Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Americans better win tonight against the Guatemalans. However, the USA qualifies tonight if:

-- It beats Guatemala;

-- It ties Guatemala;

-- It loses to Guatemala and Jamaica loses to or ties Antigua & Barbuda;

-- It loses to Guatemala and Jamaica beats Antigua & Barbuda by a combined margin of two goals;

-- It loses to Guatemala and Jamaica beats Antigua & Barbuda by a combined margin of three goals AND Jamaica scores no more than three goals or scores no more than three more goals than the USA scores.

This was obviously the best game they played in this round of qualifying, even taking the early Ruiz goal into account. They played with a much better style than other games and were dangerous through.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

With how well we played for most of the game, that Ruiz goal was a serious aberration. It was really early so the team was still getting into its rhythm, so to speak. All he accomplished with that goal was giving us the motivation to really get off our asses and win the game, and win we did.

However, Klinsi really needs to shore up the back line. Good thing there are four months for him to do so.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Real proud of the performance the USMNT put out tonight. They took full advantage of Guatemala's weakened back line & made em pay for it. Definitely saved the best performance of this phase for last. Now hopefully the form carries into the Hex.

6-0. None of these goals are the fault of Lars Hirschfeld.

You're still watching? You're a better fan than I.

I am waiting to see Stephen Hart's face.

Like you said. I hope Hoilett and De Guzman never show their face around here again. I find it laughable that both think they can play for England and the Netherlands respectively.

Hoilett is holding out for Jamaica I believe.

Regardless, your point remains. I'm with you.

I never really expected JDG jr to play for Canada as he'd have to give up his dutch passport to do so, but Hoilett has no excuse. In fact, the way his season is going currently he should have jumped at the chance to get some extra playing time and hopefully get in form.

At this point more than half the team is probably done with international competition as about 12 of the 22 players usually selected are going to be at that age when a player generally retires from international competition when the next world cup qualifiers come around.

All I have to say is TFC, Whitecaps FC and, Montreal Impact better get their asses in gear and start developing some Canadian talent otherwise the future looks very bleak.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

6-0. None of these goals are the fault of Lars Hirschfeld.

You're still watching? You're a better fan than I.

I am waiting to see Stephen Hart's face.

Like you said. I hope Hoilett and De Guzman never show their face around here again. I find it laughable that both think they can play for England and the Netherlands respectively.

Hoilett is holding out for Jamaica I believe.

Regardless, your point remains. I'm with you.

I never really expected JDG jr to play for Canada as he'd have to give up his dutch passport to do so, but Hoilett has no excuse. In fact, the way his season is going currently he should have jumped at the chance to get some extra playing time and hopefully get in form.

At this point more than half the team is probably done with international competition as about 12 of the 22 players usually selected are going to be at that age when a player generally retires from international competition when the next world cup qualifiers come around.

All I have to say is TFC, Whitecaps FC and, Montreal Impact better get their asses in gear and start developing some Canadian talent otherwise the future looks very bleak.

I read England, but Jamaica makes a helluva a lot more sense as his dad is from there. Still this is a joke. I don't know what is up. United States has the benefit of people, Mexico and the rest of the top Central American teams (Honduras, Costa Rica, Panama) have the benefit of the only sport they have ever cared about, thus they develop well. Canada has the resources, and the money. They just choose not to make it a realistic goal. Maybe finally, after getting our balls chopped off in San Pedro Sula. The CSA will do something, but it has to start with keeping homegrown talent wanting to play for Canada, and that goes with wanting to respect the crest, because honestly I sure the hell don't right now.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

That sounds reasonable, and I could see Jamaica having a decent shot at winning the playoff against the OFC team.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'll go Mexico / USA / Jamaica // Panama // Costa Rica / Honduras personally.

No walks in the park at any point in time, though. All of last time around's top four plus tough Jamaica and Panama sides.

And for our Canadian friends, there really is no excuse for consistently missing as poorly as Canada has. My greatest sympathies go out to y'all.

6fQjS3M.png

I wont be shocked and it will be a disaster for USA soccer, and Fox and their World Cup TV in 2014. Heads will be rolling like soccer balls for sure. BTW look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the start of the thread I said the USA wont qualify for the 2014 World Cup.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I would be shocked if they didn't. I know they struggled but I really like Klinsmann. He is completely changing the way US soccer has been played. We should attack more. We should be more physical with players like Clint Dempsey. He sees it. It just takes some time. US soccer use to be, curl up in a ball in the corner and hope we can sneak in a cheap shot. He is pumping this fighter up. We will be going in swinging for the Hex. I can't wait for it to start!

I wont be shocked and it will be a disaster for USA soccer, and Fox and their World Cup TV in 2014. Heads will be rolling like soccer balls for sure. BTW look waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back to the start of the thread I said the USA wont qualify for the 2014 World Cup.

Ah, where to begin... let's just start with "Fox and their World Cup TV". Um, what? I'm pretty sure ESPN has the US rights for WC2014.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived