Braves sue Disney for infringing on their name

johnnysama

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/The-Braves-have-a-problem-with-the-name-of-Pixar;_ylt=AniPaOmRCd7G8j5WtaufOnMRvLYF?urn=mlb-wp28853

Yeah. There they go again. The Atlanta Braves have sued Disney because they have a problem with the name of Disney/Pixar's newest film, Brave (to be released in 2012)- this really grinds my gears. It's made me realize what kind of society we've become- over-sensitive.

BTW, the best comment of all this lunacy (and much ado about nothing):

1) Don't EVER whistle Yankee Doodle Dandy.

2) Don't ever play the song "Blue Jay Way" by the Beatles.

3) Don't look at the rays at the aquarium. Or tigers at the zoo.

4) Don't smoke Phillies cigars. Or eat cream cheese on a bagel.

5) Don't drink Royal Crown whiskey.

6) Don't pray to Angels.

7) Do try to avoid messing with the Rangers in Texas.

8) Do NOT try your hand at deep-sea fishing, lets you catch a Marlin. Don't even bother asking for it at a seafood restaurant.

9) Don't wear anything red. Especially socks. And skip white ones while you're at it.

10) If you see a Cardinal at your bird feeder, look away.

11) For goodness sake, if you make your own homebrew - STOP!

12) Disney will also be forced to change the name of one of its franchises to Bucaneers of the Caribbean. At leat until the NFL catches on.

13) Please stay away from the large mountain range running from Canada to Colorado.

14) If you visit a priest, do not speak spanish.

15) Hagrid is not a Giant - he is a Big Person.

And I just wonder what's next- sailors being arrested for no good reason?!

UBwef0L.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/The-Braves-have-a-problem-with-the-name-of-Pixar;_ylt=AniPaOmRCd7G8j5WtaufOnMRvLYF?urn=mlb-wp28853

Yeah. There they go again. The Atlanta Braves have sued Disney because they have a problem with the name of Disney/Pixar's newest film, Brave (to be released in 2012)- this really grinds my gears. It's made me realize what kind of society we've become- over-sensitive.

BTW, the best comment of all this lunacy (and much ado about nothing):

1) Don't EVER whistle Yankee Doodle Dandy.

2) Don't ever play the song "Blue Jay Way" by the Beatles.

3) Don't look at the rays at the aquarium. Or tigers at the zoo.

4) Don't smoke Phillies cigars. Or eat cream cheese on a bagel.

5) Don't drink Royal Crown whiskey.

6) Don't pray to Angels.

7) Do try to avoid messing with the Rangers in Texas.

8) Do NOT try your hand at deep-sea fishing, lets you catch a Marlin. Don't even bother asking for it at a seafood restaurant.

9) Don't wear anything red. Especially socks. And skip white ones while you're at it.

10) If you see a Cardinal at your bird feeder, look away.

11) For goodness sake, if you make your own homebrew - STOP!

12) Disney will also be forced to change the name of one of its franchises to Bucaneers of the Caribbean. At leat until the NFL catches on.

13) Please stay away from the large mountain range running from Canada to Colorado.

14) If you visit a priest, do not speak spanish.

15) Hagrid is not a Giant - he is a Big Person.

And I just wonder what's next- sailors being arrested for no good reason?!

16) Don't watch Pirates of the Carribean.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Not sure how an expression of corporate greed indicates that we're a "super-sensitive" society, but what the heck.

The right to sue anybody for anything is what made this country great. But I'd be very surprised if the suit is allowed to go anywhere and, if not, that would demonstrate that the system works perfectly. Only time will tell.

21. Dodge will have to stop producing the Charger.

22. Steven Spielberg will have to retroactively change the title of his movie to "Discoverers of the Lost Ark."

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived