Thanksgiving NFL Uniforms

rmackman

I can't understand why people think the (Dolphins') current set with navy trim is better.

This is what baffles me so much. I did a tweak for Uniwatch about 2 years ago where I recolorized the current 'Phins logo to take the navy out. It was reflected on the uniforms also, where I redesigned them to look somewhat the way they did in the 70's and 80's. I got damn-near vilified by users on there, saying I should have my eyesight taken away, computer smashed, etc. It was a simple redesign, much like what the Bills just did, but because it didn't have the navy, it was horribad.

The Dolphins are a team with tradition.....most of it was when their unis were simply two colors. But they haven't look like the Dolphins to me in 15 years. I hope one day they will drop the navy. I can only dream though.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was it snow or sleet? Or both? Seems like I remember it being sleet.

Here are some photos from today's Sun-Sentinel from the Dallas-Miami snow game in '93

66183711.jpg

What's odd is, if you look at the shoulder numbers on Terry Kirby and Pete Stoyanovich, they're spaced really far apart. I guess when teams used to heat press the numbers on, there were a lot of inconsistencies.

No it was definitely a light snow.

Those were such good looking Dolphin uniforms. I can't understand why people think their current set with navy trim is better. These were clean and amazing.

It all comes down to the logo, I think. Whatever your thoughts are regarding the navy, the logo that came with it is a clear improvement over the logos that came before it. It's not just a matter of the new logo being more "aggressive" either. The current logo, the one introduced with the navy, is just cleaner.

was it snow or sleet? Or both? Seems like I remember it being sleet.

Here are some photos from today's Sun-Sentinel from the Dallas-Miami snow game in '93

66183711.jpg

What's odd is, if you look at the shoulder numbers on Terry Kirby and Pete Stoyanovich, they're spaced really far apart. I guess when teams used to heat press the numbers on, there were a lot of inconsistencies.

No it was definitely a light snow.

Those were such good looking Dolphin uniforms. I can't understand why people think their current set with navy trim is better. These were clean and amazing.

It all comes down to the logo, I think. Whatever your thoughts are regarding the navy, the logo that came with it is a clear improvement over the logos that came before it. It's not just a matter of the new logo being more "aggressive" either. The current logo, the one introduced with the navy, is just cleaner.

I can see that a little bit. Maybe use the current logo BUT use a darker shade of teal/aqua instead of a completely foreign navy blue. Then keep the unis as seen in the photo. Would give it some nice dimension but not a full on outline, etc.

The modern unis look SO much better than the practice jerseys.

Maybe that's why it is their primary and this is only worn once a year. Geeeeesh.....let the Lions enjoy their one-day throwback without people bashing it. Seriously, it's one game.

You guys are acting like the Lions have always worn throwbacks on Thanksgiving. That's a fairly recent tradition and it hasn't even been executed every year since it started.

My memories of thanksgivings as a kid are filled with images of Barry Sanders in the Lions normal uniforms.

I prefer the modern uniforms as it is, but I think we could all benefit from the throwback craze being dialed back a bit.

Not related: one day I hope I get to see the Bengals play on Thanksgiving.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Lions should be wearing modern's over the Raiders-esque throwbacks.

I understand tradition, but there's just no flavor to that look at all.

See, I think the Lions should've went throwback, but with a different throwback set to mix things up. As I posted earlier, I think the Night Train Lane era uniforms would be fantastic. Much more to them than the '57 set, while still maintaining a classic throwback look.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The Lions did it on their own. They've hosted thanksgiving day games since the 1930s, when teams set their own schedules. The Lions invented Thanksgiving Day games, which is why I was never in favor of taking them away during Detroit's lean years.

Packers used to be their traditional opponent in the 1950s and 60s, but Lombardi got tired of the short weeks and put an end to it.

I really like these Cowboys throwbacks.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived