2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

So Houston's winning the AFC South, correct?

I boldly predicted Tennessee would come from out of nowhere to win that division. I stand by that.

(And am also concurrently researching delicious crow recipes in case that prediction ends up going belly-up.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ IF that happens, then bold prediction: David Garrard suits up for the Colts this season.

Wouldn't be the first time the Colts took a flyer on a former Jaguars QB...though I don't expect anyone to know a/ who Quinn Gray even was, or that b/ he was signed by the Colts after the Jags let him go several seasons ago--when, it should be noted, he was listed on the Jags' QB depth chart behind...wait for it...David Garrard.

I remember Quinn Gray! :P I even got to see him play at the Hall of Fame Game a couple years back... I used to be a Colts fan. <_<

6fQjS3M.png

If the Texans fail this year Gary Kubiak will go down as one of the worst coaches ever.

Then he's going down as one of the worst coaches ever. Frankly, I don't know why the media, et al seem to think the Texans are going to "break through" every year. That team is stuck in the dreaded "middle." They're never good enough to make the playoffs, but they're never bad enough to get the draft picks they need to get good. This season will be no different than all the others. Houston will once again deliver another frustrating (for their fans) between 6 and 9 wins masterpiece. Well, all that, and they still don't have a very good defense.

BB52Big.jpg

If the Texans fail this year Gary Kubiak will go down as one of the worst coaches ever.

Then he's going down as one of the worst coaches ever. Frankly, I don't know why the media, et al seem to think the Texans are going to "break through" every year. That team is stuck in the dreaded "middle." They're never good enough to make the playoffs, but they're never bad enough to get the draft picks they need to get good. This season will be no different than all the others. Houston will once again deliver another frustrating (for their fans) between 6 and 9 wins masterpiece. Well, all that, and they still don't have a very good defense.

9 wins may be enough. That entire division looks to be staring down the barrel of sheer wastelanddom.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

9 wins may be enough. That entire division looks to be staring down the barrel of sheer wastelanddom.

If 9 wins is what it takes to win the AFC South, you can bet the farm that Houston will win 7. :D

Buc made an interesting "out of nowhere" pick with the Titans. After reading his post, I took a look at Tennessee's schedule. I saw 9 games that I thought the Titans would be favored to win. Add in the one or two "shouldn't have won but did" wins every decent team pulls off each season, and all of a sudden the Titans could be looking at a 10 or 11 win season. I'm not saying they're going to do that, but as Buc pointed out, they are set up nicely for an "out of nowhere" season.

BB52Big.jpg

The NFL and ESPN have come to an agreement on extending their contract

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/the-new-espn-nfl-deal-what-it-really-means/

Although it's good to have the options of mobile devices and internet in there, more NFL coverage on Sportscenter and the like? Because spending 35 minutes on football in the heart of baseball season in the end of June wasn't enough?

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Sorry if this isn't the right spot to ask this but, in my Yahoo Fantasy Football league I have James Starks (RB, Packers) on my bench, if I start him for tonight's game (Thursday) will I be able to replace Starks with regular starter (Maurice Jones-Drew) for the games on Sunday? My best guess is no, but I just want to make sure.

Sorry if this isn't the right spot to ask this but, in my Yahoo Fantasy Football league I have James Starks (RB, Packers) on my bench, if I start him for tonight's game (Thursday) will I be able to replace Starks with regular starter (Maurice Jones-Drew) for the games on Sunday? My best guess is no, but I just want to make sure.

Nope. Once they play, they're locked in.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Yeah, Peyton's not going to be back for a while. According to Michael Lombardi, he underwent a third neck surgery this morning.

IR destined? David Garrard's new home?

EDIT: Now with link. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/08/manning-undergoes-cervical-fusion-surgery-out-2-3-months/

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

In no way is this meant to be a personal attack, you just happened to have asked about it and I just happened to see it, but it must always be said...

Nobody cares about your fantasy team.

:P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here's a rule change, a great one, that I wasn't aware of until I read it a minute ago. Incidental contact with a QB's head will no longer result in roughing the passer.

===

Roughing the passer rules have been clarified so hits to the head of a passer by an opponent's hands, arms, or other parts of the body will not result in fouls unless they are forcible blows.

===

Makes sense.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

It'll make more sense once they pull the virtual tutus off the QBs and stop treating them like they're made of glass.

/former defensive back speaking here.

In no way is this meant to be a personal attack, you just happened to have asked about it and I just happened to see it, but it must always be said...

Welcome back (not so) big homie (anymore)!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Jigga? Is that really you? Where the hell you been? :P

BB52Big.jpg

'Preciate it. I hope all is good on the roads, man! Dropping 44 pounds was no joke, but it was very, very necessary.

I took a little break for a while, went back to lurk mode. I wasn't exactly pleased with the climate here...but when I heard Sharkie got the boot, the climate got much nicer. :)

Oh, and welcome back to you as well.

---------------

I'm glad they've got this uncertainty cleared up with Peyton Manning and everyone can move on, but the words "cervical fusion" would certainly scare the piss out of me.

I wonder if Irsay and Polian are regretting that big ass $30-some million guaranteed money contract at all.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

'Preciate it. I hope all is good on the roads, man! Dropping 44 pounds was no joke, but it was very, very necessary.

I took a little break for a while, went back to lurk mode. I wasn't exactly pleased with the climate here...but when I heard Sharkie got the boot, the climate got much nicer. :)

Oh, and welcome back to you as well.

I have no comment on any of the recent administrative actions. B) But I think I understand where you're coming from. Anyway, it's really good to see you back amongst us.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived