Best jerseys for each NFL team?

JayMac

I am sure there has been some kind of thread like this before but I am just curious on everyone's input. I am not a big fan of white jerseys so if at all possible I am trying to make it like soccer where there are clash kits with two colored jerseys. There may be some jerseys where there has been so little change that a choice of a white jersey made be inevitable. I am also thinking of possible 3rd uniform set for some teams. The 3rd uniform set could be a set that was actually used. An example would be the Seahawks lime green jersey with navy pants, because I unlike most people, love that jersey. The 3rd set could be a hybrid of current and old sets. For example, I have seen on here a set with the old Bucs creamsicle jersey with the pewter pants. I am really interested to see everyone's choices. Pictures would be great. Thank you everyone.

Well, I'm always happy to post a Saints pic as everyone knows, and it's no news flash that my faves are their original '67 set:

p-556876-billy-kilmer-autographed-hand-signed-new-orleans-saints-8x10-photo-ape-kilmer-no-8x10.jpg

This is from '68 (note reversed helmet & pants stripes and lineman at center with original b/w/b pants stripes) but it's the same jersey .

pq70kilmer.jpg

My only tweak would be a gold/white/gold sleeve stripe as shown in this '66 concept painting by Dave Boss:

IMG_1155.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Tom_Brady_8-28-09_Patriots-vs-Redskins.jpg

Patriots current duds are the best they've ever worn. They're sharp unlike the old red unis and the brighter blue disasters they replaced. And they've got that winning touch to them after 3 Super Bowl wins in them.

I know you don't like white jerseys, but this has always been Miami's best look:

FiedlerSports_t440.jpg?9e2a24ba44807f8f9b96aad7c4082bf6ded075dc

Old School Dan Marino days. I love it, but I am partial to these. I think the Bears and Browns orange alternatives are decent, but the Dolphins are a masterpiece.

Orange-Jersey-Auction-2.jpg

spacer.png

I know you don't like white jerseys, but this has always been Miami's best look:

>>>>>>>

I gotta disagree with you on that one.

As much as I've hated this team more than any other for my entire life, I've always liked their aqua colored jersey.

Best thing about their white on white is that Buffalo was able to wear their blue home jerseys down there, unless it was on MNF.

Also, they look better with the aqua colored face-mask IMO

Patriots current duds are the best they've ever worn. They're sharp unlike the old red unis and the brighter blue disasters they replaced. And they've got that winning touch to them after 3 Super Bowl wins in them.

>>>>>>>

When NE went to the royal blue with the red jersey numbers I thought the look was superb! You may not like the initial change, same with others, but I don't believe they deserve to be referred to as disasters.

The BILLS 2002-2010 uniforms, now those were disasters! Both the home & away set.

2123330.jpg

>>>>>>>

I gotta disagree with you on that one.

As much as I've hated this team more than any other for my entire life, I've always liked their aqua colored jersey.

Best thing about their white on white is that Buffalo was able to wear their blue home jerseys down there, unless it was on MNF.

Also, they look better with the aqua colored face-mask IMO

>>>>>>>

When NE went to the royal blue with the red jersey numbers I thought the look was superb! You may not like the initial change, same with others, but I don't believe they deserve to be referred to as disasters.

The BILLS 2002-2010 uniforms, now those were disasters! Both the home & away set.

2123330.jpg

\

Best Patriot pants ever, no doubt.

The Patriots' current uniforms are clownsuits. These jerseys + the '93 pants would be the ideal look for the Pats.

image.jpg

Other favorites:

woodson2.jpg

Wait... you call the current Pats' look "clownsuits" then profess love for these two silly get-ups? Both of these jerseys have shoulder logos that can be seen from space! :P

Some of my personal favorites:

jake-plummer.jpg

- The AZ flag totally made it for me, as well as how well cardinal red and royal blue went together in that little sleeve trim. I grew up loving this uniform.

danfouts.jpg

- I prefer the Chargers in a blue helmet, and while I love the 90's set, the gold bolt and gold pants looked fantastic.

110666_feature.jpg

- OH NOES BLASPHEMY!! Yep, the Montana and current uniforms are okay, but the maroon and gold days looked best. The scheme was much close to an ideal western-y miner theme than what they have now and they executed the look well. I vastly prefer this look over anything the 49ers have ever worn.

3199794985_3b76b7e9bd.jpg

- The current Seahawks look is one that has actually..."shrank" on me - I loved it when it debuted, but it's since ran it's course to me. The royal and green always worked well in my opinion and I never thought this set had any flaws. The colors pop together, the helmet is well designed, and it looks very northwestern. With the Canucks bringing blue and green back as well as they have, I'd love to see Seattle give it a go.

I also second the '67 Saints both the '93 and late-'90's Patriots (can't decide which one I like better of the two).

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm not sure what you're asking; are you looking for the single best looks from the teams' histories? Or the two single best looks, if you're willing to add a 3rd set? And what does that have to do with clash jerseys?

Two single best looks, preferably both in color. That is my clash kit idea. I want as little white as possible. The third could be another historical set or a mix and match of sets.

Archived