Another Mets concept

kevinmets

I know I've done Mets concepts on this board before. But I've been working on this one for a while, I think I've finally nailed it.

awesomemetsconcept.jpg

I want the Mets to use orange more than they have in the past (a la the Knicks), but still keep blue as the primary color. The alternate cap on the home jersey is because two-colored interlocking letters are awesome (a la the Twins and the 90s Padres). The road script is from the incredibly underrated 1987 road uniforms (seriously, why did they replace those with an exact duplicate of the Yankees roads in 1988? But I digress). The home alternate uniform could also be used as a batting practice uniform, I guess. I actually used to own that orange cap (they no longer make a fitted version of it, unfortunately mine got ruined).

This looks like it belongs in 80's. All they need to do is ditch all the black, drop shadows included, either pick the snow whites with the blue piping or the pinstripes as home with the other a home alt, and turn the black alt into a blue alt with orange piping and orange lettering trimmed in white. One hat would go with all jerseys perfectly and then they'd look like the Mets.

This rules. If the Mets switched to this tomorrow, I'd be jumping up and down with joy. Literally. Bravo!

Thank you! Very much appreciated!

This looks like it belongs in 80's. All they need to do is ditch all the black, drop shadows included, either pick the snow whites with the blue piping or the pinstripes as home with the other a home alt, and turn the black alt into a blue alt with orange piping and orange lettering trimmed in white. One hat would go with all jerseys perfectly and then they'd look like the Mets.

What about it looks 80s? The stripes? That's the only thing I can see (although 70s/80s design > current design). I also hate the pinstripes (let the Yankees have 'em), and the piping (just looks outdated to me).

Agreed 1000%

3535rx3.jpg

Agreed 1000%

Again, what about it looks 80s? The stripes?

This is amazing. That road uni could not be any better if it tried honestly. Seriously why did they replace that? Also the home alt is beautiful as well. Overall a very outstanding job on these, as you stated before I think you finally nailed it.

Thanks so much!!

I think if you just tone down the stripping because it seems too thick and colorful. I also think the orange script and numbering on the home and row just need to be swapped with blue. But the home alt. is perfecto, nice job on that!

3535rx3.jpg

Yes the striping looks 80's. That type of design is very decade exact. The piping that they currently use is common and timeless, as is pinstripes and plain uniforms (i.e., Cardinals, A's, Dodgers homes and Cubs and Red Sox roads). Plus the Orange letters just don't work for the Mets. And a light colored hat on top of a dark colored jersey does not look good either. The Royals tried it with the blue hat and black jersey in 2007 and it didn't work. I believe they wore them twice and never wore the jersey again. Dark cap over light jersey looks fine, but not reversed.

Yes the striping looks 80's. That type of design is very decade exact. The piping that they currently use is common and timeless, as is pinstripes and plain uniforms (i.e., Cardinals, A's, Dodgers homes and Cubs and Red Sox roads).

I'm aware this is solely an opinion kind of thing, but I feel like the thin piping is dated. It seems very late-90s to me. As far as pinstripes go, there is no reason for the Mets to have anything in common with the Yankees or Phillies.

And a light colored hat on top of a dark colored jersey does not look good either. The Royals tried it with the blue hat and black jersey in 2007 and it didn't work. I believe they wore them twice and never wore the jersey again. Dark cap over light jersey looks fine, but not reversed.

You really think this looks better than my concept?

I personally never liked the skyline logo, so it's kind of a set back for the uniforms, but beautiful work. It gives off a very clean 60's look which makes the Mets look great. What I always envisioned to make the Mets look good.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

The orange cap just looks a little goofy to me paired with the blue alternate. The Mets are a corny organization but I don't think that combo works too well. I also think the orange billed cap would probably compliment the road jersey well.

Tf9TG.jpg

if you did that white-N orange-Y on a completely blue cap, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• 3 weeks later...

How did I not see this when it was first posted? -Well anyways, great concept! Funny, I was just thinking today, wouldn't the Mets look so much better with an orange wordmark instead of blue.

The only change that I would make is add a little more blue to the orange cap. I think that it needs either a blue brim or crown, however the all-orange cap could definetly be pulled off with either their home or road jerseys

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

This concept is great, especially the orange hat. The away jersey also looks amazing. Definitely better than what they have now.

Woah! You think I'm Cody? My name is Carl Scott Simone and we just happen to share a birthday. BIG DEAL.

Archived