Do the Browns ever wear brown?

Buffalo

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Rams uniform ever...

d_jones_090421_blog.jpg

Absolute perfection. B)

1. I disagree. The Super Bowl XXXIV set was their best ever.

2. Lots of people on this board gush over that set.

1. That's fine.

2. I've been here for over six years. I've brought up that Rams set numerous times. Of those times, exactly two people have responded to tell me they like them. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I've never seen anyone "gush" over that set. I've seen a lot of people tell me I'm crazy because I like that set, but Johnny and another guy (can't recall his name) are the only two I've seen who have ever agreed with me.

BB52Big.jpg

d_jones_090421_blog.jpg

Absolute perfection. B)

1. That's fine.

2. I've been here for over six years. I've brought up that Rams set numerous times. Of those times, exactly two people have responded to tell me they like them. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying I've never seen anyone "gush" over that set. I've seen a lot of people tell me I'm crazy because I like that set, but Johnny and another guy (can't recall his name) are the only two I've seen who have ever agreed with me.

>>>>>>>

That would have been me.

The first year of the NFL-AFL merger in 1970 the BILLS first ever inter-conference home game was against the LA Rams, so I saw the those uniforms of theirs first-hand as my dad took me to that game. It was so surreal that day because that's when it hit me that we were now an NFL team.

Rams won 19-0, but it was so incredible seeing Buffalo play against an NFL team, that was at the old stadium on Buffalo's east side.

In addition, I also liked the Rams rarely seen blue jersey set when I saw them play on TV, and especially how the ram horns were applied to the helmet back then. I was told they looked more real than today (and angular) because back then they were painted on rather than using decals.

George Allen liked to wear the all-white both home & away, when Tommy Prothro came in a few years later he added the yellow, changed the navy to royal, and they began wearing the blue colored jerseys at the LA Coliseum home games.

Too bad ... I was never a fan of their royal & yellow combo

2165315.jpg

2237048.jpg

2165357.jpg

Well make me the fourth, that is just about as good as a football uniform can look. Those are among the best uniforms in NFL history, they are very striking and the helmet is perfect.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I also heard that the NFL was trying to push for Columbus instead of Jacksonville

That sounds like someone in the media with an incorrect number of chromosomes speculating. Why in the world would the NFL think freaking Ohio could support three teams?

Well we do support three teams pretty well - Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Ohio State. Just one happens to be a massive college team.

Manchester-City-icon.png

If the certificate really meant something, then people wouldn't have been as angry when the Browns left the city.

They were angry because all their players were going to Baltimore and they wouldn't have a Browns team to watch for three years.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If the certificate really meant something, then people wouldn't have been as angry when the Browns left the city.

They were angry because all their players were going to Baltimore and they wouldn't have a Browns team to watch for three years.

They still haven't gotten a new NFL team.

d_jones_090421_blog.jpg

Absolute perfection. B)

1. That's fine.

You may officially add me to the list of people who love that Rams uniform.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Wow this thread got st.louisjacked

I was wondering when the huge out cry would come because it was St. Louis "jacked". Oh well.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The jets never had a chance to win an NFL Championship that wasn't a super bowl, but congrats on those NFL titles in the 40's and 50's that nobody cares about, and the AAFC was a horrible league, only a few teams survived from it, and the Jets weren't created till the 60's. So basically the Browns still suck.

So, why exactly are titles won before the Super Bowl era considered the ones that 'nobody cares about?' Titles are titles, no matter when they happen, and there aren't a lot of teams that have 4 NFL titles. Congrats on that one NFL title in 1969 that nobody cares about.

I like to pronounce titles at tit-lees occasionally.

Wow this thread got st.louisjacked

We're still talking uniforms. Thankfully, no one is saying "It's a Rams thing. You just don't understand what it's like to be a fan of the old Rams uniforms." And there aren't any San Francisco Giants fans here saying they hate the uniform solely because it's a Los Angeles Rams uniform.

But other than that, yeah I suppose we did sort of hijack the thread. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All those championships in the 40s and 50s belong to the BALTIMORE RAVENS -- or did Mr. Modell hand those trophys over to Cleveland when he took the franchise with him to Baltimore?

My God this is weak...

Certain individuals are just trolling to troll. They have nothing to back them up except their on personal point of view...regardless of facts.

Indians_allcolors2-1.png

Indians_OleMiss2-1.png

IF ONE IS CONSIDERED RACIST, THEN BOTH MUST BE CONSIDERED RACIST.

BOTTOM LINE: NEITHER ONE IS RACIST.

Archived