MLB Realignment

TBGKon

Or, in the case of the Astros, 2005, even? The Brewers were really the only team that could pull off the league switch, their 1982 pennant notwithstanding, because Milwaukee was a National League town first and best. We shouldn't monkey around with anybody else.

Precisely! I have no qualms if Milwaukee reverts back to the AL.

He's saying Milwaukee should NOT go back to the AL.

And I am not worried if the Brewers happen to switch again.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think McCall is on to something, let us scrap the Farm System or at least make them eligable for the draft the next year, so only draft what you think could work for you in the MLB and make the Farm teams have their own draft from the scraps. But to make that work, we would have to shorten the draft to a number I a currently calculating

That is absolutely not what I meant and is simply stupid.

I think McCall is on to something, let us scrap the Farm System or at least make them eligable for the draft the next year, so only draft what you think could work for you in the MLB and make the Farm teams have their own draft from the scraps. But to make that work, we would have to shorten the draft to a number I a currently calculating

That is absolutely not what I meant and is simply stupid.

:lol:

That's great. Jahgee, can you and your trolling ways just leave? Please?

6fQjS3M.png

Or, in the case of the Astros, 2005, even? The Brewers were really the only team that could pull off the league switch, their 1982 pennant notwithstanding, because Milwaukee was a National League town first and best. We shouldn't monkey around with anybody else.

Technically, we were in the AL first... hell, the whole damn League was born here! But overall, you're right. Aside from the '82 season and Robin Yount's 3,000th hit, all of Milwaukee's significant baseball history happened in the NL. It's where the Brewers belong.

Promotion/relegation is infrastructurally impossible. Minor-league parks aren't built for major-league crowds.

And don't forget the travel issue. Minor League budgets are designed to fit what amounts to regional leagues that can be traveled to by bus. A lot. You can't just dump a major league travel schedule on them.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

There are four or five AHL teams that could reasonably be promoted to the NHL, but then they'd go right back down again when faced with the rigors of making and spending big league money. As you may have guessed, your Peoria is not one of these teams, nor is "my" Rockford.

There are zero baseball teams that could do this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think McCall is on to something, let us scrap the Farm System or at least make them eligable for the draft the next year, so only draft what you think could work for you in the MLB and make the Farm teams have their own draft from the scraps. But to make that work, we would have to shorten the draft to a number I am currently calculating

I have calculated it to 5 rounds or 6 if you want to go to a 45 man roster, this would go for each league as well

Signature.png

TrophyCase-1.png

It's still blindingly stupid and you're still trolling.

He's not really trolling, he's just stupid. Trolling is when you want to piss people off on purpose, I don't think he's doing that, he's just immature.

I enjoyed that month, too bad it's over. <_<

It's still blindingly stupid and you're still trolling.

He's not really trolling, he's just stupid. Trolling is when you want to piss people off on purpose, I don't think he's doing that, he's just immature.

I enjoyed that month, too bad it's over. <_<

Just put him on ignore then. Once I see his name, I simply scroll down and avoid the headache, it's not that hard to do.

Now, Jim Bowden has his own idea...geographic realignment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-office/post/_/id/363/mlb-needs-geographic-realignment

I like it! Tigers and Reds battling for playoffs sounds good. Honestly, I don't care what they do as long as it helps my Tigers. :P Beat that Biased opinion.

You do realize that historically, the Tigers are pretty much the least successful team out of those five, right? Yes maybe this year the Tigers would have a great shot at the playoffs, but that doesn't matter at all seing as how this is for the future. The Pirates, Indians, and Reds are all on the up right now, and with the exception of the early part of this season, the Twins are good year in and year out. I think it'd be a pretty competitive division, the Tigers wouldn't be running away with it every year.

As for the whole realignment thing, I am opposed. I love the way the schedule and divisions work right now. It's something that none of the other leagues have. The playoff spots are hard to come by, interleague play is intriguing, and it leaves a little bit of wonderment for the World Series if the teams haven't faced each other earlier in the year.

Twins.pngGoldenGophers.png

Now, Jim Bowden has his own idea...geographic realignment:

http://espn.go.com/blog/the-gms-office/post/_/id/363/mlb-needs-geographic-realignment

I like it! Tigers and Reds battling for playoffs sounds good. Honestly, I don't care what they do as long as it helps my Tigers. :P Beat that Biased opinion.

You do realize that historically, the Tigers are pretty much the least successful team out of those five, right? Yes maybe this year the Tigers would have a great shot at the playoffs, but that doesn't matter at all seing as how this is for the future. The Pirates, Indians, and Reds are all on the up right now, and with the exception of the early part of this season, the Twins are good year in and year out. I think it'd be a pretty competitive division, the Tigers wouldn't be running away with it every year.

As for the whole realignment thing, I am opposed. I love the way the schedule and divisions work right now. It's something that none of the other leagues have. The playoff spots are hard to come by, interleague play is intriguing, and it leaves a little bit of wonderment for the World Series if the teams haven't faced each other earlier in the year.

Yeah, I meant that it would be a good battle this year and maybe the next. I didn't deny any of the other teams being good in the near future.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

How about an affliation swapping thread? I know they are in year 1 in a 2-year contract, but Toronto mush hate that their AAA team is in Las Vegas.

Next time don't piss off the folks in Syracuse.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

How about an affliation swapping thread? I know they are in year 1 in a 2-year contract, but Toronto mush hate that their AAA team is in Las Vegas.

Next time don't piss off the folks in Syracuse.

From what I've understood is that you can blame that all on JP Riccardi. Things have changed now, so who knows.

How about an affliation swapping thread? I know they are in year 1 in a 2-year contract, but Toronto must hate that their AAA team is in Las Vegas.

They do. And not just because its 2/3rds of the way across the continent, but because LV is known as an awful pitchers park and has some of the worst facilities in AAA. They've been outright skipping their best pitching prospects (Drabek, Stewart) straight from AA to the majors because of how bad that park can mess with a young pitchers development.

They cannot wait to get out of there. I just wish when the game of affliation-musical-chairs stopped a few years ago, they could have scored Buffalo as their IL team rather than Vegas. I think a perfect solution would be for them to buy an IL team (pocket change to Rogers, I'm sure) and place it in Ottawa or Montreal.

How about an affliation swapping thread? I know they are in year 1 in a 2-year contract, but Toronto must hate that their AAA team is in Las Vegas.

They cannot wait to get out of there. I just wish when the game of affliation-musical-chairs stopped a few years ago, they could have scored Buffalo as their IL team rather than Vegas. I think a perfect solution would be for them to buy an IL team (pocket change to Rogers, I'm sure) and place it in Ottawa or Montreal.

I know what you're saying, but I can't think of any IL teams on the block. Ideally, yes Montreal and Ottawa would be great, but I think anywhere in the IL would suffice.

I know what you're saying, but I can't think of any IL teams on the block. Ideally, yes Montreal and Ottawa would be great, but I think anywhere in the IL would suffice.

Ottawa left the IL in part because of poor attendance. I'm not sure going back will help any.

Today, we are all otaku.

How about an affliation swapping thread? I know they are in year 1 in a 2-year contract, but Toronto must hate

that their AAA team is in Las Vegas.

Ottawa left the IL in part because of poor attendance. I'm

not sure going back will help any.

Was their affiliate the Expos in the late 90s or so?

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

How about an affliation swapping thread? I know they are in year 1 in a 2-year contract, but Toronto must hate

that their AAA team is in Las Vegas.

Ottawa left the IL in part because of poor attendance. I'm

not sure going back will help any.

Was their affiliate the Expos in the late 90s or so?

Expos (1993-2002), Orioles (2003-06) and Phillies (2007) then they moved to Allentown.

Archived