2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

And I can say with about 95% confidence that the Lions wont get one against the Bears this year.

This makes me laugh. Good luck coming here on our first Monday Night Football game in 10 years. Did you see how amped the Lions were for the Patriots preseason game... I would be shocked if Cutler leaves town in one piece.

EDIT: I can also guarantee that the crowd will be comparable to the New Orleans-MNF game the year after Katrina, especially if the Lions get off to a good start.

Hey now... :D

If it's even close you'll be in good shape. My first Saints game was in 1969 and that Monday Nighter was the loudest I've ever heard a crowd anywhere. When Steve Gleason blocked that punt...unbelievable.

Here you go, Cujo:

steve-gleasonjpg-83854b7df81737ef_large.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I'm not about the Lions being Super Bowl-bound or playoff bound just yet. Beyond Matthew Stafford's health, their secondary is still questionable at best, but I will give this to the Lions... they did win four-straight with Shaun Hill at quarterback, so I won't write them off, even if Matthew Stafford goes down. Detroit and Tampa Bay, those are definitely up-and-coming teams who should be good for years to come. But if I had to say which team will come out of nowhere and qualify for the playoffs it would be the Texans. Wade Phillips is a solid defensive coordinator and Indianapolis' best years look to be behind them. Arizona and St. Louis would be the other team to come out of nowhere, simply because they play in the NFL's junior-varsity division, and well, they both seem to be the least crappy of all four teams.

My pick for the out-of-nowhere team to surprise and contend this year: the Tennessee Titans. Why? Because to come from out of nowhere, well...it has to be a team no one sees coming. Houston gets mentioned as that "surprise team" every season, so that won't be a surprise. Nothing that comes out of the NFC West should surprise anyone. The Lions have and will get all kinds of attention this season, same as Tampa Bay. As was previously mentioned, the Colts seem to be on a downward trend...though with #18 behind center, they can never be counted out (seriously, and he proved this last season, Peyton Manning's good for at least six wins by himself). Jacksonville's maddingly inconsistent, has been and will be this season...plus, this season may as well be David Garrard's swan song campaign, as well. This is why I'm throwing out my off-the-dome surprise pick for the Titans this season. If they can play their way to the top of their division, they'll get in the 'offs come postseason.

(And if I'm wrong, I'll be eating grilled crow come February. :P )

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure what to think of the Bears signing Meriweather. Leaning towards dislike, at the moment.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Sad day for Buccaneer Nation.

R.I.P. #63.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I'm not sure what to think of the Bears signing Meriweather. Leaning towards dislike, at the moment.

Really? He's another body at a position they need, which I am more than okay with. And a 2-time pro-bowler? I'll take it

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Sad day for Buccaneer Nation.

R.I.P. #63.

This caught me by surprise when I saw it on MSN today.

The guy has been through everything with Tampa Bay. First guy ever taken by the Bucs in the draft, he was involved in both the winless '76 campaign and the '79 campaign in which Tampa Bay reached the NFC Championship Game.

Bless his heart for what he did on the field for those Creamsicles.

I'm pretty amped about the opener. Wondering whether Green Bay will have less of a SB hangover because of their relatively mild off-season. To my knowledge, there wasn't such a non-stop celebration and Aaron Rodgers and others were not tied up in commercials and Madden shoots and USO tours and whatever else Brees and co. were up to.

A key for the Saints this year is whether Brees continues to be the turnover machine he became last season with 22 picks and some lost fumbles. He tries too hard a lot of times and it backfires.

No predictions for me, and winning or losing Thursday won't make or break their season. With that said, beating the Pack at home sure would be a great way to start.

As for my other favorite team this week, i.e. whoever is playing the Falcons, I'll just say...

beardown.JPG

:D

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Jay Glazer

I'm reporting the Jaguars today have informed starting QB David Garrard they are releasing him! Luke McKown will start opener! Shocker!!!

Doesn't shock me at all, this was predictable. They released Byron Leftwich right before Week 1.

Not a shocker -- but Luke McClown!? Umm, Blaine Gabbert, anyone? :blink:

6uXNWAo.png

Alright this is probably the dumbest thing I have seen all offseason.

David Garrard is a solid QB, nothing special but at least he can give the Jags a better chance to win. I'd be okay with Gabbert starting, Garrard backing him up then McCown, but cutting Garrard, and starting Luke McCown. Not a smart move.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Alright this is probably the dumbest thing I have seen all offseason.

David Garrard is a solid QB, nothing special but at least he can give the Jags a better chance to win. I'd be okay with Gabbert starting, Garrard backing him up then McCown, but cutting Garrard, and starting Luke McCown. Not a smart move.

It's got nothing to do with wins and losses. This is purely a money thing. Saves the Jags $9M by cutting Garrard. They're gonna be lucky to win 1 game with McCown at the helm.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived