Hypothetical NFL Franchise Rebrand

Claystation360

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SEAHAWKS: Time for them to look like a respectable, professional franchise again.

2649837565_d433573b33.jpg

kennedy_celebrates.JPG

RAMS: No more dark, dull Arena uniforms. They ALSO need to look respectable and professional again.

st-louis-rams-robert-holcombe-45-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43560-p.jpgst-louis-rams-ricky-proehl-21-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43559-p.jpg

The first thing I thought of when you said "dark, dull Arena uniforms" was the KingDome era Seahawks. I honestly don't understand the sudden love for those and the subsequent hate for the current unis which... while not perfect... definitely do a better job of visually conveying the 'Hawks as "The Pacific Northwest's Team" than their old ones.

As a lifelong resident of Washington, I have to disagree. The silver of the old pants and helmet were a good representation of the silvery-gray Seattle skies, and the old blue and green did well to represent the surrounding environment of the Puget Sound area.

As for the current unis, I admit the dark blue also works fairly well, but not in the crazy monochrome capacity they use for home games. It just looks terrible, and the white jersey/white pants together with the dark navy blue helmet on the road looks horribly awkward. And regarding that neon green...well, let's just say that most Seahawks fans here in the northwest look at it the same way that the majority of longtime Mets' fans look at the black in their uniforms.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

They just look better with a blue helmet, and I prefer this look over the (plug your ears, Lights Out! :P) powder blue any day.

BOOOOOO! B)

In all seriousness, I do like the Fouts-era look, but the powder blue is better hands down. It seems to me that a large majority of the Chargers' fanbase feels the same way.

Powder blue is distinctive, classy, and the quintessential Chargers aesthetic.

To each their own :) I just, for whatever reason, have never really liked powder and gold together (same goes for the Denver Nuggets). It's just me though - powder can go great with darker blues, purples, greens, even reds from time to time. I just have never liked it paired with gold, for whatever reason. While I agree that the powder/gold it is certainly the aesthetic that primarily comes to mind when thinking of the Chargers, I just think the darker blues and gold went so much better together, and that they were balanced best in the Fouts era set. And while I don't necessarily hate the white helmet, that royal helmet with the gold bolt and facemask was just a thing of beauty.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

A couple more thoughts...

49ERS: I really think these were their best uniforms:

PatrickWillis.jpg

The only change I'd make to them before bringing them back is to take the logo off the sleeves.

CARDINALS: Ditch the ugly modern uniforms and make this the helmet:

Xh7Zo.png

TEXANS: I'd like to see them somehow work the Texas flag into their uniforms.

nunst070.gif

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I agree with the 49ers, disagree with the Cardinals because i love their look, but they definitely need a red facemask, and finally I think the Texans set is perfect the way it is.

Texans are far from perfect but too new to mess with... the Houston unis are pretty lame.

I love their away set with the jersey and blue pants...and then their red jerseys, beautiful to say the least.

yeah maybe the roads, but the look is so played out. they should have chosen a UNIQUE color scheme and it would be SO MUCH BETTER... opportunity LOST (just like Schaub's season)

I too prefer the 90s Niners uniforms. It was a perfectly tasteful way to add black (to a color scheme black works well with, at that) and it had a historical precedent to it.

As far as the Texans, I think they should ditch navy in favor of "luv ya" blue. A full decade in, I just can't see navy and red as an allusion to Houston football. It also wouldn't look awkward when the camera pans into the stands and shows fans wearing Oilers throwback gear.

Aside from the obvious Chargers rebrand idea, here's some general league ideas.

COLTS: Firstly, bring the blue facemasks back. They looked so much better than bland gray.

P_FT_H_F_AT_OL_Colts95-03.jpg

Secondly, bring back blue pants on the road.

237350_display_image.jpg

Finally, I might be the only one, but I liked the horseshoe with the number on their pants from the '80s. Bring it back!

LIONS: As much as I liked their BFBS uniforms, black just isn't working anymore in their identity. Bring back the Barry Sanders look (with updated Bubbles logo), blue pants and all!

medium_040804-barry-sanders-cuts-back.jpg

SEAHAWKS: Time for them to look like a respectable, professional franchise again.

2649837565_d433573b33.jpg

kennedy_celebrates.JPG

RAMS: No more dark, dull Arena uniforms. They ALSO need to look respectable and professional again.

st-louis-rams-robert-holcombe-45-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43560-p.jpgst-louis-rams-ricky-proehl-21-skybox-metal-universe-1999-nfl-trading-card-43559-p.jpg

PATRIOTS: Late-'90s jerseys, 1993 pants.

Who the hell is this guy and what did he do to uber-crazy Lights Out? ;)

A couple more thoughts...

49ERS: I really think these were their best uniforms:

PatrickWillis.jpg

The only change I'd make to them before bringing them back is to take the logo off the sleeves.

CARDINALS: Ditch the ugly modern uniforms and make this the helmet:

Xh7Zo.png

TEXANS: I'd like to see them somehow work the Texas flag into their uniforms.

nunst070.gif

Ahh... there he is! :P

How did a thread about rebranding turn into another "they need to bring back..." thread?

Bringing back old uniforms is NOT rebranding... and just about as far away from what the Marlins just did as possible.

(And you know me, I'm all for bringing back old NFL uniforms... Vikings, Falcons, Rams, Seahawks, Eagles, Jags, Chargers, Broncos... they ALL looked better in the past. But I just don't think this is what the OP was asking.)

Buffalo Bills - No rebrand

Baltimore Ravens - I'd keep the color scheme (if you don't think purple and black don't scream "Raven" or "Edgar Allen Poe" then there's somethin' wrong with ya), but do something with the logo.

Houston Texans - Leave alone.... for now. Come back in about 10-15 years.

Denver Broncos - Other than the orange jerseys as the home (which will be happening anyway) maybe change that logo or tweek it. Modernize the old logo like everyone else seems to be doing.

Miami Dolphins - No rebrand

Cincinnati Bengals - Keep the overal scheme, but lose the white stripes on the side.

Indianapolis Colts - blue masks. Enough of this damn grey trend. Other than that, the Colts are untouchable.

Kansas City Chiefs - No rebrand

New England Patriots - New overall uniforms. Helmet, jersey, numbers, pants... call me crazy, but keep the Flying Elvis.

Cleveland Browns - Put that 'Football-B' logo on the helmets (DON'T SHOOT!)

Jacksonville Jaguars - go back to the way it was before they were ruined.

Oakland Raiders - New logo. Or at least a touch up.

New York Jets - No rebrand

Pittsburgh Steelers - No rebrand

Tennessee Titans - New (or at least tweeked)logo AND unis.

San Diego Chargers - No rebrand. Don't touch... yeah I said it. LEAVE EM ALONE.

Dallas Cowboys - Just match the colors and nothing else.

Chicago Bears - No rebrand.

Atlanta Falcons - ...eh, do something with the unis. Personally, I don't like em or hate em. But I have the feeling they'll change soon anyway.

Arizona Cardinals - (See the Indianapois Colts). Don't mind the overall look.

New York Giants - No rebrand.

Detroit Lions - Go back to the Sanders era stripes... but ONLY for the helmet and pants. Other than that, it's ok.

Carolina Panthers - At least one new color, new logo, and unis.

St. Louis Rams - New uniforms except the helmet, of course.

Philadelphia Eagles - Don't give a damn.

Green Bay Packers - No rebrand.

New Orleans Saints - match the colors

San Francisco 49ers - ... go back to what you had, but not overboard on the black.

Washington Redskins - Helmet and yellow pants.

Minnesota Vikings - Meh...

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Retouch Bucco Bruce.

Seattle Seahawks - change the uniforms, but don't change the colors. Maybe add SOME silver...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I'm with oldschoolvikings.

This was supposed to be a rebrand for teams that could use something.

Not bringing back old looks of every team.

Clearly not every team needs a refreshing of colors, in fact most don't. I liked this thread idea.

2ly2w09.jpg

I could not resist a couple of "go back in time" statements...(though I'd have a lot of "go back in times comments; particularly for the vikes).

I guess the only overhaul I'd like to see is Carolina...just some suggested changes for some others.

Buffalo Bills - I wish they'd have used a red helmet

Miami Dolphins - I'd like to see them simplify...maybe lose the dropshadowing and one color.

Cincinnati Bengals - Just go back in time...they had a great set from 1981 until the current mess.

Indianapolis Colts - Blue facemasks. Blue road pants.

Kansas City Chiefs - Try to get the black off of the helmet.

Arizona Cardinals - Red facemasks.

Detroit Lions - Ditch the black

Carolina Panthers - I could go for an overhaul here. I've never liked much about their look. New helmet logo and sleeve/shoulder stripes.

Philadelphia Eagles - Kelly green and gray...great/underused color scheme

New Orleans Saints - Black helmets

San Francisco 49ers - ... Gold outlines on the numbers. Gold is a team color; embrace it on the jersey.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think the silver helmets look "cheap" just like a silver car.

article-0-09D83876000005DC-111_634x313.jpg

It is a matter of personal opinion. When I went to buy a new car last year I thought about buying a Metallic Silver, but after further review, I decided that that color looked like a thin coat of paint put on the primer of a car.

What I did not buy:

Toyota%5CCorolla%5C2011%5C7368_cc0480_032_1F7.jpg

What I bought:

44222611.jpg

spacer.png

Archived