The NFL: "My Way"

mbannon92

Alright, I changed the Panthers home pants to white, and I think it looks better.

Also, here's a new Saints alternate set. For big-time prime-time games.

NO Alt

Went with a matte black helmet and no white anywhere (except where it's necessary i.e. socks, shoes). Sublimated striping simplifies the set a lot, similar to the current set.

C&C on the changes and originals, please!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC West

Denver Broncos: Home Road Alt

The Orange Crush are back in a uniform set that combines eras. The current logo and font are featured on the commonly used (in concepts) mid-60s uniforms and the 70s-90s helmet. The alternate features a navy jersey to honor the two Super Bowl teams.

Kansas City Chiefs: Home Road Alt Logos

I wanted to give the Chiefs a whole new look that still has somewhat of a simple, timeless feel. I started with the logo, a streamlined, slanted arrowhead with a similar, but cleaner font than the current logo. I also removed the black outline and added yellow. The uniforms are fairly simple, but liven up the look a little. The sleeve stripes are tapered to match the top of the arrowhead logo, and a simple two-stripe pattern on the pants completes the look. I also made a slightly modified version of the AFL patch.

Oakland Raiders: Home Road Alt

Not many changes to the home and road. Added a single shoulder stripe to liven up the jerseys a little and went with the silver numbers on the road. The alt, however, is quite Nikefied, featuring an all-black look with anthracite accents, a matte black helmet, and reflective silver number outlines and NOBs.

San Diego Chargers: Home Road Alt

What else but returning to the powder blues!!! I kept the Agency number font and navy accents, but changed up the bolt stripes. The jersey and pants both feature a thick, straight bolt, and the jersey bolts were moved to the sleeves. The alternate is a Fouts-era throwback in the same fashion as the current alt (retaining the same design, but with different colors). Also, as an aside, the classic horse and shield logo would return as the primary, updated to match the new style and color scheme.

AFC West

The Orange Crush are back in a uniform set that combines eras. The current logo and font are featured on the commonly used (in concepts) mid-60s uniforms and the 70s-90s helmet. The alternate features a navy jersey to honor the two Super Bowl teams.

I wanted to give the Chiefs a whole new look that still has somewhat of a simple, timeless feel. I started with the logo, a streamlined, slanted arrowhead with a similar, but cleaner font than the current logo. I also removed the black outline and added yellow. The uniforms are fairly simple, but liven up the look a little. The sleeve stripes are tapered to match the top of the arrowhead logo, and a simple two-stripe pattern on the pants completes the look. I also made a slightly modified version of the AFL patch.

Not many changes to the home and road. Added a single shoulder stripe to liven up the jerseys a little and went with the silver numbers on the road. The alt, however, is quite Nikefied, featuring an all-black look with anthracite accents, a matte black helmet, and reflective silver number outlines and NOBs.

What else but returning to the powder blues!!! I kept the Agency number font and navy accents, but changed up the bolt stripes. The jersey and pants both feature a thick, straight bolt, and the jersey bolts were moved to the sleeves. The alternate is a Fouts-era throwback in the same fashion as the current alt (retaining the same design, but with different colors). Also, as an aside, the classic horse and shield logo would return as the primary, updated to match the new style and color scheme.

the all black raiders alt looks disgusting! in a good way.

Broncos are fine for what your after. Retro feel.

Not a fan of the logo too much. It just is begging for a black line.

Id drop the shoulder stripe for Oakland. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE the alternate.

Especially on this template, the "containers" for bolts on the pants and jerseys are just abysmal.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I love the Broncos... just about perfect. I would like a different number font, however. I like some of the numerals in the current number font, but the 6,8, and 9 don't seem to go very well with the rest.

IUe6Hvh.png

Broncos: Looks nice. As someone who likes when teams have lots of combinations, I would be tempted to add a blue pants option for all three of the jerseys that you have.

Chiefs: Use yellow in place of black but with the current arrowhead. And although they do it now, they are one team that looks horrible in monochrome white. I'm not sure how I feel about colored sleeves.

Raiders: Looks awesome.

Chargers: Nice concept. Oddly, as someone who hated the Chargers in navy helmets, that alternate is hands down my favorite concept from this thread.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

So, as many of you may remember, last fall I redesigned the entire NFL based on what I thought Nike might do in 2012. However, since then I've improved a lot, and looking back I felt that I could do a lot better. So, I decided to do another Nike NFL redesign, but this time I channeled my inner Sinatra and did it "my way." Essentially, I approached this project as if I had complete control over every aspect of the uniforms for every team. So, some traditional teams kept traditional looks while some were brought into the 21st century, some modern teams turned back the clock, and others simply in need of a makeover were given one. To give you all an idea of my thinking, here's a list of rules/changes I put into place:

- Every team uses the same template, which combines features from the Pro Combat and "next best" Nike templates (the one that Stanford, OU, Georgia, and Florida use, among others).

- NO FLYWIRE (yes, I'm looking at you Speed Machine template).

- Nike logo above the NOB, to get it out of the way and prevent team logos from popping up there (one of my biggest pet peeves)

- ONLY 3 combinations for each team: home, road, and an alternate to be worn up to 2 times per year. I did this to simplify and solidify the looks of each team.

- Teams are allowed to have an alternate helmet design for the alternate uniform set.

- No leotard looks (for the most part).

- Bigger wordmarks on the front of jerseys (because what's the point of having them if you can barely see them).

So, without further adieu, here are the teams posted by division:

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: Home Road Alt

Miami Dolphins: Home Road Alt

New England Patriots: Home Road Alt

New York Jets: Home Road Alt

NFC East

Dallas Cowboys: Home "Road" Alt

New York Giants: Home Road Alt

Philadelphia Eagles: Home Road Alt

Washington Redskins: Home Road Alt Logos

AFC North

Baltimore Ravens: Home Road Alt

Cincinnati Bengals: Home Road Alt

Cleveland Browns: Home Road Alt

Pittsburgh Steelers: Home Road Alt

NFC North

Chicago Bears: Home Road Alt

Detroit Lions: Home Road Alt

Green Bay Packers: Home Road Alt

Minnesota Vikings: Home Road Alt

AFC South

Houston Texans: Home Away Alt

Indianapolis Colts: Home Away Alt

Jacksonville Jaguars: Home Away Alt

Tennessee Titans: Home Away Alt

NFC South

Atlanta Falcons: Home Road Alt

Carolina Panthers: Home Road Alt

New Orleans Saints: Home Road Alt

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Home Road Alt

AFC West

I CAN'T FIND THE NFC WEST!!! WHERE ARE THE 49'ERS, RAMS, CARDNIALS... AND MY SEAHAWKS!?!?

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

I CAN'T FIND THE NFC WEST!!! WHERE ARE THE 49'ERS, RAMS, CARDNIALS... AND MY SEAHAWKS!?!?

He hasn't posted them yet, so chill out.

Honestly, you should do them last now.

He already is doing them last.. It's the only division left!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Here we go, last but not least...

NFC West

Arizona Cardinals: Home Road Alt

I wanted to give the Cards a more classic look. I did the predictable and added a sublimated AZ flag to the sleeves, and gave the jerseys contrasting collars and cuffs with black trim. The pants stripe mimics the collar and cuffs. Also, I got rid of the much maligned gray facemask, changing it to red. The alternate is a complete storm trooper look with the AZ flag in its true colors, a tribute to the early 2000s look.

San Francisco 49ers: Home Road Alt

Not much to say about San Fran. Fixed the sleeve stripes and added stripes to the socks. The alt is a throwback to their 1994 75th anniversary throwbacks.

Seattle Seahawks: Home Road Alt

The Seahawks got a major overhaul. The primary color (formerly navy) is now a darkened version of the now former Seahawk blue...almost a combination of navy and Seahawk blue. The two secondary colors are a more neon lime green (found in the bottom half of the logo) and a medium gray with a slight blue tint. In terms of the unis, I had to bring back the logo/sleeve stripe look. I mimicked the striping pattern on the pants. I also whipped up a custom number font that reflects the wordmark. The alternate is uniform is gray with blue helmet and pants.

St. Louis Rams: Home Road Alt

Had to return to royal and yellow for the Rams. I added white trim to the horns to match the logo. I would have liked a full horn on the sleeve, but there's just not room, so I went with a similar stripe to their current set, which is also reflected in the pants stripe. The road sleeves are blue with a yellow stripe, the opposite of the classic Rams unis of the past, to maintain consistency. The alts are an early 50s throwback (which, like the Niners, the Rams wore in '94).

This is probably your strongest batch yet.

Cardinals: Awesome concept. You used the perfect amount of black. And that alternate is awesome! My only suggestion would be to go with a white face mask so you wouldn't have to have two different helmets with the only difference being face mask color.

49ers: Perfect concept. Really no complaints.

Seahawks: I love the current Seahawks look, and whenever I see concepts with them in silver helmets and pants, I think it looks bland. I'm not a fan of the alternate look, though.

Rams: Once again, perfection.

I'm really going to miss this series, fantastic job.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

I'm not a fan of that Seahawk concept. The blue-ish silver looks off, make the full switch to silver and you'd have a better looking concept IMO. Still well done work. The Arizona alt is beautiful tho!

teams.gif

Someone be a World Champ, please!

Fantasy Football Keeper League.....PM me if you want to join!!

Archived