New Winnipeg Jets Jerseys

nash61

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

n20202730_32236507_2101.jpg

I'd just like to reflect for a moment on how awesome this is.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I'll be darned. They're growing on me. They're still the Dallas Mavericks On Ice, but it's growing on me. The italic numerals still do not work, especially against straight nameplates, but straighten that out and you're in business.

You know what would be a good idea? Silver stripe separating the Polar Night Blue? :rolleyes: from the white, then use the lighter blue for a shoulder stripe on the darks.

I'm too lazy to check, doesn't Carolina have italicized numerals and a standard nameplate?

To me, these white jerseys are great. Yes, I'm a fanboy, but I think they did a bang-up job given the time constraints. Not a fan of Kane wearing 9, but whatever, there are too many 91's in the league as it is. At least Little had the decency to give up #10.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm too lazy to check, doesn't Carolina have italicized numerals and a standard nameplate?

Looks like they have an italicized nameplate:

Carolina+Hurricanes+v+New+Jersey+Devils+Game+8j329lzGu1Ll.jpg

108205990_std.jpg

I'm not a huge fan of italicized numbers in general. I'm also a little disappointed that they didn't use the stencil font from their website. Something like this could have been brilliant with their RCAF theme:

6143587375_0ab812d9f1_o.png

I'd agree, but I think they already looked at the flak they were taking from the RCAF logo and said, "let's not go TOO military."

The Reebok lead had mentioned that they took injspiration for the name and number fonts from what was already being used on the aircraft, so if anyone that doesn't work for a living wants to GIS any of that stuff, please, feel free and report back with your findings.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Though I'm sure they don't really care what the Weakerthans think, there's been quite a lot of backlash against the team "glorifying the Canadian military industrial machine." I'm fairly certain that most people don't realize the Canadian military is more of a cottage industry at this point, and certainly not a machine (unless windup things count), but many greenies are still impotently rallying against this.

Take it all with a grain of salt, though. My wife's cousin's fiance plays bass for Propagandhi, and 60% of his facebook posts are about world injustice and the sheep walking around Winnipeg with war machine jerseys and tee shirts on. The other 40% are about how drunk he got last night.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The socks are exactly what they should look like. It really integrates the sleeve stripes in with the rest of the uniform. I was worried the sock stripe was going to match the hem stripe or even worse, nothing at all. I hate when teams do that.

Overall, that's a great looking uniform and it only looks better when worn in full padded uniform. I'm jealous of Winnipeg fans.

Now that I look at it, Kane's pants look like that shinier material that I noticed some of the Blue Jackets wearing earlier this offseason. Something's up with the hockey pants this year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Now that I look at it, Kane's pants look like that shinier material that I noticed some of the Blue Jackets wearing earlier this offseason. Something's up with the hockey pants this year.

Maybe the players just got themselves a brand new pair, which explains the shininess.

Maybe the players just got themselves a brand new pair, which explains the shininess.

I don't think that's it.

Look at this photo gallery

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=23503&location=/photos&pg=1

and then look at this one from their first preseason game last year.

http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/gallery.htm?id=16657&location=/photos&pg=9

There's a noticeable difference there.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't think that's it.

If we can't beat the Red Wings this season, we shall blind them with our flashy pants!!

I don't think that's it.

If we can't beat the Red Wings this season, we shall blind them with our flashy pants!!

Well based on the picture of Evander up there, it's likely that every team, including the Red Wings, will be wearing flashy pants.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived