Say it ain't so, Joe

Viper

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
until you have been molested then you have no right to throw stones at people when all the information has not been released.

getting molested for credibility, brb

wpotd.png

Yes. Even worse than Dexter's.

6uXNWAo.png

until you have been molested then you have no right to throw stones at people when all the information has not been released.

I was placed in an uncomfortable position as a child and when I told a family member about it they did not take it to the cops. They took care of the situation within the family and that is where I am basing my knowledge of this information. Did I turn on my family member for not exposing this? No. In fact, I am glad they never did because the embarrassment would have been too bad.

that is a sad thing, but the man who put you in that uncomfortable position, and the people you told should have told the cops as well, that person deserves to be in jail. when people do nothing to stop child abuse/kidtouching, they actually ENABLE it. that is WRONG. i would expect you to agree with that........

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

I was placed in an uncomfortable position as a child and when I told a family member about it they did not take it to the cops. They took care of the situation within the family and that is where I am basing my knowledge of this information. Did I turn on my family member for not exposing this? No. In fact, I am glad they never did because the embarrassment would have been too bad.

that is a sad thing, but the man who put you in that uncomfortable position, and the people you told should have told the cops as well, that person deserves to be in jail. when people do nothing to stop child abuse/kidtouching, they actually ENABLE it. that is WRONG. i would expect you to agree with that........

I am not a fan of an enabler, I am just a fan of the truth.

the truth is joe paterno did nothing to stop this from happening, he didnt go to the cops, he should have gone to both the AD and the cops. for that, he is an enabler. THAT is my point. read the grand jury testimony and you'll agree

The Danimal said:

If I'd been in McQueary's place on that day in 2002, Sandusky wouldn't be the one going to prison. I would. For murdering Sandusky right there in the shower. They'd still be scraping bits of his brain matter off the tiles to this day.

CCSLC signature.png

If I'd been in McQueary's place on that day in 2002, Sandusky wouldn't be the one going to prison. I would. For murdering Sandusky right there in the shower. They'd still be scraping bits of his brain matter off the tiles to this day.

Me too...I am just torn guys. I loved Joe Paterno for so many years and now I am mad, confused and simply do not know what to think. A part of me thinks he did the right thing, while the other part of me believes he could do more. I know working in Law Enforcement, I cannot say he broke the law because he didn't and that is why I am torn. The law and ethics are a bitch!

Absolutely nothing Paterno did was "right". Nothing he did was technically illegal, but it was sure as hell far from "right". He sure as mother:censored:ing hell could've done more, like, oh I don't know, pick up the phone and dial 9-1-1 or drive to the Penn State Campus Police.

spacer.png

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/michael_mccann/11/09/joe.paterno/index.html?eref=sihp&sct=hp_t11_a7

Paterno, thankfully, can still face criminal chargers. Great read from SI.

Don't think that I'm on some death march against Paterno, either. Obviously Sandusky is the crux of this whole thing happening, but Papa Joe let it happen. For over a decade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Me too...I am just torn guys. I loved Joe Paterno for so many years and now I am mad, confused and simply do not know what to think. A part of me thinks he did the right thing, while the other part of me believes he could do more. I know working in Law Enforcement, I cannot say he broke the law because he didn't and that is why I am torn. The law and ethics are a bitch!

i wonder why i sound like a broken record for saying this again, but i will. PATERNO SHOULD HAVE CALLED THE COPS RIGHT AFTER HE TOLD HIS AD. he failed to do so, therefore he enabled chiuld molestation. that is SICK. he deserves what he gets.

The Danimal said:

Well that's it. Paterno is gone. So is the PSU president. The trustees put a bullet in both of their dying careers.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/11/09/SPNF1LT198.DTL

You know, if some of the rumors I've seen online are true, there had better be a mass resignation by the board of trustees at the end of this too.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

According to Black Shoe Diaries, a Penn State blog, Tim Curley and Mike McQueary are (somehow) still employed.

Well, Curley took a leave of absence right after he was charged. If they were going to fire him they would have done that right then, instead of granting his leave request.

As for McQueary, now that Paterno's gone and one of his assistants (Tom Bradley) has taken over, they can't afford to dump many more assistant coaches and still have a reasonably functional staff for the rest of the season.

CCSLC signature.png

According to Black Shoe Diaries, a Penn State blog, Tim Curley and Mike McQueary are (somehow) still employed.

No one is talking about Mike McQueary the way they should be. Cowardly treatment of a coward.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

well done penn state students, you are now rallying IN FAVOR OF pedophilia. you are showing the freaking world(it's on CNN too) how :censored:ing stupid you are. well :censored:ing done.

Paterno is and was not ever a pedophile!

No, he just enabled and protected a pedophile, giving that pedophile a place to rape kids.

He did not enable...he told his boss that a graduate student was put in an uncomfortable position..that is called following the chain of command. He did not break any law, yet you people throw him under the bus. Could he have done more? Sure. But to say that he is a pedophile is absolutely ridiculous. Until you have been in this type of situation, I feel that people should keep their mouth shut.

I don't need to have a pedophile in my organization to know that I wouldn't help him when discovered. Your suggestion is as ludicrous as it is disingenuous.

Did Paterno believe McQuery? He must have, since nobody would keep a vicious liar on his staff. So he knew that Sandusky was a pedophile.

Paterno also knew that Sandusky continued to run his program for boys, and did nothing. That's enabling. Sandusky was also allowed to use University facilities, and bring boys to them. That's sheltering.

Paterno, McQuerty and the others could have stopped this monster a decade ago. They chose not to, and countless other boys have been raped because of it. In what alternate universe is this defensible?

For now.

The hopes of the Common Sense world are that they are terminated at the very least by the end of the season, but in all reality they should be unemployed along with JoePa and Spanier. He has to have cut some sort of deal because he's a star witness in all of this.

edit: apparently the rioting crowd has hit a new low, there's a new term being floated around the mob: Getting "Sanduskied," I have no idea what that means but the fact is they are contemptuously and brazenly ignorant of the issues and are embracing the shame they're bringing to themselves, their peers, and their school.

A news station satellite truck has just been flipped, at least 1 lamp post was torn down. No fires. Yet.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived