Arena Football League

dcameronh

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Utah Blaze game, it appears that they added white (or gray?) trim to the numbers on their homes. Besides that, they still have pretty much the same look they had last year--black helmet, jersey, pants, and socks, with an orange stripe on the sides on the jersey and pants. Easily their best current look, and, possibly unpopular opinion here, one of their best all-time looks.*

Don't have any screenshots, but they'll be up soon.

*Keeping in mind that this is the Arena Football League, and the post-"big-time" Riddel-equipped one at that. Not to say that the previous incarnation had many good uniforms.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Arena football has lost its mind. :) Looks like all tradition is out the window in favor of every team going Oregon. I wonder if it helps recruiting?

Maybe they should spend just a little bit more on talent and stick with one solid uni set per team that they reuse over and over. Didn't we see a practice with the really old SaberCats unis being used?

So, every team has two sets of helmets now? No wonder they can't afford to give the players raises!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• 1 month later...

Cripes.

DavilaVsForce.jpg

Also, here's Philly's powder blue domes in action:

4-28-12_299.JPG

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The entire Arena Football League needs to kick Russell out and do something sensible. Those Rattlers away uniforms look hideous. Quite possibly one of the worst uniforms in Phoenix pro sports history.

That said, the matte Philly helmets look decent.

The entire Arena Football League needs to kick Russell out and do something sensible. Those Rattlers away uniforms look hideous. Quite possibly one of the worst uniforms in Phoenix pro sports history.

That said, the matte Philly helmets look decent.

I agree. They have gone from each team with their own identity to becoming a template jersey only league. Each team should get their own provider. But there's a reason they use Russell. Because its all they can afford.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Cripes.

DavilaVsForce.jpg

Which team is in black here? The useless blue side stripe mis-matches right into the pant stripe. Take that side stripe out and it'll improve it.

That would be Georgia.

I believe that the VooDoo are one of the few teams with a single helmet. Too bad the unis suck. My brother-in-law works as an athletic trainer for VooDoo games (his employer in contracted), and he brought me a set of authentic helmet decals this past weekend. I'm pretty pumped.

gYH2mW9.png

Here is the new Rattlers logo for this year. There is another one that is shown in the Rattlers new uniform thread here. Anyone got anymore new logos for this AFL year? Can we get a 2012 update to the AFL logos on the CCSL website?

rattlers-560x315.jpgArizonaRattlers.PNG

Extremely disappointed. I thought the Rattlers nailed it with their very first helmet and logo designs. They had one of the best sets in all of sports. When you get it right, I don't think there's any reason to change it (aside from minor tweaks here and there). I'm surprised Russell didn't get rid of the point on the left and lower right sides of the R to match their own identity. (And speaking of which, why change only the open curve of the R? Why leave the rest angular? The more I look at it the more it looks like two different R's mashed together...)

20120417_050544.jpg

They're wearing graphite socks with the graphite pants. Of course they are.

Archived