2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great clock management by McCarthy. Packers didn't score that drive but they ground the clock down. Now the Saints need two scores in 5:35. Just don't let Brees get the ball anywhere near Sproles...

CCSLC signature.png

But a huge red-zone stand turns the Saints away with nothing!

That stupid call on 3rd and one on that drive cost the Saints any real shot at winning this game. Anyway, pretty good game to start the season. Both offenses look pretty good.

BB52Big.jpg

Seriously this defense will be fine. They were playing the New Orleans Saints, and yeah i'm going to break out the lack of training camp excuse. Green Bay's defense showed up when they needed to, and in the end that's all that matters. We're 1-0. They won't be the only defense this week that isn't perfect.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Packers are the greatest team on earth. They're the greatest team in the history of professional sports. All other teams should be liquidated, as their importance in the grand scheme of athletic competition is microscopic in comparison to the excellence and glory that is the Green Bay Packers.

They will be undefeated for the next 30 millennia, and the games themselves need not be played as the outcome has already been determined. So it is written, so it shall be done. All hail green bay. ALL HAIL

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Seriously this defense will be fine. They were playing the New Orleans Saints, and yeah i'm going to break out the lack of training camp excuse.

If I'm a Packers fan, I'm not sweating the defense at all. You're right, they were playing the New Orleans Saints. Last I checked, the Saints are pretty good too. Now if the Panthers hang 34 on the Pack next week, it's time to start worrying; a lot. :D

BB52Big.jpg

What about that PI call at end? Bad call IMO.

I thought it was the right call. Hawk did come right over him and parts of him went through him. Regardless, it was a great game to begin the season. Packers look scary good on offense and I wouldn't be concerned about their D as well. That was the Saints they just played, with Drew Brees at the helm, and they are a great passing team. What baffles me the most is why line up in a goal-line formation, and attempt to run the ball when it wasn't working all game. Would have been better to go four-men wide, then either hand it off to Sproles, or do what the Saints do best: throw the football. Baffling decision there at the end.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Seriously this defense will be fine. They were playing the New Orleans Saints, and yeah i'm going to break out the lack of training camp excuse.

If I'm a Packers fan, I'm not sweating the defense at all. You're right, they were playing the New Orleans Saints. Last I checked, the Saints are pretty good too. Now if the Panthers hang 34 on the Pack next week, it's time to start worrying; a lot. :D

It's not the Panthers I'm worried about; it's teams later on the schedule that have powerful offenses and/or versatile backfield threats. I'd rather not see them get into track meets like this every week.

CCSLC signature.png

Meh, they won't go unbeaten in the NFC North, much less the whole schedule. If Sproles can tear their run defense apart like that, Adrian Peterson sure as hell can.

Except Sproles didn't tear apart their run defense. He had 2 carries for 7 yards. He did his damage in the short passing game (and special teams).

Archived