College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank G-d.

Ditto.

I would burn down Adidas headquarters if that ever hit the field.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

but there is so much more to design and branding than looking pretty.

To a degree, but you definitely don't want to overthink it, either. I think that's clearly what creates a lot of these horrendous uniforms. Not only do they not function, but they're ugly as well. A lose-lose.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Boise State is wearing orange pants with the jerseys they wore against Georgia. Sadly, the helmets are the normal wordmarked ones.

Toledo is still wearing those hideous jerseys with the huge number/NOB.

Tonight is the only time I will ever be rooting for Boise. I actually hope they beat Toledo by 50. It's a joke of a MAC school

Boise State is wearing orange pants with the jerseys they wore against Georgia. Sadly, the helmets are the normal wordmarked ones.

Tonight is the only time I will ever be rooting for Boise. I actually hope they beat Toledo by 50. It's a joke of a MAC school

As opposed to Akron?

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

As opposed to Akron?

Akron is only a farce of a MAC school aside from an all-out joke.

As opposed to Akron?

When was the last time Toledo won a National Championship or made the tourney in basketball? I never said joke of a football team, they played OSwho tough, but as a school they have nothing on us sorry.

As opposed to Akron?

When was the last time Toledo won a National Championship or made the tourney in basketball? I never said joke of a football team, they played OSwho tough, but as a school they have nothing on us sorry.

As a fellow MAC Alum, I went to Ohio, I have to disagree. UT is a decent school for the MAC. There is 1 joke of a MAC School that jumps off the paper and that's Eastern Michigan. Sadly, not many people take soccer serious, I ill admit, I have never followed college soccer. If I wasn't a die hard MAC fan, and you asked me who the defending National Champ in soccer was, i would have no idea. It's sad but it's true.

x0y5nq.png

And I'd like to point out that, after almost upsetting Ohio State, Toledo isn't exactly laying down against the #4 team in the country. I think they'll run away with the MAC this year.

Agreed, it especially helps when their main competition in the MAC West, Northern Illinois has to make the trip to the Glass Bowl to play this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go 8-0 or 7-1 in conference. I'm definitely happy Ohio doesn't have them in the Regular Season, but I'd be thrilled to play them in the MAC Championship. Plus I think we'd be the run away uniform winner for that game (yes I'm biased)

x0y5nq.png

As opposed to Akron?

Oh for :censored: s sake you don't see me constantly running around singing the praises of the glorious Indiana Hoosiers soccer program and in terms of national titles there isn't a school not named "St. Louis" that is worthy of holding their jocks. So shut up about it already.

Today, we are all otaku.

Plus I think we'd be the run away uniform winner for that game (yes I'm biased)

As an impartial observer, I agree. Ohio would be the uniform winner in a landslide. Seriously, what is up with Toledo's gigantic number and NOB?

Toledo's giant numbers are terrible, not to mention they don't really seem to match the font used on the helmet or anywhere else in the identity. I don't really think OU's uniforms are anything special, kind of boring just UCLA stripes on green jersey is way too generic.

As an impartial observer, I agree. Ohio would be the uniform winner in a landslide. Seriously, what is up with Toledo's gigantic number and NOB?

Toledo's giant numbers are terrible, not to mention they don't really seem to match the font used on the helmet or anywhere else in the identity. I don't really think OU's uniforms are anything special, kind of boring just UCLA stripes on green jersey is way too generic.

I absolutely love our look. Im a big fan of classic looking jerseys and the UCLA stripes, but I understand that not everyone is. And trust me, if you want to see generic, you need to see our jerseys before we switched from Adidas to Russell. Big Improvement.

79857192.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54819E95B9BE83CBE94CBEAEE958467BED23CB025F75C57CD57E30A760B0D811297

x0y5nq.png

I absolutely love our look. Im a big fan of classic looking jerseys and the UCLA stripes, but I understand that not everyone is. And trust me, if you want to see generic, you need to see our jerseys before we switched from Adidas to Russell. Big Improvement.

79857192.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA54819E95B9BE83CBE94CBEAEE958467BED23CB025F75C57CD57E30A760B0D811297

yes I definitely agree that the UCLA stripes are a HUGE improvement. I definitely think the MAC has some of the worst uniforms in the country, Toledo, BG, Kent, and Buffalo. There are plenty of classic looks like OU and Miami that work, but still I'm partial to more modern/unique designs. Akron was supposed to go techfit but I'm guessing our AD realized Coach Ianello won't be around much longer, so might as well let the next regime decide the next design haha

but there is so much more to design and branding than looking pretty.

To a degree, but you definitely don't want to overthink it, either. I think that's clearly what creates a lot of these horrendous uniforms. Not only do they not function, but they're ugly as well. A lose-lose.

i would argue that not enough thought goes into the designs, causing them to suffer. the UK uniform being a good example.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Archived