Tampa Bay Storm to unveil New Logo and Uniform

Gary

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you posted this, I meant to after I heard about it at the Lightning game on Saturday.

My gut feeling is that since the Lightning owns the Storm now, you may see some kind of similarity to the most recent Lightning identity change.

I like their current identity a lot right now. I mean sure it may be I am just use to it but my heart dropped when I saw the topic title. I hope it's good but I would rather they just stick with what they have. At the very least keep the color scheme...

Maybe they'll have a retro inspired identity :P

niagaraq.png

Because the clowns ruined the Bolts new look.

I fully believe they will ruin the Storm's new look.

Why they feel the need to :censored: up every logo/uni just to show they are the new folks in town is beyond me.

2ly2w09.jpg

Tampa is just a town full of change then.

Buccaneers' creamsicles --> red and pewter

Devil Rays rainbow colors --> Hunter green, blue, black --> Navy and light blue Devil Rays

Lightning Blue and Black --> Maple Leafs look a likes

Storm...?

Though, I will say that I think I prefer each team's current identity to those of the past. The Bucs look great, the Rays look classy, and the simplified Bolts is very appealing to me (despite the Maple Leafs inspiration).

Tampa is just a town full of change then.

Buccaneers' creamsicles --> red and pewter

Devil Rays rainbow colors --> Hunter green, blue, black --> Navy and light blue Devil Rays

Lightning Blue and Black --> Maple Leafs look a likes

Storm...?

Though, I will say that I think I prefer each team's current identity to those of the past. The Bucs look great, the Rays look classy, and the simplified Bolts is very appealing to me (despite the Maple Leafs inspiration).

Lightning are still blue and black, but nice try.

Clearly, but you wouldn't know that looking at their jerseys.

untitled_crop_340x234.jpg?

My stance has always held that while certain colors may or may not exist in logos or wordmarks, your "true" colors are those that you wear on your kit. They are the most visible aspects of your team. If you're not wearing it, it's not one of your main colors. A good example of this is that Manchester United's crest is primarily red and yellow with very minimal black stroke trim. Does that mean their colors are red and yellow? Nope, they're a red/white/black team as seen on their usual home kit. That's just the way colors work for me and how I identify the importance of colors to a team's identity.

The Storm were always kinda weird to me, uniformwise. Most gold-helmet teams look best with gold pants. The Storm, however, always looked weird when they wore anything but white pants.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Didn't realize this was a Lightning bashing thread.

Jesus.

Everyone here is simply commenting on their change of unis and primary colors, not bashing. Let's not jump the gun here.

Probably was directed more towards Legend rather than you.

SME Branding is doing the new Storm logos. Alot of their new stuff has been uninspired so dont get hopes up.

SME Branding did the Lightning identity, no surprise here.

I believe they also did the new Marlins "logo". Could be a storm of disappointment brewing for AFL fans in TB. Sorry for the lame pun lol.

Archived