College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that dark portion on the lower part of the jersey from sweat, or is that actually part of the design? Because that's the worst part of it, IMO.

It's just from the sweat. I agree it looks weird but the materials absorb water differently I suppose.

I actually think it looks pretty good. I don't recall all of the combinations they have available. But I think this one is a more conservative one. White-Grey-white isn't as bad as something like White-Grey-Black or White-Grey-Orange would have. Maybe a black or grey helmet would have made it look better??

Remember when teams tried to look better than one another?

Now they try to out-outrageous each other. I hope it's a passing trend, but I don't see this "look at me" attitude going away anytime soon.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Remember when teams tried to look better than one another?

Now they try to out-outrageous each other. I hope it's a passing trend, but I don't see this "look at me" attitude going away anytime soon.

It won't go away as long as there are people, some of whom post on this board, parroting the idea that it's ok.

What in the name of all things holy was Oklahoma State wearing??????????????????

A uniform that would have looked just fine if the jersey was orange or black.

What in the name of all things holy was Oklahoma State wearing??????????????????

Uni Watch covered this the other day. OSU went Oregon on us. They now have 3 helmets, something like 4 jerseys and 3 or 4 pants for a total of 48 possible combos. They even feature a uni combo creator on their website now. :wacko:

Oregon uni design team chatting at the water cooler:

original-tron-trio.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

That combo was definitely not the best. Maybe white-on-gray-on-black would have been better. But I like the stripes on the shoulder pads and the pants. I like this:

2011-H-W.png

2011-J-G.png

2011-P-B.png

spacer.png

Oregon is winless in the volt. I hope the football gods have made their point :D

They are winless in the VOLT because they chose to play in them against SEC teams. If they wear them the rest of the year, they will win because they play in the PAC-12.

spacer.png

Oregon is winless in the volt. I hope the football gods have made their point :D

I couldn't agree more, my friend. I hope they have too :P Let's leave the volt for running shoes and tennis uniforms, where they belong d*mnit.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Love that the 50-yard-line logo at Georgia Dome shows two helmets that neither team is wearing. It's basically this logo with the helmes reversed (Boise on the left, UGA on the right)

2011KickoffGame.jpg

Gotta wonder if anyone noticed, or frankly, cared that both teams would be wearing PC helmets designs for the game.

It was the same thing last year when Boise plated Va Tech

It's not your commenting on Arizona's uniforms that ticks people off. It's your insistence on unnecessarily sniping at all Oregon fans and people who like modern uniforms at every opportunity, and your one-sentence, rude dismissals of other people's opinions that make people mad at you. Not trying to "bait" or anything, just explaining.

This.

I've only been here a week and I've already grown to loathe many your posts because they simply seem like personal attacks without any substance or explanation as to why you disagree with the poster.

I love a lively, spirited debate as much as anyone, but "I don't like ______'s uniforms, so anyone who does is automatically wrong" is just juvenile and petty.

Back on topic...

I kinda like Okie State (Mike Gundy's a MAN!), but those grey jerseys were really ill-conceived. The dark patches look suggestive of awkward stains to me.

My thoughts from last night: Seriously, what the hell is flywire for? It can't possibly ACTUALLY serve as a functional part of the uniform. It looks terrible...

they say its to strengthen the collar and keep it from stretching. im fine with that, but put it on the inside and hide it. its such a damn eyesore, but Nike wants to show off their "innovative" jersey technology

Yup, it is to keep shoulder pads from popping out as much as they did with the original pro combat uniforms (and so far it has worked).

Oregon looks amazing tonight against LSU!!!

I"m adding that jersey to the collection.

A+

I agree! Those look awesome on the field! However, you better tread lightly about having a football jersey collection, because Kevin. W thinks that is very unusual!

LOL....my man cave is filled with them.

Those jersey's would look great with my new shoes...336954_972751785872_41111563_42690057_7822885_o.jpg

or these, which were actually designed to go with it:

nike-trainer-1.3-max-oregon-e1314371686915.jpg

Oregon looks amazing tonight against LSU!!!

I"m adding that jersey to the collection.

A+

I agree! Those look awesome on the field! However, you better tread lightly about having a football jersey collection, because Kevin. W thinks that is very unusual!

LOL....my man cave is filled with them.

Those jersey's would look great with my new shoes...336954_972751785872_41111563_42690057_7822885_o.jpg

or these, which were actually designed to go with it:

nike-trainer-1.3-max-oregon-e1314371686915.jpg

Thanks for the post, I will have to try to find those as well.

spacer.png

10zbrtd.png

Holy hell.

The glossy-looking wings look like a wet raincoat...I HATE numbers that are the same color as the jersey...and that "O" is glowin' in the d*mn dark. Just my humble opinion here, but Oregon has outdone themselves from the NTG uniform, in a bad way. That's all sorts of atrocious.

I'd have taken yellow monochrome over this any day of the week.

Take a look at ESPN

Archived