Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's close to those mockups it's going to be beautiful.

Looks better than those mockups, IMO - can't wait for everyone to see it

It's as close as anyone as seen, though.

You're right, it does look better. A little more "pop" to the font and of course, cleaner.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm not sure how I will like the split font with a serif, but if nothing else, I'm glad they brought back the wide, circular O. That was one of the defining aspects of the classic wordmark, IMO.

I was just thinking that. Wasn't the old font san serif? Not a huge deal but it kind of bothers me a little bit. It doesn't seem as clean.

I'm more of a casual baseball fan, but I must admit that this Toronto set has really got me interested. I think the upcoming changes are going to be fantastic!

That's because they gave us a taste and it was a good one. Plus it kinda makes sense to bring more blue back to the uniforms of a team with "blue" in their name. Black always seemed a bit... odd.

I'm not sure how I will like the split font with a serif, but if nothing else, I'm glad they brought back the wide, circular O. That was one of the defining aspects of the classic wordmark, IMO.

I was just thinking that. Wasn't the old font san serif? Not a huge deal but it kind of bothers me a little bit. It doesn't seem as clean.

I agree, but am willing to reserve judgment until we see the actual font.

I agree, but am willing to reserve judgment until we see the actual font.

Also agreed.... But I'm at a point where anything that comes out will make me happy. The above mock-up with sarifs looks fine (its crazy how much the center-split does for a fairly staid font) but I like the originals better. Sarifs give me a slight old-timey vibe that doesn't work as well, both with this look, or for toronto in general.

Regardless -- I'm over-the-moon excited for the reveal...

Which logo do you guys like better, the old one or the new one? Try to think of it as just the logo, and not memories associated with it. I'm torn. Seeing the new logo on concepts has made me really like it a lot more, but the original one is so elegant and classy.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Which logo do you guys like better, the old one or the new one? Try to think of it as just the logo, and not memories associated with it. I'm torn. Seeing the new logo on concepts has made me really like it a lot more, but the original one is so elegant and classy.

Can't go wrong with the original. However I really like this update. Waiting to see the actual primary logo with the baseball and Toronto Blue Jays text included. But the update is as good as what we could of hoped for.

Can't wait for the unveil Friday.

Can't go wrong with the original. However I really like this update. Waiting to see the actual primary logo with the baseball and Toronto Blue Jays text included. But the update is as good as what we could of hoped for.

https://twitter.com/#!/sportslogosnet/status/131823629100007424

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

https://twitter.com/#!/sportslogosnet/status/131823629100007424

No that logo will not appear on the cap or uniforms, but the official team logo will be like this http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh

I think the new logo is a much better update of the World Series era logo than the 1997 logo was.

Archived