New Minnesota Golden Gophers Helmet/Uniform

stumpygremlin

Nice simple uniform. Good for Minnesota. Not Digging the black facemask, but that's about all.

Same here. The black facemask is unnecessary, but it doesn't look terrible either. Really, it's not a bad set. As long as they don't start wearing the Nike-mandated black and/or silver uniforms, these will be just fine.

The black facemask only looks good with the white jersey since the numbers and collar are black. Maybe they'll change the facemask each week to match the uniform.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only nitpicks are the black facemask and the double-outlined "M" on the helmet, but all in all a very nice look.

I agree. I love the solid numbers but don't like the outlined M. Since I've seen that M for a while, my guess is that is their brand but it would look much cleaner with no outline.

"These are way too over the top! NIKE is out of control!" - Nike Grass Throwers.

I don't think anyone's saying that, mainly because these are far out of the ordinary compared to all of the bat :censored: craziness that Nike has put out in recent years.

That was the point man. I guess these things get lost in text.

90758391980.gif

Nice simple uniform. Good for Minnesota. Not Digging the black facemask, but that's about all.

Same here. The black facemask is unnecessary, but it doesn't look terrible either. Really, it's not a bad set. As long as they don't start wearing the Nike-mandated black and/or silver uniforms, these will be just fine.

The black facemask only looks good with the white jersey since the numbers and collar are black. Maybe they'll change the facemask each week to match the uniform.

The numbers/collar on the white jersey are maroon, not black.

I really like these, even with the black facemask. If I had my druthers though, I'd set the maroon/gold combo as the permanent home uni and the white/maroon as the road.

The numbers/collar on the white jersey are maroon, not black.

I really like these, even with the black facemask. If I had my druthers though, I'd set the maroon/gold combo as the permanent home uni and the white/maroon as the road.

My bad. They looked black to me.

So the only black is the facemask? Weird. No reason not to just make it maroon.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I think my biggest gripe with Nike's recent uniform redesigns is the insistence on mix-and-match. Just because you can have three pairs of pants doesn't mean you need three pairs of pants- it dilutes the brand (especially the white pair). Kudos to Nike though for not insisting on multiple helmets (though I wouldn't be surprised to see the Golden Gophers bust out a white or gold helmet at some point next season, hopefully not). Also agree with the sentiments regarding the black facemask and double-outlined "M" on the helmet.

I think Minnesota looks pretty decent. I have to say, though... One thing I'm not a fan of with the more recent Nike designs is the general lack of pants striping. It seems like most new Nike designs don't feature them. I'm not saying all teams have to have them, but I hope we're not seeing a trend moving away from them completely.

Archived