Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

I know that this is just a fashion cap, but having a light blue bill wouldn't look half bad:

41m4KDyKCoL.jpg

You are right it wouldn't look half bad it would look completely bad!!!!

Well, if you used the new light blue which is darker than the old powder blue, it would look much better (even though I still like the powder bill).

A QUICK mock-up of the colours:

kap-1.png

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that this is just a fashion cap, but having a light blue bill wouldn't look half bad:

41m4KDyKCoL.jpg

You are right it wouldn't look half bad it would look completely bad!!!!

Well, if you used the new light blue which is darker than the old powder blue, it would look much better (even though I still like the powder bill).

A QUICK mock-up of the colours:

kap-1.png

Those particular colors look good, but they aren't what the Blue jays are going with.

Colorwerx

are you able to give us a taste of the new blue color or do you need to wait until next week?

Aren't the new blues the ones found in your avatar? I assumed when he said that's not what the Jays are going with he meant, the double blue combination on hat and bill.

zzPEfBm.png

Colorwerx

are you able to give us a taste of the new blue color or do you need to wait until next week?

Aren't the new blues the ones found in your avatar? I assumed when he said that's not what the Jays are going with he meant, the double blue combination on hat and bill.

I took the colours from the logo, but I remember that one of the "insiders" (I think Showtime) said that the colours look much different on the jerseys.

Colorwerx

I took the colours from the logo, but I remember that one of the "insiders" (I think Showtime) said that the colours look much different on the jerseys.

Interesting. That makes me even more anxious to see the unveiling.

zzPEfBm.png

41m4KDyKCoL.jpg

I actually have to agree with you, that light blue does look pretty sharp. IMO that would look great on the field - with the caveat that the eyelets were the same color as the surrounding fabric. Contrasting eyelets look horrible.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

Colorwerx

I don't know if the shades of blue in that avatar are off or not, but if they are precise, that means the Jays will be powder blue and navy.

So what's up with the Jays joining in on trends so late? First they join the BFBS party about 6 years too late, and now this dark blue/light blue crap that they started years ago.

FTFY

I know that I'm in the extreme minority on this, but I felt that the Blue Jays should have gone with black, royal blue, and white. This double-blue trend is played out and really starting to get old. With the Royals and the Rays(in the same division) going that route, you'd think that they'd try something different. Black and blue is such an underrated color scheme. The Mets just make it look bad. Speaking of which, the Mets are already showing signs of getting rid of the black, so this could have been a unique oppurtunity for the Jays to cash in.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I know that I'm in the extreme minority on this, but I felt that the Blue Jays should have gone with black, royal blue, and white. This double-blue trend is played out and really starting to get old. With the Royals and the Rays(in the same division) going that route, you'd think that they'd try something different. Black and blue is such an underrated color scheme. The Mets just make it look bad. Speaking of which, the Mets are already showing signs of getting rid of the black, so this could have been a unique oppurtunity for the Jays to cash in.

The Jays were wearing double blue before it became a trend.

I know that I'm in the extreme minority on this, but I felt that the Blue Jays should have gone with black, royal blue, and white. This double-blue trend is played out and really starting to get old. With the Royals and the Rays(in the same division) going that route, you'd think that they'd try something different. Black and blue is such an underrated color scheme. The Mets just make it look bad. Speaking of

which, the Mets are already showing signs of getting rid of the black, so this could have been a unique oppurtunity for the Jays to cash in.

I can't think of any MLB that has used black and royal well. The Royals looked awful when they did it, and the Mets looked shoddy too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I know that I'm in the extreme minority on this, but I felt that the Blue Jays should have gone with black, royal blue, and white. This double-blue trend is played out and really starting to get old. With the Royals and the Rays(in the same division) going that route, you'd think that they'd try something different. Black and blue is such an underrated color scheme. The Mets just make it look bad. Speaking of

which, the Mets are already showing signs of getting rid of the black, so this could have been a unique oppurtunity for the Jays to cash in.

I can't think of any MLB that has used black and royal well. The Royals looked awful when they did it, and the Mets looked shoddy too.

Let's not forget the Blue Jays (soon to be ending) experiment with it. Good G-d I hate the current/soon to be former look. I'm so excited to see it replaced with a well-done update of the 1993-1996 set.

Let's not forget the Blue Jays (soon to be ending) experiment with it. Good G-d I hate the current/soon to be former look. I'm so excited to see it replaced with a well-done update of the 1993-1996 set.

I'm with ya.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Colorwerx

I don't know if the shades of blue in that avatar are off or not, but if they are precise, that means the Jays will be powder blue and navy.

Nope.

I think black and royal would be fine for the Jays - if they were a new team and didn't have such a great aesthetic past to draw from. If done right (i.e. NOT how they do it now) it would be fantastic.

I didn't think the Royals were that bad (well, the caps anyway. The jerseys were horrendous) but black and blue just doesn't work for them (still can't figure out why they don't use more gold.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I honestly think the Jays logos now would be perfect if they just used more blue, i.e. like blue caps. I agree they use way to much black but I think the logo package in all is great and doesn't need change. That being said I like to old look to and can't way to see how it turns out.

niagaraq.png

Archived