Lions are insane?

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 2009 Denver Broncos came out of nowhere and started the season 6-0 (that's two wins more than the Lions!!) and beat teams who were actually good along the way. Nobody started a thread about them, nor did they deserve one. And as all you Lions bandwagoners will see, they will inevitably lose, and lose hard.

BAHHHAHAHAHA!!!

That's gold. Oh, and unless you're a certified psychic, be careful with using "will lose". You never know what's going to happen. One thing the Lions have that the Broncos didn't is possibly the best reciever in the league, as well as a young, talented D-Line with lots of potential. I'm not implying that they're Super Bowl bound or anything, but I'm not willing to write this team off just because a completely different team in a completely different year happened to choke after going 6-0.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The 2009 Denver Broncos came out of nowhere and started the season 6-0 (that's two wins more than the Lions!!) and beat teams who were actually good along the way. Nobody started a thread about them, nor did they deserve one. And as all you Lions bandwagoners will see, they will inevitably lose, and lose hard.

BAHHHAHAHAHA!!!

That's gold. Oh, and unless you're a certified psychic, be careful with using "will lose". You never know what's going to happen. One thing the Lions have that the Broncos didn't is possibly the best reciever in the league, as well as a young, talented D-Line with lots of potential. I'm not implying that they're Super Bowl bound or anything, but I'm not willing to write this team off just because a completely different team in a completely different year happened to choke after going 6-0.

I can guarantee that the Lions will lose. At least, one game but still, it's a loss :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

That logic is circuitous at best. Those Broncos were less talented and, as it turned out, far less well-coached than these Lions are. The Lions have a legitimately scary defense, an elite young quarterback (as in, not Kyle Orton), and one of the best wideouts in the game today. They'll be fine.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Browns fans aren't allowed to trash talk other teams. Your team lost to a team with Bruce f'ing Gradkowski under centre.

Under those rules, then Steeler fans aren't allowed to talk trash to anyone because they lost to the Raiders with Gradkowski under center, which I don't mind.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291206023

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

I think the Lions will stumble a little as the season goes on.

The way I look at their season right now, the Lions won two games, and the teams they were playing in the other two lost. So I don't think they are quite as good as their record indicates, but they are a very solid team and if I saw them on my schedule I'm not writing it down as an automatic W.

I want to see them win at least three out of the next four before I'll start really buying into this team as a serious Super Bowl contender. The next four are Chicago, San Fran and Atlanta at home, and Denver on the road. That's about as easy of a four game stretch as your going to get in the NFL, unless for some reason you have Jacksonville, Indy and KC all coming up, so they should be able to win three of those four if they are for real if not take all four.

The Lions season has been nothing short of great thus far, and everyone in Michigan is loving it.

The Lions are one of those teams that I think everyone wants to see do well outside of Bears, Packers and Vikings fans, which is why I think people are making such a big deal over them.

We'll see. Alot of signs to give you hope that they can actually make a run at the Super Bowl. I still think this is a team learning how to win though, and I think once they go up against some better competition they're gonnna have some problems. I'll give them a 50/50 shot at making the playoffs right now. Its a tough division and they haven't really been tested yet, nor will they until later in the year which could work both for them and against them. I rather play tougher games early myself. I think that's how you end up with alot of these 13-3 teams that get bounced in the first round. I could see that happening to a team like the Lions who aren't going to be tested until later in the year and have zero postseason experience.

The biggest key with their success I'd say has been no injuries. If they can just keep their big guys on the field they will definately make the playoffs because your already seeing key guys on potential playoff teams drop like flies and so far the Lions have been able to avoid that. The Eagles in particular have no D-line right now and I can't see how they're going to fix it either so I'll put way more money on the Lions making the playoffs then I would the Eagles.

Alot of reasons to be happy if your a Lions fan right now, but I think next year is probably going to be a better year for them to go deeper in the playoffs. I don't see it happening this year, but we'll see. I think any Lions fan would have considered making the playoffs a success at the start of the year and right now that seems to be a very reachable goal.

BAHHHAHAHAHA!!!

Umm, at the time, Brandon Marshall (remember him?) was a total stud. Just like Calvin Johnson, Marshall was a Top 3 wide out, hands down.

And the Eagles D had "potential" this year too (see where it's gotten them so far), so you can save all that.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm very excited that the Lions have playing to their full potentaial, but these bandwagon fans are getting on my nerves. People don't even understand what us Lion fans went through. It just really annoys me.

Also, this Cleveland guy has no room to talk. First, winning the 3 first road games in a season is pretty hard to do. Sure, they had to comeback from a pair of 20 point defecits but part of being a good team is having the ability to come back in a game.

So please stop with he Lions hate Vmd. Have fun being a Browns fan.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Umm, at the time, Brandon Marshall (remember him?) was a total stud. Just like Calvin Johnson, Marshall was a Top 3 wide out, hands down.

Marshall was seen as one of the better receivers in the league, but even then, I would have called anyone crazy if they had suggested he was top three. Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, and Larry Fitzgerald were all in the league in 2009.

And the Eagles D had "potential" this year too (see where it's gotten them so far), so you can save all that.

The Eagles' D only had potential for failure outside of the secondary. Their linebacker corps is thin, educated football fans knew that going into the season. Meanwhile, the Lions' defense has "reality" - DROY Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley is making his debut vs. the Bears, they've got 3-time Pro Bowler Kyle Vanden Bosch... they've got some big names on that D.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I'm very excited that the Lions have playing to their full potentaial, but these bandwagon fans are getting on my nerves. People don't even understand what us Lion fans went through. It just really annoys me.

Also, this Cleveland guy has no room to talk. First, winning the 3 first road games in a season is pretty hard to do. Sure, they had to comeback from a pair of 20 point defecits but part of being a good team is having the ability to come back in a game.

So please stop with he Lions hate Vmd. Have fun being a Browns fan.

Learn to cope with the bandwagon fans. It is a sign that your team is doing well. I am a Lions bandwagoner myself, but never have I claimed that I understand the pain that Lions fans have been through.

Also not surprised that Cleveland somehow managed to sneak into this thread. :P

BAHHHAHAHAHA!!!

Brandon Marshall, as talented as he may be, is not Calvin Johnson. Calvin Johnson is Calvin Johnson.

The 2009 Broncos are not the 2011 Lions. The 2011 Eagles are not the 2011 Lions. The 2011 Lions are the 2011 Lions.

My point? Comparisons can only take all of us so far. We have to reserve further judgement until the season's over. If you had to ask me, I honestly have no idea where the Lions could end up. I'm just watching them week by week, and taking it week by week.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Like I said there is no way that this deserves to be a topic. I can count about 20 teams with more talent than the Lions so why don't we start threads for every single one of them? I never brought up Cleveland, someone else did. It just shows a lack of ability to come up with a logical argument so you divert attention to my team that's 2-2. Last time I checked that's not a bad record. You know who's 2-2? Pittsburgh and they were in the Superbowl last year. They'd beat Detroit by over 40 pts, and that just proves that it's early in the season. Compare Detroit to Buffalo. Both were 3-0, everyone started to call them the best teams in the league and what happened to Buffalo last week?!

Like I said there is no way that this deserves to be a topic. I can count about 20 teams with more talent than the Lions so why don't we start threads for every single one of them? I never brought up Cleveland, someone else did. It just shows a lack of ability to come up with a logical argument so you divert attention to my team that's 2-2. Last time I checked that's not a bad record. You know who's 2-2? Pittsburgh and they were in the Superbowl last year. They'd beat Detroit by over 40 pts, and that just proves that it's early in the season. Compare Detroit to Buffalo. Both were 3-0, everyone started to call them the best teams in the league and what happened to Buffalo last week?!

Why are you comparing a score from seasons past? The 2011 Lions are not last season Lions. So your argument is moot.

Also please, name the 20 teams.

Oh that's right the Lions added Jerome Harrison (4th string RB in Cleveland) and Eric Wright the worst corner in the league....good call! I'd suggest Detroit "fans" get their super bowl tickets...

If people are going to make fun of a 2-2 team they should know there's teams out there with that record that would kick the sh** out of the Lions, like the Steelers and Jets

If people are going to make fun of a 2-2 team they should know there's teams out there with that record that would kick the sh** out of the Lions, like the Steelers and Jets

Neither one of those teams have an O-line capable of containing Suh and Fairley for an entire game.

Like I said there is no way that this deserves to be a topic. I can count about 20 teams with more talent than the Lions so why don't we start threads for every single one of them? I never brought up Cleveland, someone else did. It just

shows a lack of ability to come up with a logical argument so you divert attention to my team that's 2-2. Last time I checked that's not a bad record. You know who's 2-2? Pittsburgh and they were in the Superbowl last year. They'd beat Detroit by over 40 pts, and that just proves that it's early in the season. Compare Detroit to Buffalo. Both were

3-0, everyone started to call them the best teams in the league and what happened to Buffalo last week?!

Why are you comparing a score from seasons past? The 2011 Lions are not last season Lions. So your argument is moot.

Also please, name the 20 teams.

Oh that's right the Lions added Jerome Harrison (4th string RB in Cleveland) and Eric Wright the worst corner in the league....good call! I'd suggest Detroit "fans" get their super bowl tickets...

If people are going to make fun of a 2-2 team they should know there's teams out there with that record that would

kick the sh** out of the Lions, like the Steelers and Jets

Just wait until those offensive lines meet Suh........

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Browns being the same record as the Steelers and Jets says nothing about the Browns. That logic is ridiculous. The Cleveland Browns are 2-2 against the Bengals, Dolphins, Colts, and Titans. That's not the cream of the NFL crop. A good NFL team would be 4-0 with that schedule. I've watched every Browns game this year. They've looked awful in every single one of them, including the wins. If they're even 8-8 at the end of the year I'll be surprised.

The Lions would beat the Browns. They'd probably also beat the Steelers, who aren't that great this season.

My Bengals are 2-2 also, but I'm not claiming they're better than this Detroit team.

:censored:. Another thread just got Clevejacked.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived