Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

Well RBNY has a force field preventing them from going past the first round every year it seems.

Would you prefer to be TFC?

0 Trophies since 1996. There is no worse franchise than the Pink Cows from Jersey.

A7RQuNxCQAABb5b.png

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well RBNY has a force field preventing them from going past the first round every year it seems.

Would you prefer to be TFC?

0 Trophies since 1996. There is no worse franchise than the Pink Cows from Jersey.

A7RQuNxCQAABb5b.png

Exactly, and they have been to the MLS Cup once total fluke and they have won only a handful playoff games, no original MLS team has been worse and with the talent they have brought in, it is a disgrace than you have the awful team name.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah but every RBNY season is the same start good run out of gas in July, then go out in the quarterfinals. Its one of the reasons I have had a hard time truly getting into the MLS. With Henry this team should at least be in the MLS Cup.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah but every RBNY season is the same start good run out of gas in July, then go out in the quarterfinals. Its one of the reasons I have had a hard time truly getting into the MLS. With Henry this team should at least be in the MLS Cup.

Actually, RBNY didn't come close to making the playoffs in 2009 after their Cup appearance the previous year.

Also, if the last DCU - RBNY match was a microcosm of Henry's season, then he's definitely a part of the problem and not the solution in NY.

Dismissing Backe and his assistant, Halvorsen, was needed; however, I'm not sure if Mike Petke would be the right manager (if he sheds the "interim" tag) to lead RBNY next season. Additionally, I relish in the fact that the MetroStars/RBNY coaching rate is creeping towards one coach per season: 13 coaches versus 17 years of exists.

USA-Russia friendly just ended

9' Fedor Smolov (USA 0-1 RUS)

76' Michael Bradley (USA 1-1 RUS)

84' Roman Shirokov PK (USA 1-2 RUS)

93' Mix Diskerud (USA 2-2 RUS)

I like the draw. Pretty sloppy, but Russia is 9th in the world and a comeback draw is pretty impressive.

I'll call the results remarkable more than anything else.

It does look as if we were lucky to even have an opportunity to muster a draw.

(Note: My post is only based the results here as I did not watch the match).

The first Russian goal was really bad, just a terrible pass intercepted by Smolov led to the lead. But almost the entire 2nd half was played infront of the Russian goal, and you felt like the US would net one sooner or later just because of how close they came. Goodson's penalty was fair, and led to the 2-1 deficit. But Mix's goal was hit a defender and skipped in.

But a draw doesn't show how poor the US passed the ball early on, and how many times Howard had to save our defender's asses.

No matter how they did it, the US drew the 9th best team in the world on their own soil.

The US's play was generally not good. There were many glaring issues.

The first Russian goal was really bad, just a terrible pass intercepted by Smolov led to the lead. But almost the entire 2nd half was played infront of the Russian goal, and you felt like the US would net one sooner or later just because of how close they came. Goodson's penalty was fair, and led to the 2-1 deficit. But Mix's goal was hit a defender and skipped in.

But a draw doesn't show how poor the US passed the ball early on, and how many times Howard had to save our defender's asses.

No matter how they did it, the US drew the 9th best team in the world on their own soil.

Interesting and conflicting perspective gents. I hope a replay of this match is available on FSC later tonight or in the week so that I can watch it as well.

I slept through the first half but got to see the second. Tim Howard was definitely the most valuable player for the US in this game. Russia probably should have got another goal or two, but Howard came up with some really big saves. Russia definitely looked like the stronger team through much of the match and were unlucky to only get a draw. That being said, the US played well at times and you knew they were going to get a goal. We were lucky to get a draw, but I'll take it. I think the draw also means that this was the best calender year for the US in terms of winning percentage.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I think the draw also means that this was the best calender year for the US in terms of winning percentage.

No, we needed to win to secure the best WP in a calendar year. The draw means we tied a previous year. I just don't recall which.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Anyone else see the news that Chivas USA is going to "re-Mexicanize" themselves going forward? Because that worked so well for them from 2005-2009.

Hopefully that means Juan Agudelo can go somewhere relevant.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Anyone else see the news that Chivas USA is going to "re-Mexicanize" themselves going forward? Because that worked so well for them from 2005-2009.

Has that franchise done anything well since its founding?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Has that franchise done anything well since its founding?

Chivas USA does have a high rate of roster and managerial turnover, so that's something that this club is "good" at.

Archived