College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe to get away from MORE Oregon nonsense <_< (Seriously. The argument has been played out.)

Oklahoma State looked horrific in their gray jerseys...

df7l07.jpg

I do not like the grays with the white helmet and pants, but I cannot wait to see them go Gray-on-Gray-on-Gray.

spacer.png

LSU/Oregon is such a fascinating game. Traditional uni's versus the present. As much of a traditionalist as I am (hate the NFL's arena football teams: aka..Vikings, Falcons, Cardinals), I'm flat out falling in love with Oregon's uniform tonight. Like someone else already stated, I should hate these...but I just can't. I can't wait to see Maryland on live HDTV. Watching teams like Oregon, ASU, and Maryland create such a strong identity makes me want my beloved Buckeyes to adopt their 2009 rivalry they wore @ Michigan and wear them full time.

ohiostate_michigan2009b.jpg

ohiostate_michigan2009a.jpg

I didn't hate those. You could at least look at those and feel like you were watching OSU. I especially liked the striped socks. Last year's, I was in the stadium for the Michigan game and I felt like I was watching a different team. The worst was that they wore gray socks with gray pants which gave them the appearance they were wearing gray leggings like ballerinas or something. I hope theyre done with the special uniforms for the Michigan game, but I have a feeling we're in store for more.

If I had my way with tradition and history thrown out of the equation, I'd simplify OSU's uniforms even more. I'd switch to gray helmets, not silver, gray. I hate how the current helmets are super sparkly metallic silver and then they wear flat gray pants. Either switch to flat gray helmets like they wore in the 80's or go back to the shiny silver pants like they wore in the 90's.

And they'd wear these jerseys, black sleeve numbers and all

wilkinson.jpg

if those won't work, then these would do just fine

27-george-eddie.jpg

EddieGeorgeOSU_display_image.jpg?1268594043

I sorely miss those sleeve stripes and I love how massive those shoulder numbers were. Though, I don't know if today's players have enough shoulder space to accomodate those numbers. South Florida's chest and back numbers today were smaller than those things.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Arizona opened the season wearing white-cardinal-white which is one of only two combinations they should be wearing at home. Of course, I wasn't there to see it in person but the pictures looked glorious.

It's not your commenting on Arizona's uniforms that ticks people off. It's your insistence on unnecessarily sniping at all Oregon fans and people who like modern uniforms at every opportunity, and your one-sentence, rude dismissals of other people's opinions that make people mad at you. Not trying to "bait" or anything, just explaining.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Maybe to get away from MORE Oregon nonsense <_< (Seriously. The argument has been played out.)

df7l07.jpg

Did the opponent wear white or dark colored jerseys?

PvO6ZWJ.png

df7l07.jpg

Did the opponent wear white or dark colored jerseys?

Oh that just NO NO NO

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's not your commenting on Arizona's uniforms that ticks people off. It's your insistence on unnecessarily sniping at all Oregon fans and people who like modern uniforms at every opportunity, and your one-sentence, rude dismissals of other people's opinions that make people mad at you. Not trying to "bait" or anything, just explaining.

+1,001

I fear for the future NFL with Nike at the wheel.

I don't. In their day, they did a lot better with the Arena League than Russell ever has. And NFL teams have a lot more autonomy than AFL clubs ever would. All will be well.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived