Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering all that Paterno has accomplished throughout his career, I really don't want this to be his legacy.

it is unfortunate, but this is exactly the legacy Paterno created for himself.

He earned it. And then some. Don't come out with any self-serving pity about this guy's destroyed legend. This isn't about football. He contributed in ruining countless lives.

For whatever reason getting that across to some of these people in that area is unbelievably difficult.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well, this you can chalk up to "sports fans can be idiots.". They've bought the fiction that guys in their colors are always pure of heart, body and mind.

Usually, such willful blindness is amusing. Here, it's pathetic.

well done penn state students, you are now rallying IN FAVOR OF pedophilia. you are showing the freaking world(it's on CNN too) how :censored:ing stupid you are. well :censored:ing done.

Paterno is and was not ever a pedophile!

No, he just enabled and protected a pedophile, giving that pedophile a place to rape kids.

People love to throw around the word hero when when it comes to sports figures, but when Joe Patero had the chance to be a real hero and protected those young boys, he didn't. He along with many others at Penn State swept it under the rug to protect his legacy and what he built.

well done penn state students, you are now rallying IN FAVOR OF pedophilia. you are showing the freaking world(it's on CNN too) how :censored:ing stupid you are. well :censored:ing done.

No, he just enabled and protected a pedophile, giving that pedophile a place to rape kids.

He did not enable...he told his boss that a graduate student was put in an uncomfortable position..that is called following the chain of command. He did not break any law, yet you people throw him under the bus. Could he have done more? Sure. But to say that he is a pedophile is absolutely ridiculous. Until you have been in this type of situation, I feel that people should keep their mouth shut.

the guy was there in 2002, well after joepa knew. with that FACT, and the rumor he was there a few weeks ago, NOW what do you say? joe Paterno deserved to be fired, and honestly the big ten should expell penn state.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

He did not enable...he told his boss that a graduate student was put in an uncomfortable position..that is called following the chain of command. He did not break any law, yet you people throw him under the bus. Could he have done more? Sure. But to say that he is a pedophile is absolutely ridiculous. Until you have been in this type of situation, I feel that people should keep their mouth shut.

are you that naive? you think Joe Paterno had a boss at Penn State? (other than the Trustees) That's laughable. Joe Patero ran that campus.

I'm embarrassed to say I'm a Penn State alum today, which is sad because 99.9% of everyone there has ZERO to do with this.

-----------

If a week ago tonight, I told you all "Joe Paterno will be fired one week from today", could you have even possibly fathomed ANYTHING that would have led that to happen? Oy.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

There's no defense for Joe Paterno. None. No argument can be made. NONE.

Read the report. He had to know. He HAD TO KNOW.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

As was pointed out on a SiriusXM radio show tonight, at least pedophiles have the "excuse" of having mental issues. Enablers don't even have that.

JoePa, it occurs to me, is a miniature version of any number of charismatic dictators and despots throughout world history, who are able to rule through the cult of personality they have built. That cult is now storming the streets of University Park tonight. The only difference is that he only ruled over a university and not a whole country.

Consider this a coup d'etat.

CCSLC signature.png

Every news station is covering this. Even Ed "I'm trying really hard to be the left-wing Glenn Beck" Schultz is devoting his entire show to it. Stephen A. Smith is on his show right now.

Somehow, this brought up the question in my mind: did JoePa really know how serious the situation surrounding Sandusky and the coverup was? Did he fully comprehend it?

spacer.png

Is anyone calling him a pedophile? From what I've read and heard, this is not the case.

Is anyone calling him a pedophile? From what I've read and heard, this is not the case.

A lot of people are equating him with a pedophile, a view which I can understand, but don't agree with.

spacer.png

are you that naive? you think Joe Paterno had a boss at Penn State? (other than the Trustees) That's laughable. Joe Patero ran that campus.

His title was Head Coach not Athletic Director

spacer.png

you really don't have a clue

seriously, folks, is nuorder ribbing us? is he that naieve? he's gotta be trolling, right? EDIT: strap in kids, reports on twitter of TEAR GAS being used. this will NOT end well. be proud penn state!

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

His title may as well have been God. If paterno wanted to he would've gotten any AD fired he wanted. He WAS penn state.

There is no defense, I say again. You cannot defend this man.

twitter

And? This man was the most influential figure in State College. A title means nothing when a man has such a reputation as JoePa's. He had the power to report this and he failed to do so. He is most certainly not a pedophile, but he enabled one.

Archived