Thanksgiving NFL Uniforms

rmackman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

those pants look more yellow than gold.

Yes, we have been through this many times, and the sides aren't going to come to an agreement. The Packers and many other sports teams wear a slightly orangey yellow and call it athletic gold. I maintain teams starting calling it atheltic gold because yellow didn't sound as distinguished or tough, while others make some silly claim that the color is actually closer to gold (like the Saints and 49ers helmets) than to yellow.

Or it could be that "gold" refers to the color between orange and yellow, and has for centuries. :P

I have a feeling we're gonna see the 'Boys and Lions continue to wear their throwbacks. They had the tradition last decade and stopped for some reason a few years ago. Now I think it's back to stay....

Lions wear their 50's throwbacks against the Packers who may wear their Acme Packer gear (.... to some, sorry.)

Cowboys wear their 60's throwback(ish) uniforms against the Dolphins, who'll come in with their 17-0 season unis.

That's what I'm thinkin'.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

was it snow or sleet? Or both? Seems like I remember it being sleet.

Here are some photos from today's Sun-Sentinel from the Dallas-Miami snow game in '93

66183711.jpg

254997160-18115600.jpg

249990860-18115605.jpg

251549960-18115607.jpg

What's odd is, if you look at the shoulder numbers on Terry Kirby and Pete Stoyanovich, they're spaced really far apart. I guess when teams used to heat press the numbers on, there were a lot of inconsistencies.

No it was definitely a light snow.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here are some photos from today's Sun-Sentinel from the Dallas-Miami snow game in '93

66183711.jpg

254997160-18115600.jpg

249990860-18115605.jpg

251549960-18115607.jpg

What's odd is, if you look at the shoulder numbers on Terry Kirby and Pete Stoyanovich, they're spaced really far apart. I guess when teams used to heat press the numbers on, there were a lot of inconsistencies.

No sir... It was indeed a SLEET storm... not snow... I know it looks strange with inches of it on the field, but I have no doubt it was a sleet storm.

Lions wear their 50's throwbacks against the Packers who may wear their Acme Packer gear (.... to some, sorry.)

Cowboys wear their 60's throwback(ish) uniforms against the Dolphins, who'll come in with their 17-0 season unis.

That's what I'm thinkin'.

A blue vs. blue matchup has a 0% chance of happening.

Also, highly doubt your Cowboys/Dolphins prediction.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

66183711.jpg

Those were such good looking Dolphin uniforms. I can't understand why people think their current set with navy trim is better. These were clean and amazing.

66183711.jpg

Those were such good looking Dolphin uniforms. I can't understand why people think their current set with navy trim is better. These were clean and amazing.

Is it strange that I think these Dolphin uniforms always look coolest against the snow?

Archived