Best Major League Sports Team of All Time?

Lebda4Norris

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to sound like a homer, but the 1995 Cleveland Indians who won 100 games in a 144 game shortened season. Not sure if there was a better baseball team. Sure it was a weak division, the Indians being the only team above .500, but they won the division by 30 games. They had Jim Thome and Manny Ramirez betting in the lower third of the line up that year. Six All-Stars...

Carlos Baerga

Kenny Lofton

Eddie Murray

Jim Thome

Manny Ramirez

Omar Vizquel

Sandy Alomar, Jr.

Tony Pena

Albert Belle

Paul Sorrento

Charles Nagy

Orel Hershieser

Jose Mesa

Juan Tavarez

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Not to sound like a homer, but the 1995 Cleveland Indians who won 100 games in a 144 game shortened season. Not sure if there was a better baseball team. Sure it was a weak division, the Indians being the only team above .500, but they won the division by 30 games. They had Jim Thome and Manny Ramirez betting in the lower third of the line up that year. Six All-Stars...

Carlos Baerga

Kenny Lofton

Eddie Murray

Jim Thome

Manny Ramirez

Omar Vizquel

Sandy Alomar, Jr.

Tony Pena

Albert Belle

Paul Sorrento

Charles Nagy

Orel Hershieser

Jose Mesa

Juan Tavarez

Just one problem...

THEY DIDN'T WIN THE WORLD SERIES!

I saw, I came, I left.

Winning the World Series isn't, nor should it be, a pre-condition for Best Team of Whatever. There are plenty of times when a team has won a championship and wasn't the best team, but they got a couple lucky bounces, a fortunate roll, a favorable call.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Carlos Baerga

Kenny Lofton

Eddie Murray

Jim Thome

Manny Ramirez

Omar Vizquel

Sandy Alomar, Jr.

Tony Pena

Albert Belle

Paul Sorrento

Charles Nagy

Orel Hershieser

Jose Mesa

Juan Tavarez

I let the second avatar in my sig speak for itself. :)

bannernigga3-1.jpeg

Click the Banner - Join the Movement!

Bannertop.jpeg

Winning the World Series isn't, nor should it be, a pre-condition for Best Team of Whatever. There are plenty of times when a team has won a championship and wasn't the best team, but they got a couple lucky bounces, a fortunate roll, a favorable call.

If that's the case, then I nominate the 2010-2011 Miami Heat. ^_^

They didn't even have the best record in their own conference, let alone the entire Association.

They didn't even have the best record in their own conference, let alone the entire Association.

This is exactly what I was going to say. That's not coming from a Cavaliers fan.

They held a Championship celebration before the season began. That has to count for something, right? :upside:

They held a Championship celebration before the season began. That has to count for something, right? :upside:

That was an intimate get together amongst close friends.

That was an intimate get together amongst close friends.

Not one... not two... not three...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

k161298_sisko-facepalm.gif

BB52Big.jpg

Archived