestly not surprised with Brad Richards turning down Tampa Bay though. It seemed he was sick of playing for the sunbelt teams and wants to go someplace like Toronto, Philadelphia, Detroit, even a Vancouver where it's a good market, or he has a real chance at winning the Stanley Cup.

Brad Richards still keeps his home in Tampa, so playing in Tampa again wasn't that far-fetched of an idea.

So the Nucks dump torres but keep salo? WTF are you smoking gillis?

That Torres was invisible for the majority of the regular season?

I'd rather have him than salo who only plays like 20 games per season due to injury.

Salo's salary doesn't count when he's hurt, so its not really an issue.

Contrary to popular belief, Calgary has cap space for Richards. Getting rid of Regher and Kotalik did it.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I laugh at anyone who thinks Brad Richards will sign with Toronto or the Rangers. Toronto is at least another year away from the playoffs and at least 4 years from being contenders for the Cup, if their young talent pans out. Richards isn't going to wait that long. The Rangers are not an option at all. For as much money as the Rangers think they can throw at Brad Richards, he's not dumb enough to go to a team that over-pays for average talent that will completely flop year in and year out. New York management has no understanding of hockey talent or what makes a good hockey team. They just go out and pay for talented players or flashes in the pan. Him signing in Tampa, LA, Philly, Buffalo or another good organization, I can see. I just don't see Toronto or New York. I watched TSN's coverage of Free Agency and busted up laughing as they guaranteed Richards signing in New York. Do these guys not watch the game, do they not see the horrible set of talent and over-payed players in New York? What top-notch talent would want to go to that screwed up team?

The Flames are now number two behind the Rangers passing LA and Toronto. Now we know why the second round pick was included in the Kotalik part of the trade to Buffalo. I'm excited, even though it will leave our defense bone dry, only to be fixed by trades as the remaining defensive cupboard is pretty much crap.

EDIT: Iginla seems to be the main catalyst in pursing Richards, called Richards earlier today. Also it's Jarome's 34th Birthday. I couldn't think of a better birthday gift. Finally a number one centre. Probably not going to get him, but it's nice to see the Flames won't die off into irrelevance for 5 years.

idk why the jets (2.0) didn't go after someone (richards or versteeg etc...) with all that cap room (like 25Mill or somethig)

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

idk why the jets (2.0) didn't go after someone (richards or versteeg etc...) with all that cap room (like 25Mill or somethig)

Cheveldayoff wants to build through the draft, but agreed you think they would at least have thrown an offer sheet at Keith Yandle or Ryan Callahan. A lot of head scratching around Winnipeg i'm sure.

yeah I think Callahan would have been a good winger to fill in the hole at left wing.

bjays.jpg

Active Teams

Signing Bogosian, Ladd, and Wheeler should put them up there.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The Jets need to spend a little just to get to the floor now don't they? I guess re-signing their RFA's might do it.

I think they do but signing Ladd & Wheeler should do get them to the floor

bjays.jpg

Active Teams

Archived