Do the Browns ever wear brown?

Buffalo

As for this... I really want to see ESPN do a 30 for 30 about the selling and moving of the Cleveland Browns. The amount of political corruption in Cleveland and Cuyahoga county is mind boggling. Not only that... a lot of the people who "saved the Browns" made a nice profit and gains from the selling in 1995/96. It really would be interesting.

Which is why I hate the "AL" patch with 100% pure hatred. Al Lerner could've prevented Art Modell from moving, but knew he would make millions. AL didn't keep the Browns in Cleveland, the NFL did.

BTW, did you read that book? It's very VERY good.

As for Colt, I didn't like the draft pick and I'm afraid he isn't the right fit for the NFL's version of the west-coast offense. He's smart and a leader, but his lack of arm strength and that he get's easily rattled are his downfall.

I feel the exact same way about Lerner! He made a choice based on greed and for that I like him less than Modell any day.

spacer.png

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

disregard. joke not funny. carry on.

I was not trying to be funny, Art Modell S*&*S and Al Learner B*&^s IMO!

Sucks and Blows? I'm missing it.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

disregard. joke not funny. carry on.

I was not trying to be funny, Art Modell S*&*S and Al Learner B*&^s IMO!

Sucks and Blows? I'm missing it.

I didn't know if the censor would pick it up. But yeah, Modell screwed every Browns fan by moving the team, and Lerner could have kept the team here, but decided to have a new team and made millions off of it. They both suck!

spacer.png

Let's just get it all out of systems now, Cleveland.

If they haven't gotten it out by now (16 years later) then they never will. As far as cities that lose teams go Cleveland got a sweet deal. Yet despite getting to keep the uniforms, colours, history, and legacy, in addition to a guaranteed expansion team to tack all of things onto less then five years later, they still act like they're the greatest victims of team relocation.

Ask some Nordiques, Whalers, or Sonics fans how hard Cleveland Browns fans have it fellas.

Let's just get it all out of systems now, Cleveland.

If they haven't gotten it out by now (16 years later) then they never will. As far as cities that lose teams go Cleveland got a sweet deal. Yet despite getting to keep the uniforms, colours, history, and legacy, in addition to a guaranteed expansion team to tack all of things onto less then five years later, they still act like they're the greatest victims of team relocation.

Ask some Nordiques, Whalers, or Sonics fans how hard Cleveland Browns fans have it fellas.

Or Baltimore Colts fans. No guaranteed replacement team for them.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Let's just get it all out of our systems now, Cleveland.

Baltimore fans are over it. Same goes for Winnipeg hockey fans. So why's Clevelnd fan still bent out of shape?? Does have a consistant 'loser' factor into the bitterness? I don't get it.

6uXNWAo.png

Baltimore fans are over it. Same goes for Winnipeg hockey fans. So why's Clevelnd fan still bent out of shape?? Does have a consistant 'loser' factor into the bitterness? I don't get it.

I am bent out of shape because even though we got to keep the uniforms (boring), history, and an expansion team, we still got screwed not by the NFL, but the two men that I mentioned above. It also doesn't help that my Browns won the Superbowl in Baltimore and the fact that this team is garbage.

spacer.png

I am bent out of shape because even though we got to keep the uniforms (boring), history, and an expansion team, we still got screwed not by the NFL, but the two men that I mentioned above. It also doesn't help that my Browns won the Superbowl in Baltimore and the fact that this team is garbage.

I think people forget sometimes that they are rooting for private businesses and quite often businesses don't have their consumers best interests in mind and would rather chase future revenue opportunities at their expense.

I really need to proofread some of this sh1t when swyping. :D

And yeah, don't be so bitter, Cleveland. Kick back, relax, and enjoy your 4-12 season!

6uXNWAo.png

Baltimore fans are over it? What Baltimore fans have you been around? I still hear people from Baltimore and old Colt'/new Ravens fans cry about. My issue is the Baltimore fans who loath losing the Colts but then tell Cleveland fans to get over it. Its hypocritical.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

And yeah, don't be so bitter, Cleveland. Kick back, relax, and enjoy your 4-12 season!

Hmmmm....

2011 Cleveland Browns - 3 losses

2011 New York Jets - 3 losses

Lifetime

Cleveland Browns

NFL Championships - 4

Record - 501-417

New York Jets

NFL Championships - 1

Record - 363-426

If you're going to throw juvenile jabs at another team on a uniform forum, at least have a better franchise. The Jets have been a joke for ages and only recently have been relevant and that window is closing with the Bills taking their place along side the Patriots in the AFC East.

:D

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Baltimore fans are over it? What Baltimore fans have you been around? I still hear people from Baltimore and old Colt'/new Ravens fans cry about. My issue is the Baltimore fans who loath losing the Colts but then tell Cleveland fans to get over it. Its hypocritical.

Speaking as a Baltimorean and an old Colts/new Ravens fan (I was 16 when they left, so I remember the good teams of the mid-70s), I can acknowledge that most old Colts fans have never completely gotten over it (most of us still hate the Indianapolis Colts). However, most of us have also moved on because we have had 16 years of Ravens football to help fill the void.

The reality is that Baltimore and Cleveland fans both got screwed. The difference is that Cleveland fans knew within months that a new team named the Cleveland Browns would be arriving in three years and would have a new stadium to play in. Baltimore fans had no such assurances and had to wait 13 years (and a go through a flawed (rigged(?)) expansion process) before a new team arrived. Under those circumstances, it is hard to see how Cleveland fans think they were treated worse, though that often seems to be the case. My advice to Cleveland fans, as someone who has gone through the same experience, is to count your blessings at this point and move on.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived