International Fútbol Tournaments and World Cup Qualification

AnythingChicago

Agreed fully, TFoA. We need a coach that will get us to the point of 7 wins and 7 clean sheets in the World Cup. Anything less MUST be viewed as a disappointment.

Oh gawd :wacko:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed fully, TFoA. We need a coach that will get us to the point of 7 wins and 7 clean sheets in the World Cup. Anything less MUST be viewed as a disappointment.

Oh gawd :wacko:

Are you trying to be unpatriotic?

If you don't set your goals high, then what chance do you have of improving? I want the US national team to get to the point where they win every game and keep a clean sheet. Until they get to that point, they disappoint.

LvZYtbZ.png

Going off topic for a bit, River Plate has just been regulated out of the first division in Argentina as they draw against newly promoted Belgrano 1-1 today and lose 3-1 on aggregate in their Regulation Playoff so no more Superclasico with Boca Juniors next year.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Wait, THE River Plate got relegated?! Just another reminder that anybody in football (who plays in a relegation/promotion system) is just one bad season away (or in River Plate's case, a few since they take your three year average into account when it's relegation playoff time) from going down. Wow.

Wait, THE River Plate got relegated?! Just another reminder that anybody in football (who plays in a relegation/promotion system) is just one bad season away (or in River Plate's case, a few since they take your three year average into account when it's relegation playoff time) from going down. Wow.

Yes THE River Plate, Boca Juniors fans have mixed feelings right now...

EDIT: The Riots in Vancouver will look like a skirmish in comparison when the riots start in Buenos Aires....

Also they used the 3 year average for regulation/ promotion because of Racing got regulated in the 80s to prevent the top clubs in Argentina from being regulated...Wow.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Really? So Spain should be disappointed?

You're a moron.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

On the 2013 Confederations Cup front, Mexico (and Costa Rica) should be heading down to Argentina for the 2011 Copa América. The winner will move on to the Confederations Cup in 2013. Since Brazil is hosting the Confederations Cup, the highest finishing team that is not Mexico or Costa Rica will advance to the 2013 FIFA World Cup "test run". So, basically, this tournament is an overly complictated induction of Argentina into the upcoming Confederations Cup.

Also, 2014 World Cup qualification kicks off this Wednesday, June 29, with some first round AFC action (as if any of those teams will actually qualify for the World Cup).

25yzwqg.png

Oh Tim, just stay quiet.

“CONCACAF should be ashamed of themselves, I think it is a f***ing disgrace the entire postmatch ceremony was in Spanish. You could bet your a** if this was Mexico City, [even if we won], the ceremony wouldn’t be all in English.”

I think he has a valid point. It was basically a home match for Mexico, when the USA should have had a clear home field advantage.

Sorry about two posts in a row...

25yzwqg.png

Oh Tim, just stay quiet.

?CONCACAF should be ashamed of themselves, I think it is a f***ing disgrace the entire postmatch ceremony was in Spanish. You could bet your a** if this was Mexico City, [even if we won], the ceremony wouldn?t be all in English.?

I think he has a valid point. It was basically a home match for Mexico, when the USA should have had a clear home field advantage.

Easy way to settle one part. US fans need to buy more tickets.

Really? So Spain should be disappointed?

You're a moron.

'willmorris' is just getting into his overly hyperbolic board character as NCAA football season is just around the corner.

Oh Tim, just stay quiet.

?CONCACAF should be ashamed of themselves, I think it is a f***ing disgrace the entire postmatch ceremony was in Spanish. You could bet your a** if this was Mexico City, [even if we won], the ceremony wouldn?t be all in English.?

Easy way to settle one part. US fans need to buy more tickets.

That was a pretty sad sight for US soccer. The United States had no home field advantage in that game

Keep in mind that while it was played in the US, it was not run by US Soccer; it was run by CONCACAF.

CONCACAF needs to do more to balance the crowds, then. I can understand HFA for smaller matches, but for the Gold Cup final, one team should not have 80+% of the crowd in their corner.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Keep in mind that while it was played in the US, it was not run by US Soccer; it was run by CONCACAF.

CONCACAF needs to do more to balance the crowds, then. I can understand HFA for smaller matches, but for the Gold Cup final, one team should not have 80+% of the crowd in their corner.

Doesn't "The Market" allow those who have money to buy tickets allowed to get seats to the finals? Plus most seats at the rose Bowl are bench seats and we know that white/black people have a bigger 'expectation' for a nearly $100 ticket. They want a SEAT! The Super Bowl fiasco proved that the littles want a seat with a chair back in the USA.

Doesn't "The Market" allow those who have money to buy tickets allowed to get seats to the finals? Plus most seats at the rose Bowl are bench seats and we know that white/black people have a bigger 'expectation' for a nearly $100 ticket. They want a SEAT! The Super Bowl fiasco proved that the littles want a seat with a chair back in the USA.

What the :censored:? Seriously?

I don't have a big issue with the crowd being mostly Mexicans. Heck, Canada has to put up with this :censored: as well. If this was a Canada-US hockey final in Minnesota and the majority of the crowd were cheering for Canada, would that be such a big issue?

I saw, I came, I left.

I don't have a big issue with the crowd being mostly Mexicans. Heck, Canada has to put up with this :censored: as well. If this was a Canada-US hockey final in Minnesota and the majority of the crowd were cheering for Canada, would that be such a big issue?

No Canadians are more polite.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The USA won the ability to host the event. If the final was sold out to those who are Mexican, that is not the issue of the conference. Sold out is Sold out.

Except when they lose the Stanley Cup

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I know this is a 'Canadiens are really nice' stereotype joke, but I just want to say that I went to the Gold Cup semifinals two years ago and the Mexican fans were some of the nicest I've seen at a sporting event. Granted the US played in the first match and Mexico afterwards, but the Mexican fans were all really nice talking to us and even helping us out with some of the Spanish cheers.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived