College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a uniform thread, kids. Let's get back on the topic of, you know, uniforms.

Thanks.

- MGT

Good call. Any other alts in store for this weekend?

Wyoming will be wearing something special this weekend for the border war with CSU, I'm just not allowed to post a pic of it quite yet...

What's Oregon wearing in the Pac 12 title game?

Their Facebook page posted the Pro Combat uniforms. I could see them wearing those in front of their home crowd. But then again it could be anything.

Edit: Also fans were told to wear green. Much speculation about new uniforms using green and yellow.

Yellow out uniforms would be awesome.

Could they bring back back the yellow helmets? Or could it be a green/yellow/green combo?

07Giants.pngnyy.png

It's a uniform thread, kids. Let's get back on the topic of, you know, uniforms.

Thanks.

- MGT

Wyoming will be wearing something special this weekend for the border war with CSU, I'm just not allowed to post a pic of it quite yet...

My guess on Wyoming is either yellow helmets or the typical black or gray alt jersey. Am I close to being right?

I was watching ESPN classic today from a few years ago (Matt Grothie's Freshman year as USF) and I can't help but wish the Bulls were wearing the gold helmet tonight and not the ALL GREEN! I hate the ALL GREEN!

As long as it's the new-awesome-gold and not the old piss-yellow-gold.

SigReflect.png

Thanks.

- MGT

My guess on Wyoming is either yellow helmets or the typical black or gray alt jersey. Am I close to being right?

Negatory. They will be wearing their yellow jerseys on the road though. I believe it will be a color on color game now. Green jerseys (unless they throwback or pull a white) vs Yellow ones. I will say we're taking a page out of Randy Edsalls book. Tributing the entire state's love of the Pokes. Being the only 4 year in the state give's it quite a large fanbase.

I think there is also a distinct difference between a Boise win in their out of conference schedule, vs. say if Boise were an SEC school and had to REGULARLY play SEC games. If they played SEC week in, week out, I think they would be a good team, but they would probably be an 8-4, 9-3 squad, or something more along those lines. It's a different story when you have to do it on the regular. I know that doesn't discount the opener since both schools had all offseason to prep for it, but Boise wouldn't go their usual 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 in the SEC.

Yeah maybe if they were in the SEC East... look at the SEC West, every team this year (you can even count aTm) has been ranked except for Ole Miss. Any team can compete for one game on their schedule every year, especially if it's at the beginning or the end. Going through an 8 game SEC schedule though with the type of athletes that they have would not be pretty if they were in the SEC West.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

I think there is also a distinct difference between a Boise win in their out of conference schedule, vs. say if Boise were an SEC school and had to REGULARLY play SEC games. If they played SEC week in, week out, I think they would be a good team, but they would probably be an 8-4, 9-3 squad, or something more along those lines. It's a different story when you have to do it on the regular. I know that doesn't discount the opener since both schools had all offseason to prep for it, but Boise wouldn't go their usual 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 in the SEC.

Yeah maybe if they were in the SEC East... look at the SEC West, every team this year (you can even count aTm) has been ranked except for Ole Miss. Any team can compete for one game on their schedule every year, especially if it's at the beginning or the end. Going through an 8 game SEC schedule though with the type of athletes that they have would not be pretty if they were in the SEC West.

Arkansas is the most overrated team in the nation. There is a reason they got killed by Bama and LSU. You guys have 2 good team: Bama and LSU (and maybe Georgia, we'll see). The others have 10 wins because of how bad the rest of the SEC is, and because of how bad their OOC's were. Boise would lose toe Bama and LSU, but they would beat the crap out of Arkansas.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Arkansas is the most overrated team in the nation. There is a reason they got killed by Bama and LSU. You guys have 2 good team: Bama and LSU (and maybe Georgia, we'll see). The others have 10 wins because of how bad the rest of the SEC is, and because of how bad their OOC's were. Boise would lose toe Bama and LSU, but they would beat the crap out of Arkansas.

There is a reason they got killed? Umm lets see... they are BY FAR the two best teams in the nation and it was an away game both times... yeah, you're right. They are clearly overrated by getting blown out by the teams that were in the "game of the century". Boise State lost at home to a mediocre TCU team, Arkansas' only loses are two the teams ranked 1 and 2. Enough said. Auburn's loses are to teams that are all currently ranked and have been ranked in the top 13 at some point this season. Boise has given up over 20 ppg against half of their schedule to absolutely subpar teams.

Anyways, this is not the point of this thread. If you would like to continue this debate you can PM me.

camnewton2.jpg

Auburn University Alum

Wyoming would go 7-5 in the SEC this year. If they played the type of OOC that SEC teams play, Depending on who they played in conference, they could go 3-5 or 4-4 in conference. Boise would go 11-1. The SEC is bad this year.

mj-laughing.gif

Then I told that teacher lady the only three letters I need to know are U, S, and A.

Thanks.

- MGT

Their Facebook page posted the Pro Combat uniforms. I could see them wearing those in front of their home crowd. But then again it could be anything.

Edit: Also fans were told to wear green. Much speculation about new uniforms using green and yellow.

Yellow out uniforms would be awesome.

Could they bring back back the yellow helmets? Or could it be a green/yellow/green combo?

I'd love to see green/yellow/green

RaysHat.giforegonsig.gifDevilRaysRetroHat2.gif

It's out anyways. Might as well post..

wyo1.png

Wish it had been this instead:

wyoflag1.png

Oh dear christ... is that helmet grey?

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Wyoming would go 7-5 in the SEC this year. If they played the type of OOC that SEC teams play, Depending on who they played in conference, they could go 3-5 or 4-4 in conference. Boise would go 11-1. The SEC is bad this year.

mj-laughing.gif

This is the best use of a .gif I've ever seen. Great gif and great timing... Well done.

90758391980.gif

I have to say, I really hate the latest trend of making the team logo an "empty canvas" to fill with other graphics. It waters down the identity completely. Beyond the teams with extra helmets these days, this logo trend really bugs me. You'll have a team go with a US flag themed logo, pink logos for BC, state flag themed logos, etc. You'll be lucky to see the team with its actual logo in half the games! What is the game about? Your team, pride, and identity? Or being a platform to say "we support this! Look at us!". Do not it like at all.

Archived