International Fútbol Tournaments and World Cup Qualification

AnythingChicago

Saturday should be a great game. They've already announced that the Rose Bowl is sold out for the match. Chicharito has been on fire recently and is "the hottest striker in the world" according to Landon Donovan. Speaking of Donovan, I think he needs to start on Saturday. I understand mixing things up to try and give the team a spark after losing to Panama, but the US clearly plays better when Donovan is on the pitch.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game on Univision and listened to post game interviews. It just me or does Landon Donovon's voice sound much more masculine in Spanish that it does in English?

Landon Donovan speaks Spanish?

I think most of (if not all) of the players on the team speak Spanish.

I watched the game on Univision and listened to post game interviews. It just me or does Landon Donovon's voice sound much more masculine in Spanish that it does in English?

Landon Donovan speaks Spanish?

I think most of (if not all) of the players on the team speak Spanish.

You'd expect it even more from someone who plays in Los Angeles.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Final is tonight I guess.

Yes it T-I-S. Again, I have it on Univision for better effect and commentary.

And i'm sure the commentator just had an aneurysm.

This is an entertaining game, the FSC commentators blow though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

:censored: Mexico and their divetastic bull :censored:, but our defense has been ATROCIOUS. This is disgusting. I want Bradley's head on a stick if we don't win this.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Also, cut Bornstein. There's no way he's one of the best players in the US. Surely there's someone better. Get him the :censored: out of here.

:censored: Mexico and their divetastic bull :censored:, but our defense has been ATROCIOUS. This is disgusting. I want Bradley's head on a stick if we don't win this.

I hate to say it Kevin, but US Soccer is like AZ Wildcat football. Shows lots of potential, but ultimately disappoints.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I hate to say it Kevin, but US Soccer is like AZ Wildcat football. Shows lots of potential, but ultimately disappoints.

You just made me do a spit take.

Ouch...

Watching this game just proves how far the US is actually away from contending on a grand stage. (Granted still tons of time left in this game) but Mexico at best is a Round of 16 team on the World stage. ESPN builds the Americans up way to high.Awesome, you're in the Gold Cup final!

It all stems from the good 2009 Confederations Cup run. I mean yeah the USA is easily a Top 30 nation in the World, but still so many flaws and if that's Bob Bradley's fault so be it, but what was Bruce Arena's excuse?

Fire Bob Bradley.

Tim Howard sucks.

Howard gets way too flustered to be a keeper on this big of stage. There's Everton and there's the National Team. I laughed watching him last summer and same this summer.

Howard is the best keeper the USA has, and he is damn good. Yeah hes frustrated the team in front of him is playing like :censored:.

Also, I echo Kevins sentiments. We should be able to beat Mexico. Unfortunately, they will not fire Bradley.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

He's a fine club keeper in the best league in the world and he shows up against the littlest of nations in International play. But really he fails to impress against the likes of Mexico who yes are getting better, but not a world power by the least. You can't hang this all on Tim though the fourth goal was him trying to make something out of nothing and dos Santos did something Howard didn't do, stay patient.

Howard's trying, the squad in front of him just isn't that good.

Archived