2011 NFL Season

TBGKon

Terrelle Pryor scored a 7 on is Wonderlic. If you remember back Vince Young got 6.

I mean Wonderlic really doesn't tell the whole story on a player's ability to play, but still 7?

Its not that huge of a deal as people think it is.

If I were a scout or a GM I could really care less what the guy scored. Flat out talent is by far the most important factor in measuring how good a player is. I don't care whether or not he knows what the atomic number of Niobium is.

I much rather have a taped interview to go on then some standardized test. Anything I would want to know about the guy personality and intellegence wise I could find out with that and be much more accurate about it as well. That I would actualy put alot of weight on if I were a scout or GM.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care whether or not he knows what the atomic number of Niobium is.

That's not really what the Wonderlic measures. And no, there's no perfect correlation between Wonderlic score and performance--Dan Marino is evidently a functional retard but a great quarterback, Ryan Fitzpatrick is a quick thinker and average quarterback--but a single-digit score is kind of worrisome.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Peter King's prediction is that the Falcons will make the playoffs as a wild-card, then win at St. Louis, at Lambeau, and at New Orleans to reach the Super Bowl. Well, if they do that, even I'll have to admit they earned it. B)

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Peter King's prediction is that the Falcons will make the playoffs as a wild-card, then win at St. Louis, at Lambeau, and at New Orleans to reach the Super Bowl. Well, if they do that, even I'll have to admit they earned it. B)

So what's the win total for the Rams? 6? I can totally see the rest of the division tripping over their own dicks so effectively that even the Rams' best efforts to throw away the division are in vain.

/Seriously expects Bradford to be ordered to pull an Aaron Brooks in at least one late season game.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

So what's the win total for the Rams? 6? I can totally see the rest of the division tripping over their own dicks so effectively that even the Rams' best efforts to throw away the division are in vain.

/Seriously expects Bradford to be ordered to pull an Aaron Brooks in at least one late season game.

1. He's got 'em winning the West at 9-7.

2. I don't know what that means.

On another note, check out this scan of a fantastic pic from 1964 featured in this week's SI issue. It's from photographer Neil Leifer's new book Guts and Glory: The Golden Age of American Football, 1958-78. It's already on my gift-suggestions-to-spouse-for-the-very-next-holiday-occasion list. :D

6103419692_41c287f5cf_z.jpg

Here are a couple more of his I found online. I'm going to enjoy that book.

FOOTBALL.jpg

Winning TD in "The Greatest Game Ever Played." This pic is dripping with that game's ambience and drama. Beautiful.

b90.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHIFLNWZBfA

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm surprised you didn't catch that reference, BlueSky. I'd expect you to have at least five high-resolution photos of that play in your post. :P

I'd managed to block that one from memory. Brooks is a sad tale. Guy had all the tools...except the commitment and work ethic. As for pics, I hate to disappoint so here's one that's apropos. B)

576448_f260.jpg

I miss those Chargers uniforms, Tim Dwight was one fast white dude, and listening to him call Reds games on FSO every day, it's always weird hearing Thom Brennaman doing football games.

Carson Palmer could be back in Cincy soon as next week.

Why? Andy Dalton has looked better every game. He'll make rookie mistakes this year, but anyone who watched Carson Palmer in 2010 will tell you that he made a truckload of rookie mistakes last year.

My analysis of the Bengals now that their preseason is over is that they'll be a bad team, but they're not going to be the historically bad 0-16 team that a lot of (dumb) people are predicting. Their schedule is fairly easy and it'll benefit them at least 3 wins. They'll probably steal a couple along the way. I'm predicting a 5-11 season.

The defense is a pretty good unit and they will keep them in a lot of games, but they will ultimately have to spend too much time on the field and will lose games late thanks to fatigue. The Bengals will play in and lose a lot of low scoring close games.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I miss those Chargers uniforms,

I don't. They were missing an integral element that any truly great Chargers uniform needs: powder blue. Plus, Ryan Leaf wore them.

For all of the current set's imperfections, I truly believe this is the best uniform in the league:

Philip-Rivers-Chargers-v-Patriots_1312074.jpg

Tim Dwight was one fast white dude,

THIS. Just look at his college days:

(Why did Iowa ever get rid of the Tim Dwight-era uniforms? Sure beats looking exactly like the Steelers!)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That was one speedy little bastard, wasn't he? I miss watching that guy fly down the field with reckless abandon.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Has anybody heard how NBC is going to handle Obama's speech with the NFL Kickoff game?

The White House claims that the speech will end before kickoff. The Green Bay NBC affiliate will not air the speech. Since the kickoff is at 8:30 Eastern and other networks are carrying it, does it really matter as he sill start around 7? There are numerous other options for such a speech for a viewer to see it.

Has anybody heard how NBC is going to handle Obama's speech with the NFL Kickoff game?

The White House claims that the speech will end before kickoff. The Green Bay NBC affiliate will not air the speech. Since the kickoff is at 8:30 Eastern and other networks are carrying it, does it really matter as he sill start around 7? There are numerous other options for such a speech for a viewer to see it.

Obama's speech certainly beats the crap out of suffering through a pregame show with blabbering Chris Berman.....

Archived