Blue Jays to change uniforms for next season

whateverman42

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then salivate like I will when that stream comes alive and the Jays return to roost on their original colo(u)r scheme.

The new set does NOT go back to the original color scheme.

It looks very nice though.

I'll have my blog up - complete with RGB-optimized graphics - as soon as their unveiled.

Then salivate like I will when that stream comes alive and the Jays return to roost on their original colo(u)r scheme.

It looks very nice though.

I'll have my blog up - complete with RGB-optimized graphics - as soon as their unveiled.

as one who's actually seen the set, do you prefer it to the original scheme/logo?

zzPEfBm.png

Yeah it does. I mean, I it doesn't if you are a graphics person and boil these colors down to pantones and RGB codes.

To layman like me though, I look at the new logo and go, "hey the Blue Jays are going back to their old colo(u)rs".

I am sure it frustrates you morons like me don't care its moved several notches this way or that on the #RRGGBB coding (or whatever scale graphics people use), but given these colors fade in the wash, or aren't always replicated precisely on shirts and hats, and given what the Blue Jays originally were and are now becoming, it's close enough for steak sauce. :)

I'm a great admirer of those who pay attention to these details, but to most people on the baseball planet, the Jays will have gone back to their blue coloring.

Does anyone know if the Jays will have a 35 years patch this coming season? The 35th season was last year and they missed out on the opportunity, so I thought that with the new logo it might be a nice addition.

you're kidding right a 35 anniversary logo in their 36th season

Yes. 36th season overall, 35th Anniversary of first season.

2012 is going to be the 36th season, but the club was founded in 1977. 2012 is 35 years. The Mariners will be wearing a 35 years patch this year.

If they played in 1977, then 2012 is the 36th season, which would mark the 35th anniversary of their first season. Year 2 marks the first anniversary of year 1, and so on.

Why is this whole anniversary thing so hard for people to grasp? Even the teams fudge it up sometimes.

Because some teams base their anniversary on years existed, others on seasons played. Case in point: the Angels and Twins both date to 1961, yet the Twins wore their 50th season patch a year before the Angels did.

There's a difference between 50th SEASON and 50th ANNIVERSARY. Your sentence contradicts itself.

I meant to imply that the Twins wore a patch for the 50th season, while the Angels wore a patch for their 50th year of existence. (Or was it the other way around?) It does get a bit confusing.

The Twins wore their 50th season patch in 2010, which would be correct. The Angels wore their 50th anniversary patch last year, which is also correct. It makes more sense to honor the anniversary like most married people do but hey, it's whatever floats their boat.

Yeah it does. I mean, I it doesn't if you are a graphics person and boil these colors down to pantones and RGB codes.

To layman like me though, I look at the new logo and go, "hey the Blue Jays are going back to their old colo(u)rs".

I am sure it frustrates you morons like me don't care its moved several notches this way or that on the #RRGGBB coding (or whatever scale graphics people use), but given these colors fade in the wash, or aren't always replicated precisely on shirts and hats, and given what the Blue Jays originally were and are now becoming, it's close enough for steak sauce. :)

I'm a great admirer of those who pay attention to these details, but to most people on the baseball planet, the Jays will have gone back to their blue coloring.

I understand what you're getting at...sure - they're reminiscent of the original color scheme. There are some similarities for sure.

As everyone will see however, these NEW colors are different. I think a lot of people will be able to see that once they're unveiled.

I understand what you're getting at...sure - they're reminiscent of the original color scheme. There are some similarities for sure.

As everyone will see however, these NEW colors are different. I think a lot of people will be able to see that once they're unveiled.

You mean (And I sincerely apologize for the question pestering; I can only imagine how annoying it is. But yet again, you'll be relieved in 15 hours or so.) much like the 97-03 blues were relatively the same (light blue-dark blue) but yet noticeably different?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

How has nothing leaked yet?

Ummm... the cap logo?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

http://mypict.me/ind...hp?id=329958200

Outside of the rogers centre. I think the picture quality distorts the font a bit.

Great. Hopefully now they can remove the SkyDome logos still on some of the garbage cans.

I'd rather see them go the other way and remove "Rogers Centre". What an ego maniac Ted Rogers was, does he need his stupid name on EVERYTHING??? Couldn't have been "Rogers SkyDome"?

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Archived