College Football Uniforms 2011 SEASON

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

South Florida's new green helmets look so much better than the gold and white helmets they've worn in the past. I just wish they'd use a logo that wasn't italicized. No matter where they seem to put it on the helmet it always looks goofy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

My thoughts from last night: Seriously, what the hell is flywire for? It can't possibly ACTUALLY serve as a functional part of the uniform. It looks terrible...

they say its to strengthen the collar and keep it from stretching. im fine with that, but put it on the inside and hide it. its such a damn eyesore, but Nike wants to show off their "innovative" jersey technology

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

The Huskers appear to be using a different number font. I don't know how many adidas schools are doing this with the new template; it looks much smaller, more condensed. The NOB font is different as well. I don't mind it, actually. For reference--

taylor-martinez.jpg6109823957_47d0fe7b33.jpg

Old on the left, new on the right.

You can also see the previously mentioned "Big Red in the Big Ten" patch.

Notre Dame is using the same numeral font. Adidas must have decided that if a team wants varsity block, that's what they're getting. Too thick and too narrow for me.

And everything on that USF jersey looks one size too small. It's like a bad render on a last-gen videogame.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Speaking of Notre Dame, I'm watching the game, and it dawned on me that their uniforms are pretty bad. The color scheme is just really bland and there's no real design saving it. They'd look so much better in green full time.

I'm really excited for next week, actually. The more matte-style pants they're wearing now look so much worse than the shiny pants.

I wouldn't object if ND went with Green jerseys and UCLA stripes with the shamrock on the helmets full time, though.

6fQjS3M.png

East Carolina is sporting their skull and crossbones helmets against South Carolina. Huge upgrade over the traditional helmet, though they need to flip the right side logo so it faces forward.

Awesome. I love that logo on the helmet. They should adopt if full time if they haven't already.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Anyone watching the BYU-Mississippi game? I'm trying to figure out why the backup quarterback #13 Robert Ratliff is wearing a blue jersey when the rest of the team is wearing red jerseys. Anyone know why? He's usually standing beside Houston Nutt signaling in plays on offense.

Anyone watching the BYU-Mississippi game? I'm trying to figure out why the backup quarterback #13 Robert Ratliff is wearing a blue jersey when the rest of the team is wearing red jerseys. Anyone know why? He's usually standing beside Houston Nutt signaling in plays on offense.

There's your answer. He's not the "backup," he's 4th string (when Mackey's not suspended).

Tulsa is wearing white names on white jerseys, and blue numbers on blue sleeves. #youredoingitwrong

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oh god, Georgia. Just. Why? My goodness. I mean, just, no?

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Boise St. and Georgia look awful. I kinda like the silver shell for Georgia, but the red motorcycle helmet stripe kills it. The traditionalist in me should hate Oregon's unis, but damn they look awesome on TV. They are like TATC unis done right. LSU looks awesome as usual.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Oregon looks amazing tonight against LSU!!!

I"m adding that jersey to the collection.

A+

I agree! Those look awesome on the field! However, you better tread lightly about having a football jersey collection, because Kevin. W thinks that is very unusual!

spacer.png

Archived