Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

So we should sell out the integrity of the game, then?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to complain about the officiating, but honestly, the Whitecaps have bigger problems. Like resorting to out of work old Scottish players for DP's. We aren't exactly fishing in the deepest talent pool there. At the very least they need to get rid of miller. A DP striker who doesn't score is a waste of money.

And tactically, sitting back as much as they did was just inviting disaster. They pretty much conceded two thirds of the field for the whole second half.

The Caps were rolling along quiet well before all the personnel shuffling they did. Sometimes, I think coaches and managers just outsmart themselves.

Freaking Najar. Unbelievable reaction. Kids only 19 so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but now we dont get him for the 2nd leg in NJ. That was a wild game all around.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Freaking Najar. Unbelievable reaction. Kids only 19 so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt but now we dont get him for the 2nd leg in NJ. That was a wild game all around.

Yeesh... Throwing the ball at the ref is not the smartest idea out there. Better hope DC has a plan for Leg 2.

I think you might see Lewis Neal at RB. Andy is only there because of an injury to Daniel Woolard and hes still not ready to come back.

Anyway SKC vs Dynamo was as advertised, a physical battle all over the field. SKC better figure it out at home, theyre in real trouble.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

hey LA fallacy, ONE NIL TO THE EARTHQUAKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!!!!

Don't be a dick.

But yeah trademark late game win by the Quakes. But Yallop said it best, it's only halftime.

MLS Season way too long.

It lasts basically the same amount of time as European leagues.

EPL

Mid-August through Mid-May

MLS

Early March through early December

MLS needs to develop a better schedule of incorporating 34 matches per club into a seven month season. Take D.C. United's 2012 monthly schedule for example:

March - 4 matches

April - 5 matches

May - 6 matches

June - 3 matches

July - 2 matches

August - 6 matches

September - 5 matches

October - 3 matches

There's no reason, other than money, to start a regular season on March 10 and have it stretched until October 27. I would like to see the following changes for 2013**:

March - 3 matches (beginning March 16)

April - 5 matches

May - 6 matches

June - 6 matches

July - 5 matches

August - 5 matches

September - 4 matches (ending by September 22).

I could provide actual dates and whatnot; however, I envision that the regular season would end in mid to late September with the playoffs beginning the following weekend and concluding a month later.

*Note: This schedule is in the event that a club doesn't qualify for either the CCL or USOC.

MLS Season way too long.

It lasts basically the same amount of time as European leagues.

EPL

Mid-August through Mid-May

MLS

Early March through early December

MLS needs to develop a better schedule of incorporating 34 matches per club into a seven month season. Take D.C. United's 2012 monthly schedule for example:

March - 4 matches

April - 5 matches

May - 6 matches

June - 3 matches

July - 2 matches

August - 6 matches

September - 5 matches

October - 3 matches

There's no reason, other than money, to start a regular season on March 10 and have it stretched until October 27. I would like to see the following changes for 2013**:

March - 3 matches (beginning March 16)

April - 5 matches

May - 6 matches

June - 6 matches

July - 5 matches

August - 5 matches

September - 4 matches (ending by September 22).

I could provide actual dates and whatnot; however, I envision that the regular season would end in mid to late September with the playoffs beginning the following weekend and concluding a month later.

*Note: This schedule is in the event that a club doesn't qualify for either the CCL or USOC.

Problem is you fail to take in international dates which MLS is endeavoring to take off.

Here's who I want to advance:

D.C. United

Houston Dynamo

Real Salt Lake

San Jose Earthquakes

Here's who I think advances:

Red Bull New York

Houston Dynamo

Real Salt Lake

Los Angeles Galaxy

You think the Quakes lose at Buck Shaw for the only time this year?

Archived