International Football League: Version 3.0

Julius Seizure

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Pharaohs identity is great, and actually really good for LA too. Tough so good for football, but also somehow glamourous so great for LA. My one quibble about the whole league identity is that a lot of the uniforms, though coloured differently seem all a bit similar to me. Maybe thats just me, but from that level its all feeling a bit UFL.

EDIT: just to slightly amend that last comment, the uniforms are different, dunno, maybe its just that the last couple have been relatively conservative in design.

And because the British team has the same pants basically as this new team...

vegasbowl.png

That Pharaohs identity is great, and actually really good for LA too. Tough so good for football, but also somehow glamourous so great for LA. My one quibble about the whole league identity is that a lot of the uniforms, though coloured differently seem all a bit similar to me. Maybe thats just me, but from that level its all feeling a bit UFL.

EDIT: just to slightly amend that last comment, the uniforms are different, dunno, maybe its just that the last couple have been relatively conservative in design.

And because the British team has the same pants basically as this new team...

There is definitely a formula I'm following with it, but the Outlaws, Crusaders, Barons and Pharaohs are the only teams with that similar stripe scheme. Rest assured you won't see on the other teams, haha! If I change any of stripes, it will probably be the Barons. I want something more modern looking.

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

loving the alternate logos for the barons and outlaws..both completely badass..

love the pharoahs logo as well, not a fan of the helmet however.. i think the logo may just be to small on it due to the logos longer height

btw this is another plea that you expand this league.. 12 teams just arent enough, im sure we all would be willing to chip in ideas for team names if thats the problem :)

6on7h5.jpg

THE Xtreme Fantasy Football League

loving the alternate logos for the barons and outlaws..both completely badass..

love the pharoahs logo as well, not a fan of the helmet however.. i think the logo may just be to small on it due to the logos longer height

btw this is another plea that you expand this league.. 12 teams just arent enough, im sure we all would be willing to chip in ideas for team names if thats the problem :)

agreed, this is the best concept I have seen so far from being here. I like how you actually use our ideas. Especially with the alternate helmets! Most people say its their way or the highway. Keep up the good work

vegasbowl.png

The whole Pharoahs set and the winged helmets for Cleveland are absolutely stunning. I'm really looking forward to what you're doing with this.

I also love what you're doing with the team info, too; I jumped out of my chair when I saw "Baizley-Hinds Field".

If you're planning on alternate helmets for LA and London:

LA: A headdress, not unlike what the Memphis Pharaohs did.

London: use one of the swords, kind of how the Scottish Claymores did . Another idea to tie into the Crusaders theme: A knight's helmet?

Also

I've set up the league on my sim pc game today, edited rosters to feature my team captains and coaches, and printed a schedule!!

I'm just curious: what's the name of that program?

soundersbanner.png

50124346-260x260-0-0_All+American+Sports+Series+Football+Pro+98.jpg

It's an old pc game called 'Sierra Sports: Football Pro'. I got it on Amazon for like, $6 It released from '92-'99, and it's the ONLY game I know of where you can actually create a league, and put it into action. You can pick from 6 sizes: 8, 10, 12, 18, 28, and 30 team leagues. Unfortunately, it got terrible reviews, and never sold well. (Sports gamers don't like being creative)

You can customize EVERYTHING in your league;

-name the divisions,

-FULLY edit the rosters,

-uniform colors,

-name the champ. trophy,

-it makes a default schedule, and EVERYTHING is printable

-game play can be simulated (watching the game in full), fast sim (30 second box score with basic stats), or play the game yourself against the comp.!

Worth every penny if you ask me!!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

50124346-260x260-0-0_All+American+Sports+Series+Football+Pro+98.jpg

It's an old pc game called 'Sierra Sports: Football Pro'. I got it on Amazon for like, $6 It released from '92-'99, and it's the ONLY game I know of where you can actually create a league, and put it into action. You can pick from 6 sizes: 8, 10, 12, 18, 28, and 30 team leagues. Unfortunately, it got terrible reviews, and never sold well. (Sports gamers don't like being creative)

You can customize EVERYTHING in your league;

-name the divisions,

-FULLY edit the rosters,

-uniform colors,

-name the champ. trophy,

-it makes a default schedule, and EVERYTHING is printable

-game play can be simulated (watching the game in full), fast sim (30 second box score with basic stats), or play the game yourself against the comp.!

Worth every penny if you ask me!!

Haha Sierra Sports... that's an old one. Good find, though! It's probably a lot simpler, too-- especially for what you're doing.

If anyone is interested in paying a little more, there's also this option.

Really?! I'm loving the new logo. It has a more sinister, 'top secret' feel to it. I could combine the radioactive symbol to the old alien head and keep this one as a secondary.

I like the new design, its just blah because its only one color. The old one had green grey and white

vegasbowl.png

Archived