Thanksgiving NFL Uniforms

rmackman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With how throwbacks are no longer throwbacks since it seems so many teams use them as their current set or current alternate set, it doesn't even matter really.

And Green Bay just invented a throwback last season, stupid since their current set is pretty classic, which is awful.

So I have no idea how they'd do it for most teams. I loved the idea and wish they still would. But they are souring the idea of throwbacks with so many teams just reverting to old unis or using them alot killing the throwback cool factor they had.

2ly2w09.jpg

Here are some photos from today's Sun-Sentinel from the Dallas-Miami snow game in '93

66183711.jpg

254997160-18115600.jpg

249990860-18115605.jpg

251549960-18115607.jpg

What's odd is, if you look at the shoulder numbers on Terry Kirby and Pete Stoyanovich, they're spaced really far apart. I guess when teams used to heat press the numbers on, there were a lot of inconsistencies.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

But I'd be all for the Packers reintroducing the 1994 (1936) throwbacks for thanksgiving, only with matching pants and jerseys that use the Titans template (opposed to the one they used in 1994, which is closer to what the Cowboys use on their current throwbacks). I know they have to wait a few years to replace the "Powerball" jerseys, but I think it would be a fitting tribute to ol' Curly for the team to reintroduce the classic Lambeau-era look as a permanent alternate.

1946, not 1936. '36 was green and gold.

What specifically were you thinking for pants? Plain gold would be historically accurate.

But I agree - Curly's classic would make an excellent alt.

The throwbacks in 94 had athletic yellow helmets (just the normal helmets with the decals removed), but had khaki pants. I imagine the pants they wore in 46 were khaki and not yellow.

oc665.jpg

OldRomanSig2.jpg

But I'd be all for the Packers reintroducing the 1994 (1936) throwbacks for thanksgiving, only with matching pants and jerseys that use the Titans template (opposed to the one they used in 1994, which is closer to what the Cowboys use on their current throwbacks). I know they have to wait a few years to replace the "Powerball" jerseys, but I think it would be a fitting tribute to ol' Curly for the team to reintroduce the classic Lambeau-era look as a permanent alternate.

What specifically were you thinking for pants? Plain gold would be historically accurate.

The throwbacks in 94 had athletic yellow helmets (just the normal helmets with the decals removed), but had khaki pants. I imagine the pants they wore in 46 were khaki and not yellow.

oc665.jpg

Nope - in 1946, the Packers wore athletic gold pants (they started moving away from canvas-colored pants in 1932). But the '46 pants were often made out of different types of materials, some of which looked a bit tannish.

hutson_lambeau.jpg

I'm guessing that's where the khaki came from for the '94 throwbacks. That or bad color reproduction. Back then uniform research just wasn't was what it is now.

was it snow or sleet? Or both? Seems like I remember it being sleet.

Here are some photos from today's Sun-Sentinel from the Dallas-Miami snow game in '93

66183711.jpg

254997160-18115600.jpg

249990860-18115605.jpg

251549960-18115607.jpg

What's odd is, if you look at the shoulder numbers on Terry Kirby and Pete Stoyanovich, they're spaced really far apart. I guess when teams used to heat press the numbers on, there were a lot of inconsistencies.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

The Lions will be in their alternate uniform and possibly the Cowboys as well. That should be all.

The Lions' throwbacks aren't part of their uniform set anymore, but who knows? Seems as if teams pull these things out of their collective behinds at a whim.

I don't know what to believe anymore.

oc665.jpg

Nope - in 1946, the Packers wore athletic gold pants (they started moving away from canvas-colored pants in 1932). But the '46 pants were often made out of different types of materials, some of which looked a bit tannish.

hutson_lambeau.jpg

I'm guessing that's where the khaki came from for the '94 throwbacks. That or bad color reproduction. Back then uniform research just wasn't was what it is now.

those pants look more yellow than gold.

was it snow or sleet? Or both? Seems like I remember it being sleet.

66183711.jpg

254997160-18115600.jpg

249990860-18115605.jpg

251549960-18115607.jpg

looking back at those photos I'm almost shocked to think that the aqua was so light back then.

those pants look more yellow than gold.

Yes, we have been through this many times, and the sides aren't going to come to an agreement. The Packers and many other sports teams wear a slightly orangey yellow and call it athletic gold. I maintain teams starting calling it atheltic gold because yellow didn't sound as distinguished or tough, while others make some silly claim that the color is actually closer to gold (like the Saints and 49ers helmets) than to yellow.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived