College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

307239_10150803196035154_216043845153_21121611_509185917_n.jpg

Go Green! Go Gold???

Lame, Nike. Really lame.

I really like this set compared to their normal uniforms. The Gold stands out and is not boring like the standard Green and White.

I really want to hate these...but I just can't. They actually look really good. I also think the Navy and Army jerseys are both stellar as well. I especially love the number font on the Navy jerseys, which I love even more knowing the supposed inspiration behind them.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, I really get excited by the Pro Combat jersey unveilings and actually look forward to them. Even though some of them are remarkably terrible, I can honestly say that most of them are really great. Nice job!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not Kevin W. I'm on your side bud. I was poking fun at this whole Oregon thing, not making a snide remark. You are too quick to think that I was attacking Ice_Cap just because he was in past arguments with other Oregon fans.

I don't care, it still came off as an attack. The argument that you are making fun of is not present right now. So please to put it into play.

All over me? I'm touched :D Thanks spleen, for the defence, but I think BigDmo was just poking fun, and we can all stand to do that from time to time.

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors.

They wore a school colour, not school colours. The green helmets paired with the grey pants and yellow jerseys would have been a much better look.

As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

I'm relatively new to SEC/NCAA football fandom, but I thought the checker pattern was Tennessee's thing. It seems odd to see another SEC team feature it so prominently.

The checkerboard is in KYs uniforms to honor Secretariat! The greatest horse ever who was also born in Lexington.

So? That's horse racing. Within the realm of NCAA football, especially in the SEC, the checker pattern belongs to Tennessee.

I'm not Kevin W. I'm on your side bud. I was poking fun at this whole Oregon thing, not making a snide remark. You are too quick to think that I was attacking Ice_Cap just because he was in past arguments with other Oregon fans.

I don't care, it still came off as an attack. The argument that you are making fun of is not present right now. So please to put it into play.

All over me? I'm touched :D Thanks spleen, for the defence, but I think BigDmo was just poking fun, and we can all stand to do that from time to time.

The yellow oregon wore on the helmet and the jerseys was actually oregon yellow, so they do contain school colors.

They wore a school colour, not school colours. The green helmets paired with the grey pants and yellow jerseys would have been a much better look.

As for Kentucky, for a black jersey, they could have done much worse. The blue on the shoulders prevents this from being horrific. My fear is that they're going to wear either their white helmet or pants (or both) with this jersey. THAT would be horrific.

I'm relatively new to SEC/NCAA football fandom, but I thought the checker pattern was Tennessee's thing. It seems odd to see another SEC team feature it so prominently.

The checkerboard is in KYs uniforms to honor Secretariat! The greatest horse ever who was also born in Lexington.

So? That's horse racing. Within the realm of NCAA football, especially in the SEC, the checker pattern belongs to Tennessee.

I agree, but since Nike has decided to honor the past of select teams with the Pro Combat, that was their way of doing it. Just like using the red stripe on Georgia's uniform to honor a past player. I have no say over what Nike does, I just have the right to buy one if I like them and in this case I do.

spacer.png

I agree, but since Nike has decided to honor the past of select teams with the Pro Combat, that was their way of doing it. Just like using the red stripe on Georgia's uniform to honor a past player. I have no say over what Nike does, I just have the right to buy one if I like them and in this case I do.

Those are one time unis, this is their full time set. And the Pro Combats honor pasat elements related to the football program, a horse is in no way related to Kentucky's football team

Spleen stfu about arguements, you're the reason we had to start a new thread

And I apologize for it, which is why I'm trying to prevent it from happening again, with new people.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Navy:

63md.png

v15.png

LSU:

LSU2_crop_340x234.png?1315922250

Navy not only has the best unis this year, but as a school, they have the best unis since the Pro Combat series has began.

LSU's gloves are scaring the s?h?i?t out of me.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

LSU's Pro Combat gloves look like they should be matched up with a Pro Combat '83 Pontiac Firebird and a Pro Combat Survivor cassette.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

haha I just knew people were going to rip LSU's gloves apart when I saw them... and the first 2 comments were how cool they look? What?

Probably the worst set of the pro-combat gloves I've seen. Looks like weird incest dragon eyes. Just doesn't fit right on the gloves and looks really cheesey/goofy. Cartoonish.

haha I just knew people were going to rip LSU's gloves apart when I saw them... and the first 2 comments were how cool they look? What?

Probably the worst set of the pro-combat gloves I've seen. Looks like weird incest dragon eyes. Just doesn't fit right on the gloves and looks really cheesey/goofy. Cartoonish.

Ummmmmmmmmm..... what?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

307239_10150803196035154_216043845153_21121611_509185917_n.jpg

Go Green! Go Gold???

Lame, Nike. Really lame.

I really like the pattern they used on the gloves and helmet stripe. In my opinion, if they replaced all the black in the uniform design with white, the uniforms would look better and more in line with MSU's visual identity.

Personally, I don't mind the copper/bronze they use.

59ea7286cd78e_NewAvsSig.png.5747971588ea035fdc4dbcf3bf43f77a.png

Those are one time unis, this is their full time set. And the Pro Combats honor pasat elements related to the football program, a horse is in no way related to Kentucky's football team

Here is the quote I took my response from:

"The uniform showcases the team's history from UK's win against South Carolina last season, to their national title team coached by Bear Bryant back in the 1950's. It also include a nod to Secretariat with silks on the shoulders and the sides of the pants."

WKYT Unveils KY uniforms

Here is another quote,

"For the UK version, Dee Scott, the global licensing director for the Swoosh, said Nike drew inspiration from three things: Kentucky's comeback upset of No. 10 South Carolina in 2010; the uniforms worn by Bear Bryant's 1950 11-1 team; and Secretariat.

On the corners of the shoulders, the uniforms pay tribute to the silks Secretariat bore en route to thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown in 1973. It is similar to the design Nike did for UK's men's basketball uniforms three years ago, Scott said."

Spokesman from Nike

spacer.png

You can defend UK usong cheeckers all you want, but it still belongs to Tennessee

That is your opinion and like I said earlier that it may have not been the best choice, but if you don't like it, then that is your opinion. I like the pattern especially on the white jersey and my money will talk for me.

spacer.png

Archived