Do the Browns ever wear brown?

Buffalo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And so begins another Cleveland Browns uniform thread.

You know, I hate "Cleve-jacking" as much as anyone. That said, it's gotten to the point where certain people overreact to any mention of anything that's even related to Cleveland. So tell me Curt, what are we Browns fans allowed to talk about?

BB52Big.jpg

I don't mind it, because it's a topic specifically about the Browns. Now had this been a Dallas Cowboys thread that got turned into a Browns thread, then THAT would be a case of Cleve-jacking.

Anyway I like what the Browns are doing this season. The white on white look seems, to me anyway, to be the iconic Browns uniform combo. It's what they should be wearing if they can help it.

You know, I hate "Cleve-jacking" as much as anyone. That said, it's gotten to the point where certain people overreact to any mention of anything that's even related to Cleveland. So tell me Curt, what are we Browns fans allowed to talk about?

The topic of their uniforms come up in no less than three threads each month -- and they ALWAYS come back to no logo on the helmet, their soiled brown pants, their Sipe-era gear, or that pic of Jeff Garcia in an orange jersey.

Really, what's left to say about their identity? It's all been done.

6uXNWAo.png

I've said that for a while.

It's a shame... because the Orange, Brown, White is a great, unique look.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well, they are named after a man, as opposed to the color.

This is the key. They are named for Paul Brown, not the color brown. The fact that brown is even one of their colors is a coincidence, because those allegedly were inspired by the feathers in a woman's hat seen on a bus at Bowling Green (whose colors are orange and brown). Basically, the Browns got their colors from a college, and were named after a man whose name happened to be one of those colors. Pure coincidence.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived