Domestic Soccer 2012

TFoA

hey LA fallacy, ONE NIL TO THE EARTHQUAKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!!!!

Don't be a dick.

But yeah trademark late game win by the Quakes. But Yallop said it best, it's only halftime.

excuse me, but we've beaten LA 3 times this year, twice at home, we won last night in ADDED TIME. they bitched about us in the media before the game, and they are whiny bitches, ESPECIALLY landon donovon. i am not being a dick, i am being a FAN

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's who I want to advance:

D.C. United

Houston Dynamo

Real Salt Lake

San Jose Earthquakes

Here's who I think advances:

Red Bull New York

Houston Dynamo

Real Salt Lake

Los Angeles Galaxy

You think the Quakes lose at Buck Shaw for the only time this year?

Anything's possible, especially if it's only a 1-0 advantage.

MLS Season way too long.

It lasts basically the same amount of time as European leagues.

EPL

Mid-August through Mid-May

MLS

Early March through early December

MLS needs to develop a better schedule of incorporating 34 matches per club into a seven month season. Take D.C. United's 2012 monthly schedule for example:

March - 4 matches

April - 5 matches

May - 6 matches

June - 3 matches

July - 2 matches

August - 6 matches

September - 5 matches

October - 3 matches

There's no reason, other than money, to start a regular season on March 10 and have it stretched until October 27. I would like to see the following changes for 2013**:

March - 3 matches (beginning March 16)

April - 5 matches

May - 6 matches

June - 6 matches

July - 5 matches

August - 5 matches

September - 4 matches (ending by September 22).

I could provide actual dates and whatnot; however, I envision that the regular season would end in mid to late September with the playoffs beginning the following weekend and concluding a month later.

*Note: This schedule is in the event that a club doesn't qualify for either the CCL or USOC.

Problem is you fail to take in international dates which MLS is endeavoring to take off.

I didn't fail at neglecting the international dates. MLS said they weren't playing on international dates this year, however, that didn't stop the League from scheduling matches two or three days ahead of these specific match dates.

hey LA fallacy, ONE NIL TO THE EARTHQUAKESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

GOONIES NEVER SAY DIE!!!!

Don't be a dick.

But yeah trademark late game win by the Quakes. But Yallop said it best, it's only halftime.

excuse me, but we've beaten LA 3 times this year, twice at home, we won last night in ADDED TIME. they bitched about us in the media before the game, and they are whiny bitches, ESPECIALLY landon donovon. i am not being a dick, i am being a FAN

Rubbing it in before we've actually won is a great way to end up with egg on your face all I'm saying. Don't count your chickens yet.

Nah, like the 80s movie. But it would actually be 11. The 8 teams now, plus the Cosmos and Ottawa. I'm not sure if I like a team in the DC Metro area. If it was Norfolk it would make sense(since Richmod is in the USL Pro). But I'm sure they aren't done expanding in the near future.

That makes sense with the Stars sticking around. Keeps the number of teams even.

NoVa won't start until 2014, same as Ottawa. Cosmos are (supposedly) starting in 2013.

Stars have a press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon to announce the new owners.

Also: I know you hate MLS and all that, but relative quality of leagues has nothing to do with scheduling their games.

Also-also: TnAk, tired it after paying attention to them for like five minutes?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

And Indianapolis seems by all accounts slated to be added in 2014 as well. I'll be happy when we get a concrete announcement, though.

Ah yes, I've heard that too. I think with 12 teams they should cap it and let the league grow internally as opposed to spreading out. Even though a team somewhere relatively western would help Edmonton out.

I certainly don't hate MLS. In fact, I'm looking forward to them having a New York team so I can follow the league more closely. ;)

This I don't get. I know you're being somewhat facetious, yet many have that attitude and are dead serious about it. Yet the same people will get defensive when you tell them the only football team that actually represents New York plays in Buffalo.

Im not actually being facetious. I'm actually serious, even with the emoticon.

It has nothing to do with the Corporate Naming Rights FC (no matter what they called themselves) playing in New Jersey and not in a New York ZIP code - I don't know any New Yorker who actually feels that way about any sports teams. New Jersey is suburban New York, part of our market, and so long as they want to represent us they're all ours. Buffalo? Might as well be Pittsburgh or Cleveland for all the relationship it has with the city.

My refusal to follow the Red Bulls/MetroStars was entirely due to their contempt for the city, which came through loud and clear from Day One. They didn't advertise in the city, they didn't market in the city, they didn't do outreach to fan groups in the city, amateur adult soccer leagues in the city or kids' leagues in the city. Strange as it may seem, but in a few short months the Cosmos had already done more to foster and encourage soccer culture in New York City than Franchise FC ever did. Boggles the mind. And New Yorkers took notice.

There has always been an MLS club within a few miles of NYC. But for all that club cared, they might as well have been in Buffalo.

That makes sense with the Stars sticking around. Keeps the number of teams even.

NoVa won't start until 2014, same as Ottawa. Cosmos are (supposedly) starting in 2013.

Stars have a press conference scheduled for Thursday afternoon to announce the new owners.

Also: I know you hate MLS and all that, but relative quality of leagues has nothing to do with scheduling their games.

Also-also: TnAk, tired it after paying attention to them for like five minutes?

Well I have watched a few MLS games on TV this year, the schedule just bother me I wish it was more compact and when you root for lousy teams like RBNY and the Timbers it is hard to get into it.

In fact I will watch RBNY vs DCU tonight in the snow may be fun

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived